||05-13-2011 05:45 PM
Modern Warfare 3
CoD: XP Multiplayer Keynote Speech
Multiplayer Gameplay Videos
MW3 Hardened Edition Contents & Elite Premium Membership Details
Robert Bowling from Infinity Ward talks in-depth about the new Prestige Shop coming to Modern Warfare 3. Every time you prestige in MW3, you’ll receive a prestige token. Use it to unlock rewards like double XP for a limited time, an extra custom class, or choose one piece of gear from your custom class to keep unlocked from rank 1 of future prestiges.
If you’ve ever prestiged in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War, Modern Warfare 2 or Call of Duty: Black Ops you’ll get tokens that you can use in MW3 on day one! The weekend of October 27th, we’ll be running Double XP for MW2 and Black Ops, so be sure to rank up and collect those prestige tokens.
MW3 Teaser Trailers
An annual subscription to Call of Duty's forthcoming Elite service will cost £34.99 ($49.99), Activision has announced.
This fee will include early access to every piece of downloadable content released over that period - around 20 add-ons that will be delivered no more than one month apart from one another. And it won't just be extra maps - new Spec Op missions and game modes are also planned.
Maps and other content downloaded via one's premium Elite subscription will still be yours even if you let your premium membership lapse, the company said. Players won't be required to maintain an ongoing paid subscription (a la Sony's PlayStation Plus) to access their digital goods downloaded through Elite.
Additionally, the subscription to Premium Elite will offer eligibility to compete in online competitions, with prizes apparently including virtual items, iPads and jeeps.
These matches will be tailored for players of all skills levels and will be both moderated and refereed 24/7 to ensure fairness and monitor cheating.
Premium Elite will also offer subscribers eight times as much capacity as free users for uploading HD clips of multiplayer matches featuring up to four minutes of play in total.
Subscribers to the Premium service will be granted exclusive access to expert strategy and analysis too, via regularly updated videos presented by the best players in the world.
Alongside tips videos, Premium Elite subscribers will receive episodic video content. Activision has a number of shows in production, some of which involve veteran Hollywood producers Tony and Ridley Scott of Top Gun/Blade Runner fame.
Will Arnett and Jason Batemen, co-stars of American comedy series par excellence Arrested Development are also creating an exclusive episodic TV show called Noob Tube, in which the actors provide commentary on footage of multiplayer games.
A year's subscription to Elite Premium will be included free in the Hardened edition of Modern Warfare 3 when it's released later this year. Buyers will also earn "Lifetime Founder" status, which is a good one for livening up the C.V.
Contents listing for the MW3 Hardened Edition.
- The Call of Duty: MW3 game disc, featuring unique disc art
1-year Call of Duty Elite premium membership, including:
For more information, visit http://www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included.html
- 20 pieces of Modern Warfare 3 DLC delivered over a 9 month period
- Incredible variety, including new MP maps, Spec Ops missions and game modes
- Ownership of all DLC, even if your membership expires
- Prized Events, Operations, Leagues and custom in-game playlist and modes
Special Founder status on Call of Duty Elite, including:
- Unique Founder weapon camo and profile skin
- Exclusive Founder in-game Player Card and Emblem
- Access to the private ""#Founder" Group
- Special Founder Clan XP boost
- Special Founder Operations, Events and Leagues
- Exclusive Founder prizes and experiences
- Premium, collectible steelbook case
- Exclusive Special Ops Juggernaut Xbox LIVE outfit
- Limited edition, collectible field journal chronicling the entire saga with 100+ pages of authentic military sketches, diagrams and written entries.
Modern Warfare 3's New Strike Packages
Before I get into the meat of what Strike Packages mean for Modern Warfare 3, say goodbye to the killstreak. And say hello to pointstreaks, all 28 of them. No longer will player kills be the only way to build up streaks. Sure, kills still count, but in MW3, completing objectives in gametypes like Capture the Flag and Seek and Destroy will reward players with points they can cash in to call in recon drones, attack helicopters, sentries and other power-ups. Kill assists count toward pointstreak numbers too, letting supporting players, not just the dominant virtual marksman have all the fun.
As you can see, in the bottom right you can see pointstreak icons with three horizontal black bars next to them. When you gain points part of that bar fills up, and when all three bars are full that enables your first reward. You can also check it out in the gameplay videos. The screen I took this from was the keynote speech video, around the 30min 35sec mark, you can see it clearly building up as he is getting points, and it emptying when he gets killed.
Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling explained the change at Call of Duty XP, saying "the killstreak system was optimized for one game type: Team Deathmatch." Now, players will be rewarded more handsomely for actually completing each gametype's objectives.
