Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Sherlock Gnomes $11.97 (28% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Death of Superman (Blu-ray)
$17.96
4 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.87
14 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$139.99

The Tree of Life (Blu-ray)
$22.00
21 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible III 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

I Kill Giants (Blu-ray)
$9.99

A Bad Moms Christmas (Blu-ray)
$9.59

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00
9 hrs ago
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99
14 hrs ago
Rabid (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > P@t_Mtl

Conversation Between P@t_Mtl and BohemianGraham
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. BohemianGraham
    01-20-2012 08:13 AM
    BohemianGraham
    I think I'm just going to throw in the towel in the Criterion thread. Who knew that an independent film, which 85% of the population has never heard of, would cause so much strife and posturing.
  2. P@t_Mtl
    01-19-2012 07:28 PM
    P@t_Mtl
    The danger is that when you talk about the movie, you will always have a few that will just have to act like you are insulting them because you did agree with them. Everytime I see a movie (I see them late cause I rent a lot) I like to go into the thread of the movie and make a post on what I like or dislike and my general feeling about. Right after they come out looking for blood cause you did not like the movie. The last one was Antichrist which I saw last weekend. I made a comment as where glad I saw it but really I did not find it that amazing and I will not bother to see it again. The following post were fun
  3. BohemianGraham
    01-19-2012 06:39 PM
    BohemianGraham
    P@t just saw your message, I don't profess to be a cinematic expert, but I agree with you. I like Criterions because the films interest me, & because they allow me to move onto other films not necessarily in the collection. I don't always like what Criterion adds to their collection, but Criterion have their reasons for including it. It's part of the reason why I love TCM so much as well. I'm just as guilty as wanting stuff to be added to the collection, but at the same time, I don't get worked up when Criterion overlooks it & adds something I don't like. I do a lot of blind buying, because I'm interested in seeing the film, although I usually conduct a lot of research beforehand. I find that a lot of people on this forum are more concerned with PQ, the packaging, how many films & how cheap they can get a film, rather than the film itself. I guess I'm just a bit of an odd ball because I just love watching movies, regardless of what format they're in & I'm always looking for new ones.
  4. P@t_Mtl
    01-19-2012 04:28 PM
    P@t_Mtl
    Hello good afternoon, sorry to jump in here but wanted to comment on one of your post from earlier this morning (or maybe last night) I also have notice some change in Criterion fans. Not that the fans were not shall we say arrogant and snobish in the old days but what I have notice in the last 4 or 5 years is more and more people buying Criterion movie more as a status then anything else. That is the feeling I am getting "hey! I buy Criterion so I know cinema" and not because they are actually interested in the movies. Plus it seem more and more they would rather have their favorite director's movie in the collection as a sign of status, thus all the calls for Nolan and others who really should just remain in the main releases of studios. Most of them just do not see the Criterion should be releasing movies that have no chance to being done by regular studios since they just won't care. You think WB would care about releasing movies of Ozu