View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #9534
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 View Post
Finally did the B-Spec 1000 KM of Suzuka yesterday afternoon, though I had no idea it was gonna take 5 1/2 hours to do it with the X2010 I thought my old 60GB was going to explode before it was over. 400K+ Xp but only around 115K credits

BTW I hate that Sebring isn't really going to be televised this year. I've got the DVR set to record the whopping 1.5 hours that's going to be on TV but I'm going to miss sitting down and watching a lot of it on Speed.
Is it just me, or should Speed just change their name to "Buncha Nascar stuff"? I was shocked at how little coverage they had of the Daytona 24hrs, especially with it being out of season for Nascar. I think there was about 4, maybe 6 hours coverage (I could be wrong, but that's all I remember seeing). I don't expect full 24hrs, but I was hoping for at least 8 or 12.

I just wish there was a legit channel that aired a little big of everything - enduros, LM, DTM, F1, GP2, Nascar, etc. - instead of, essentially, the Barret Jackson Nascar channel. It's just repeats of Barrett Jackson auctions and Narcar races. They'll replay Nascar race from say Bristol 2009 four times before they replay anything else.

Actually, do they do any GP2 or DTM stuff? I think I've seen one of the latter in the past 4 or 5 months. I'm pretty sure last year they did show full 24hrs of LeMans, hopefully it is that way this year.

Edit: Also, I didn't consider them not having rights for stuff either. So if that's the case then I guess I understand, to an extent. It just feels like there is hardly any variety at all anymore.

Sorry for the rant.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12