View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 07:25 AM   #10
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Yeah I only saw a little but I learned a lot and they talked about how it's past down from father to son and they hope to keep the tradition going and it was all about family as I saw a little with both the father and son teams.
Soon as the kids are big enough to stand they put em up in the boats and let em explore their daddy's catches of the day. The boys start going out hunting with em around 8 or 9 years old typically so by 30 the boys have 20 years worth of gator hunting under the belts. In case you where wondering why such a small caliber, they use .22's so they don't over penetrate and destroy the hide underneath cause that's how they make all their money. The gators are so armored on the top that there is only about a quarter sized spot on the back of the head that you can actually kill them by hitting, you miss it and all you do is crack the gator's skull and piss em off, lol. So you can probably tell why its takes em away to get that shot off. Though myself, I'd be using a .410 kill stick after that .22 to make sure the gator is in fact dead, and it won't over penetrate the hide neither.