Modern Warfare 3's pointstreaks come in three groups, dubbed Strike Packages. Players can customize their classes with one of three Strike Packages, adding a new layer of personalization to COD multiplayer. The three types are Assault, Support and Specialist. Each has its own list of 'streaks. Here they are.
If you like "big body counts, the Assault package is for you.With Assault, you can call in UAVs and care package drops, naturally, but this is also where the big guns live: assault helicopters, AC130, Predator missiles, mortar strikes, Juggernaut suits. Assault brings the pain. Your streak count will reset every time you die, if you go for the Assault Strike Package.
Support is about "helping the team win," not just stacking your body count.Sounds nice, doesn't it? For the less aggressive team player, Support deals in 'streaks that lean more defensive. This includes the option to drop a remote gun turret, call in a hacked airdrop, deploy ballistic vests to your team, drop an EMP or, ultimately, call in an Osprey gunship that also delivers five airdrop packages (one of them hacked). With Support, your streak count will not reset upon death.
Finally, Specialist is all about perks.Become a super soldier with Specialist, which lets players stack on additional perks. You'll get up to six perks—including Sleight of Hand, Hardline, Recon, et al—as the 'streaks pile up. After your eighth kill, however, you get every perk available to you. You become a monster.
Here are a few of the new perks coming in Modern Warfare 3. (Full List Can Be Found Further Down The Page)
Some perks you wont see return in MW3. "No One Man Army, no Nuke, no Commando and no Last Stand," Infinity Ward promises.
- Recon – Explosive damage paints the target on the mini map
- Blind Eye – Undetectable by air support/sentries
- Assassin – Undetectable by UAV, portable radar, thermal, heartbeat
- Quickdraw – Faster aim down sight
- Stalker – Move faster while aiming
- Marksman – Identify targets at longer range
Modern Warfare 3's New Gameplay Modes
Another big change to Modern Warfare multiplayer is Weapon Proficiencies, a new leveling system for firearms. Basically, the more often you use a weapon in MW3, whether it's an assault rifle, handgun, shotgun or sniper rifle, the better that weapon gets. In real terms, this means players can reduce gun sway, decrease recoil and add more attachments over time—among other things.
Oh, and if you really just adore player progression and experience points, know that the leveling up of Modern Warfare's multiplayer has been adapted for the Modern Warfare 3's version of Spec-Ops mode.
There is also the Prestige Shop, that lets you choose how you are rewarded for prestiging.
List of Strike-Packages, Deathstreaks, Equipment & Perks
Competitive multiplayer in Modern Warfare 3 will be expanded with at least two new prominent gameplay modes, Kill Confirmed and Team Defender.
You may have seen a snippet of Kill Confirmed in the leaked-early multiplayer trailer. That's the one with the big glowing dog tags that drop from corpses. Those dog tags are how players confirm kills in this Team Deathmatch variant. Kills don't count as a point for your team until you or one of you allies grabs a dead man's dropped dog tags. That adds an intriguing layer of strategy to Team Deathmatch, as opposing players can grab the dog tags of their fallen teammates before you do. And if they see one of their comrades lying dead, dog tags floating above their body, they'll know where your headed if you want to score.
Team Defender, which I didn't get to preview, is a Capture The Flag variant, just without the flag return. Hold onto an enemy flag for as long as possible, sticking together as a team to survive.
There will also be new Private Match game types added to MW3, each of which has been "significantly enhanced to allow players to create new, customizable game modes" that they can share with friends. "Through [Call of Duty Elite], subscribers can vote on favorite new modes and those modes could make their way into public playlists," Activision says. Here are those new Private Match modes.
- Infection – The infected kills enemies to recruit them for the infected team.
- Drop Zone – Hold the Drop Zone for Team Points and Care Packages.
- Team Juggernaut – With the support of a juggernaut, kill players on the opposing team. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Juggernaut – Kill the Juggernaut to become the new Juggernaut.
- Gun Game – Be the first to dominate with every gun.
- One in the Chamber – Gain ammo by eliminating enemies. Be the last to survive.
List Of Weapons, Attachments & Proficiency
Assault package (Your Streak Count Resets Upon Death. Rewards Punish The Other Team) *Denotes what was in the original leaked list.
