View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 05:01 AM   #9520

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
I'm not the one quoting them. And this is what was said about the modifications,

Modifications to the car were minor, with some aerodynamic work and safety features added to make the car suitable for a Bonneville run.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/10901121...#ixzz1GM24Inwb

And who knows what was done to the XJ220? Jag is the one saying it, contact them with the correction, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Anyone see the new Jag they just announced as going to be the fastest production car they have ever made?
You quoting them.

Replacing an intake and exhaust and remapping an ECU isnt hard to do thats why they are "minor" changes.

As for the XJ220 changes they were the removal of catalytic converters and changing the max RPM from 7200 to 7900. And that gave them basically 5mph extra top speed.

And its really not that big of a deal to me so no need to contact Jag. You are the one that decided you had a point to make (what ever that might be) when I brought up the XJ220. I figured you were talking about the XKR-S since you posted a picture of it (and its 180mph speed) after talking about the so called fastest jag without giving any reference to XFR.