These two were commisions, so I'm not at liberty to share them with anyone. I just wanted to show them off.
For Terror in the Aisles I found a good-sized poster on Wikipedia. It had some folds I removed using the clone tool. It was a bit tricky with all the text, but whenever a crease crossed a letter I just cloned the entire letter from somewhere else.
What took the longest time was to replicate and expand the text from the skull into the general background. I found a listing of the films featured in this documentary on the Wiki page and copied that as text into a text layer in Photoshop. Matching the beginnings and endings of words where they intersected the titles on the skull took some legerdemain. It's pretty close, but not perfect, so I blended the edges to conceal the transition.
In the end, the client preferred an all black background, but I am showing my original version here. The specs won't be finalized until the movie comes out.
I offered to make a version of the US Skynet edition of T2 with the Ken Taylor poster for a forum member. I think the poster is very cool, but I wouldn't have picked it for a cover myself. (Mostly because you can never make a matching set for the rest of the films.)
I used only the colours found on the poster for the logos and lettering. Red on black is usually dynamite (like the A-team van and Knightrider!) so the choice was obvious. I had to choose the back stills carefully so as not to clash with the colour scheme of the cover.
I've started retyping all the legal small print on my covers, individualizing it for each film and it just gives them that little extra polish. I feel I'm starting to get the hang of the backs. The trick is not to try to cram too much into them. You'll note there's no recap for the movie on there, as the extras are the main attraction of the Skynet edition anyway.
Taking commissions is a good way of diversifying, doing covers I otherwise wouldn't do for myself.