3 kills - UAV
4 Kills – Care Package
5 Kills – IMS (Intelligent.Munitions.System - 3 or 4 landmines that cannot be stunned or flashed.)
5 Kills – Predator Missile
5 Kills – Sentry Gun
6 Kills – Precision Airstrike
7 Kills – Attack Helicopter
9 Kills – Strafe Run (Strafing Run of 5 Attack Hellicopters) *Little Bird Flock (Mini helicopters that patrol the map.)
9 Kills – Little Bird Guard (Get Personal Air Support From A Little Bird Guardian.)
9 Kills – Reaper (Lase Targets Remotely From the Reaper UAV) *(Mortar Team with 5 predator missiles.)
10 Kills – Assault Drone (Airdrop An Assault Drone) *Talon (Mini Tank, like the one in Homefront)
12 Kills – AC-130
12 Kills – Pavelow
15 Kills – Juggernaut (Recieve Advanced Armor Via Carepackage)
17 Kills – Osprey Gunner (Chopper Gunner that drops an emergency airdrop)
Support package (Your Streak Count Persists Through Death. Rewards Support Your Team)
4 Kills – UAV
5 Kills – Counter-UAV
5 Kills – Ballistic Duffel (Entire team gets Juggernaut perk until they die)
5 Kills – Airdrop Trap (Drops hacked Care Package)
8 Kills – SAM Turret
10 Kills – Recon Drone (Remote Control Helicopter With UAV-like Camera)
12 kills - Advanced UAV (Target Enemies With Missiles)
12 Kills – Remote Turret (Sentry Gun That You Can Control. Works like Camera Spike in Black Ops)
14 Kills – Stealth Bomber
18 Kills – EMP
18 Kills – Juggernaut Recon
18 Kills – Escort Airdrop (Same as osprey gunner, except you don’t control it, and it drops 4 care packages, and 1 hacked care package.)
Specialist package (Your Streak Count Resets Upon Death. Rewards Stack Temporary Perks Until Death)
2 Kills – Gain an extra Perk
4 Kills – Gain an extra Perk
6 Kills – Gain an extra Perk
4 Deaths – Juiced (Move Faster For A Few Seconds After Respawning)
4 Deaths – Martyrdom (Unlocked at Colnel I [Lv51])
4 Deaths – Final Stand (Unlocked at Command Sergeant Major I [Lv32])
5 Deaths – Revenge (You'll See the Position of the Last Enemy That Killed You)
5 Deaths – Hollow Points (Unlocked at Commander [Lv71]( (increased bullet damage for 1 kill)
6 Deaths – Dead Man’s Hand (Unlocked at eneral III [Lv57])(player falls into last stand with C4)
Equipment - Lethal
Bouncing Betty (Unlocked at 2nd Lieutenant III [Lv37] )
Claymore (Unlocked at Colnel III [Lv53] )
C4 (Unlocked at General III [Lv69] )
Equipment - Tactical
EMP Grenade (Destroy Enemy Equipment and Electronics)
Trophy System - An active protection system (APS), It intercepts and destroys incoming missiles and rockets with a shotgun-like blast. (Unlocked at Major I [Lv45] )
Tactical Insertion (Unlocked at General III [Lv61] )
Portable Radar (Unlocked at Comander [Lv77] )
List of Trophies/Achievements
Modern Warfare 3 features more than 40 of the most high-speed weapons that are either in-use or being field-tested by special forces. New weapon progression is designed to improve specific weapon leveling unlocks (attachments, reticules, and camos) and Weapon Proficiencies Weapon Proficiency allows players to specialize their weapons with new attributes (some unique to weapon classes)
- Type 95
- ACR 6.8
- L86 LSW
- PKP Pecheneg
- Barrett .50 Cal
- USAS 12
- KSG 12
- Model 1887
- Kick (Reduced Recoil When Firing)
- Impact (Bullets Carry More Damage Through Materials)
- Range (Increase effective weapon range)
- Attachments (Two Attachments Can Be Added To A Weapon)
- Focus (Reduced Flinch When Hit)
- Breath (Hold Breath While ADS)
- Melee (Faster melee)
- Stability (Reduced Weapon Sway While ADS)
- Red Dot Sight
- Grenade Launcher
- ACOG Scope
- Heartbeat Sensor
- Hybrid Sight
- Holographic Sight
- Extended Mags
- Target Dot
- H Dot
- USP .45
- .44 Magnum
- Desert Eagle
- M320 GLM
- Red Dot Sight
- Holographic Sight
- Extended Mags
- Back in the Fight (5) - Start the Single Player Campaign on any difficulty.
- Too Big to Fail (10) - Destroy the Jamming Tower. Complete "Black Tuesday" on any difficulty.
- Wet Work (10) - Take back New York Harbor. Complete "Hunter Killer" on any difficulty.
