Action-Adventure / Shooter
Trophies, LPCM 7.1 Audio
ESRB Teen, PEGI 16+, BBFC 15, CERO C
Released on Blu-ray Disc:
OUT NOW (Reduced Price 'Greatest Hits' / 'Platinum' / 'the Best')
Developed by the studio that brought blockbuster hit franchises Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter to PlayStation fans, Naughty Dog's Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is the first game in a new fast-paced action-adventure franchise developed exclusively for the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system.
Taking full advantage of the power of PS3, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is developed using proprietary technology that promises to impress players with incredibly realistic characters and lifelike environments. Building on its legacy of extraordinary storytelling, Naughty Dog has created an elaborate plot that will have players guessing at every turn.
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune brings players into a world ripe with realism and unexpected juxtapositions. A fallible hero akin to those depicted in pulp-adventure genre films, Nathan Drake brings a humanity and believability never seen before in video gaming, enabled entirely through PS3 technology advancements.
A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
The search turns deadly when Nathan Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.
Uncharted: The El Dorado Megamix
- Using maps and ancient artifacts, uncover clues and unravel mysteries to find a forgotten island and a treasure that was thought to have never existed.
- Explore exotic locations: traverse through living jungles and spectacular 400-year-old ruins.
- Drake's companions and allies play an important role in the adventure through cooperative mechanics, gun play and exploration.
- Experience fast-paced gunplay: use a variety of environmental elements for cover, shoot enemies off of moving vehicles in high speed chases and more.
- Use an array of hand-to-hand fighting moves to put your enemy off balance. Anything from wild haymaker punches to running drop-kicks.
- Naughty Dog's advanced animation techniques allow Nathan to switch seamlessly between movements and achieve a whole new level of believability in gameplay. Nathan can reload his weapon while dodging bullets and find cover behind a wall, all in one smooth natural motion.
- Characters express lifelike emotion using gesture and facial expression through the use of Naughty Dog's proprietary wrinkle mapping facial animation system.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting delivers full floating point color calculations yielding an unequaled level of realism and detail.
- Hyper realistic water through physics based wave simulation paired with cutting edge refraction / reflection rendering techniques.
- Utilizing next generation rendering techniques such as bump mapping, parallax mapping, blend shaders, global illumination, runtime and real time shadows, Naughty Dog has created a vibrant living environment.
by DJ Shadow (Free MP3 sample)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Soundtrack on iTunes
by Greg Edmonson
(click to reveal)
- Platinum – Platinum
- First Treasure – Find one treasure
- Beginner Fortune Hunter – Find five treasures
- Novice Fortune Hunter – Find 10 treasures
- Enthusiast Fortune Hunter – Find 15 treasures
- Intermediate Fortune Hunter – Find 20 treasures
- Skilled Fortune Hunter – Find 25 treasures
- Proficient Fortune Hunter – Find 30 treasures
- Advanced Fortune Hunter – Find 35 treasures
- Professional Fortune Hunter – Find 40 treasures
- Senior Fortune Hunter – Find 45 treasures
- Expert Fortune Hunter – Find 50 treasures
- Crack Fortune Hunter – Find 55 treasures
- Master Fortune Hunter – Find all 60 treasures
- Relic Finder – Find the Strange Relic
- Brutal Brawler – Kill five enemies with a brutal combo
- Brutal Slugger – Kill 20 enemies with a brutal combo
- Brutal Expert – Kill five enemies in a row with a brutal combo
- Stealth Attacker – Kill 20 enemies melee-attacking from behind
- Steel Fist – Kill five enemies with a single punch, after softening them up with gunfire
- Steel Fist Expert – Kill five enemies in a row with a single punch, after softening them up with gunfire
- Headshot Expert – Kill five enemies in a row with headshots
- 10 Headshots – Kill 10 enemies with headshots
- 30 Headshots – Kill 30 enemies with headshots
- 100 Headshots – Kill 100 enemies with headshots
- Dyno-Might! – Kill three enemies with one explosion
- Expert Dyno-Might – Kill three enemies with one explosion five times
- Run-and-Gunner – Kill 20 enemies by shooting from the hip (without aiming with the L1 button)
- Hangman – Kill 10 enemies by aiming while hanging from a ledge
- Grenade Hangman – Kill 10 enemies with grenades by aiming while hanging from a ledge
- Survivor – Kill 50 enemies in a row without dying
- 50 Kills: PM - 9mm – Kill 50 enemies with the PM - 9mm
- 50 Kills: 92FS - 9mm – Kill 50 enemies with the 92FS - 9mm
- 50 Kills: Micro - 9mm – Kill 50 enemies with the Micro - 9mm
- 20 Kills: Wes - 44 – Kill 20 enemies with the Wes - 44
- 20 Kills: Desert - 5 – Kill 20 enemies with the Desert - 5
- 30 Kills: MP40 – Kill 30 enemies with the MP40
- 50 Kills: AK-47 – Kill 50 enemies with the AK-47
- 50 Kills: M4 – Kill 50 enemies with the M4
- 30 Kills: Dragon Sniper – Kill 30 enemies with the Dragon Sniper
- 50 Kills: Moss - 12 – Kill 50 enemies with the Moss - 12
- 50 Kills: SAS - 12 – Kill 50 enemies with the SAS - 12
- 30 Kills: M79 – Kill 30 enemies with the M79
- 20 Kills: Mk-NDI – Kill 20 enemies with Mk-NDI grenades
- Charted! - Easy – Finish the game in Easy Mode
- Charted! - Normal – Finish the game in Normal Mode
- Charted! - Hard – Finish the game in Hard Mode
- Charted! - Crushing – Finish the game in Crushing mode