View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 02:56 AM   #58
Power Member

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
What I don't get is that every game is rated anyway. So are kids walking in to shops in America and picking up adult rated games and stores are selling it to them?

At least over here if the games got an 18 rating you are shit out of luck if you want to buy it and you're not 18+ Of course then it comes down to parents, I see plenty of parents coming in to pick up GTA and CoD for their 11 year old kids. Would they go out and buy them an ultra violent 18 cert film? So why do they buy them 18 rated games?

Just leave it to the parent then it's their fault simples.
I know I haven’t been asked my ID in a long time. While I buy my games digitally I still buy disc games friends or family members for birthdays and Christmas and I’ve never been ask for my ID when I do or if I buy an R rated movie and everyone I know says I look like I’m 18 and I’m about to turn 28 this month. The only time I am asked for my ID is when I go to the movie theaters. And it’s odd to cause if my mom or older brothers are behind me in line and they buy a game like GTA or an R rated movie they immediately have to show ID and they thinks it’s crazy I was never asked for mine. And I every store around me has a sign says that their policy is to ask for ID if buying an R rated movie or an M rated game.