View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #320
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa85 View Post
Not having any luck with the Orei at all. First would lock up when powering down requiring it to be unplugged and plugged back in to use again. Second does the exact same thing.... but the power button on the player also won't turn it on and when powering it on with the remote the LCD display is corrupted for a bit before it turns on. Second one came with a HDMI cable and batteries..... didn't even know it was supposed to have those because the first one didn't have either. Hoping Amazon won't claim I didn't return everything in the package. Picture quality also seems lacking compared to my BDP-S360. Maybe some fiddling with the settings could help with that one but hard to adjust picture settings when you can't do it with the movie playing and all you can go by is an Orei logo. Only good thing I can say about it really is that it loads pretty fast when it is functioning. Sadly I didn't bother waiting before ordering some region locked discs and stuff or else I would be getting a refund. Amazon have one left in stock so going to hope third time is the charm with it
Amazon.ca had other people returning them with problems as well so they decided to give a refund instead. Which if it was the only option would have sucked but upon browsing the site found this....

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works perfectly, loads fast, PQ seems better (But again hard to say what the Orei was fully capable of in that regard since I found it hard to adjust without being able to adjust while the movie was playing) and changing the region is just a matter of pressing 1,2 or 3 on the remote while the player is off so no need to remember a code to change it or anything. They also included the region free firmware on a disc just in case an official firmware update interferes with it so that is nice. Oh and the remote is more responsive since I also noticed you had to push the buttons pretty hard at times with the Orei to get it to register. Plus if one wanted they could use the LG Apps and all that stuff too so it is more feature rich than the Orei. Costs more obviously but if anybody in Canada is looking for a region free player that is 50hz compatible this is a good buy IMO. Especially with Amazon.ca directly fulfilling the orders. Obviously there are Orei out there that work fine since Doby's seems fine and the positive reviews on Amazon seem to outnumber the negative reviews. So if looking for something cheaper it is still worth taking the chance on. Although I am wondering if the ones Amazon.ca are selling were not cracked by somebody else than the ones in the US which could explain the issues.
🎮 XBL: xHAYA8U5Ax 🎮 PSN: Hayabusa85 🎮 Wii U: Hayabusa85 🎮

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 03-12-2013 at 05:10 PM.