- Carpe Diem (10) - Escape the mountain safe house. Complete "Persona Non Grata" on any difficulty.
- Frequent Flyer (10) - Defend the Russian President. Complete "Turbulence" on any difficulty.
- Up to No Good (10) - Infiltrate the village. Complete "Back on the Grid" on any difficulty.
- One Way Ticket (10) - Make it to Westminster. Complete "Mind the Gap" on any difficulty.
- Welcome to WW3 (10) - Save the US Vice President. Complete "Goalpost" on any difficulty.
- Sandstorm! (10) - Assault the shipping company. Complete "Return to Sender" on any difficulty.
- Back Seat Driver (10) - Track down Volk. Complete "Bag and Drag" on any difficulty.
- We'll Always Have Paris (10) - Escape Paris with Volk. Complete "Iron Lady" on any difficulty.
- Vive la Révolution! (10) - Reach the church. Complete "Eye of the Storm" on any difficulty.
- Requiem (10) - Escape the city. Complete "Blood Brothers" on any difficulty.
- Storm the Castle (10) - Discover Makarov's next move. Complete "Stronghold" on any difficulty.
- Bad First Date (10) - Find the girl. Complete "Scorched Earth" on any difficulty.
- Diamond in the Rough (10) - Rescue the Russian President. Complete "Down the Rabbit Hole" on any difficulty.
- The Big Apple (25) - Complete "Black Tuesday" and "Hunter Killer" on Veteran difficulty.
- Out of the Frying Pan... (25) - Complete "Persona Non Grata", "Turbulence", and "Back on the Grid" on Veteran difficulty.
- Payback (25) - Complete "Mind the Gap", "Goalpost", and "Return to Sender" on Veteran difficulty.
- City of Lights (25) - Complete "Bag and Drag" and "Iron Lady" on Veteran difficulty.
- The Darkest Hour (25) - Complete "Eye of the Storm", "Blood Brothers", and "Stronghold" on Veteran difficulty.
- This is the End (25) - Complete "Scorched Earth", "Down the Rabbit Hole", and "Dust to Dust" on Veteran difficulty.
- Who Dares Wins (40) - Complete the campaign on any difficulty.
- The Best of the Best (100) - Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.
- Strike! (20) - Kill 5 enemies with a single grenade in Single Player or Special Ops.
- Jack the Ripper (20) - Melee 5 enemies in a row in Single Player or Special Ops.
- Informant (20) - Collect 22 Intel Items.
- Scout Leader (35) - Collect 46 Intel Items.
- This Is My Boomstick (20) - Kill 30 enemies with the XM25 in "Black Tuesday."
- What Goes Up... (20) - Destroy all the choppers with only the UGV's grenade launcher in "Persona Non Grata."
- For Whom the Shell Tolls (20) - Destroy all targets during the mortar sequence with only 4 shells in "Back on the Grid."
- Kill Box (20) - Kill 20 enemies with the Chopper Gunner in a single run in "Return to Sender."
- Danger Close (20) - Take down a chopper with an AC-130 smoke grenade in "Bag and Drag."
- Ménage à Trois (20) - Destroy 3 tanks with a single 105mm shot in "Iron Lady."
- Nein (20) - Kill 9 enemies with A-10 strafing runs in "Scorched Earth."
- 50/50 (20) - Complete a Special Ops Mission Mode game with the same number of kills as your partner.
- Birdie (20) - Kill 2 enemy helicopters without getting hit in a Special Ops Survival game.
- Serrated Edge (15) - Finish a Juggernaut with a knife in Special Ops.
- Arms Dealer (20) - Buy all items from the Survival Weapon Armory.
- Danger Zone (20) - Buy all items from the Survival Air Support Armory.
- Defense Spending (20) - Buy all items from the Survival Equipment Armory.
- Get Rich or Die Trying (25) - Have $50,000 current balance in a Special Ops Survival game.
- I Live (10) - Survive 1 wave in a Special Ops Survival game.
- Survivor (20) - Reach Wave 10 in each mission of Special Ops Survival mode.
- Unstoppable (40) - Reach Wave 15 in each mission of Special Ops Survival mode.
- No Assistance Required (20) - Complete a Special Ops Mission Mode game on Hardened or Veteran with no player getting downed.
- Brag Rags (10) - Earn 1 star in Special Ops Mission Mode.
- Tactician (20) - Earn 1 star in each mission of Special Ops Mission Mode.
- Overachiever (40) - Earn 48 stars in Special Ops Mission Mode.
- Secret Achievement (20) - Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.