thread: Onkyo HT-S3400
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Power Member

Aug 2009
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyslide View Post
1. Connect the Sony to the new one via Opitcal In or the Coaxial.( it has 2 Optical Inputs)

2. The component cables are for video only. Connect the Cable box and /or Wii with either the rca audio imputs or the Coaxial input(it has one Coaxial input).

Good Luck
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Shouldn't I be able to get the audio I want from the s350 to the Onkyo through the HDMI alone? The Onkyo should be able to decode the DTS-MA, right?

As for the cable box and Wii, I guess I could just connect them to the TV and use an optical cable for the audio. No big deal.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and order this tomorrow and keep my current Blu-ray player for now. I think I have it all figured out. Thanks for your reply.

I'll give feedback about the system when I have it all set up. This is kind of exciting. I've only been getting half the Blu-ray experience all this time, now's that's going to change hopefully.
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load o' divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington

Current Setups:
- Epson 8350, 145" display on wall with Behr Silver Screen, Onkyo HT-S3400 HTiB, Samsung BD player
- Vizio 65" M-Series w/ 3D, Vizio 5.1 soundbar, PS3 Slim, PS4, Wii U, XBox360
PSN ID: ozz_soad NN ID: ozzsoad

Last edited by ozzsoad; 05-03-2011 at 06:53 PM.