View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #9535
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
Is it just me, or should Speed just change their name to "Buncha Nascar stuff"? I was shocked at how little coverage they had of the Daytona 24hrs, especially with it being out of season for Nascar. I think there was about 4, maybe 6 hours coverage (I could be wrong, but that's all I remember seeing). I don't expect full 24hrs, but I was hoping for at least 8 or 12.

I just wish there was a legit channel that aired a little big of everything - enduros, LM, DTM, F1, GP2, Nascar, etc. - instead of, essentially, the Barret Jackson Nascar channel. It's just repeats of Barrett Jackson auctions and Narcar races. They'll replay Nascar race from say Bristol 2009 four times before they replay anything else.

Actually, do they do any GP2 or DTM stuff? I think I've seen one of the latter in the past 4 or 5 months. I'm pretty sure last year they did show full 24hrs of LeMans, hopefully it is that way this year.

Edit: Also, I didn't consider them not having rights for stuff either. So if that's the case then I guess I understand, to an extent. It just feels like there is hardly any variety at all anymore.

Sorry for the rant.
Sadly, you are correct. The days of Speedvision, showing DTM, WTCC, SCCA, old Can-Am races, ect., are long gone since Fax Sports, er um, Fox bought them. Now it's either Nascar, reality crap, or reality Nascar crapola.

I actually watched the entire flag to flag stream of the Laguna Seca ALMS race on radio Le Mans, last year, and it was by far, much better than any coverage Speed did or could have done. So I'm hoping ESPN3.com does it like that... and that it works with the PS3 browser.
PSN= Jafo_