View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 02:40 AM   #9514

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
And don't forget the engine was untouched internally and same with the transmission. Some things were required to change the car for safety reasons. I don't know if they thought that would lower the top end and that was what they did to compensate it. And don't forget there were several versions of the XJ220 and I don't know which version set the 217 record or what it had done to it and its hard to tell what version was eventually sold because there were changes from the initial concept that people didn't like and the motor was changed. And wasn't it $650,000??? In 1992??? I mean come on, that car costs 10 times what this one does.
Engine internals shouldnt need to be changed. On my personal car I went from 300hp to 375hp with just a turbo back exhaust and remapped ECU. So a car with 510hp with that many mods was probably making 600-650hp.

Safety changes was probably a roll cage which might or might not have added weight, not that it would have mattered much since those speed runs are over a flying mile.

But all my trying to get across is the speed run they made and are giving to the production car should be taken with a grain of salt because a production car didnt do 230+mph.

When they remove the speed limiter and dont modify the car and then do the same top speed let me know because that would be impressive.