View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 12:51 AM   #3197

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
First of all, how in the world did you know those were Polks??
Second of all, since my MLP is completely pushed against the back wall, and since I am not allowed to drill into walls/ceiling, placing the back surround speakers (Polks, yes lol) on isolation foam pads on top of each DVD shelf (shelves standing on each side of MLP) helped tremendously.
The two back surround speakers are facing up, turned slightly in clockwise, at a slight degree since the foam pads they are sitting on are designed with a tilt.
I feel that pointing those speakers upward-due to the nature of my room settings-creates a much neater and less 'chaotic' effect than if they stood upright facing front.
Well played Sir. It looks like you got very creative and made it work. Did you have an opportunity to calibrate afterwards?
Mitsubishi HC7000 projector, Panamorph UH480 anamorphic lens, Stewart Studiotek 120" 2.35:1 screen, Marantz AV8805, Sherbourn 7/2100 amp (x2) Adcom GFA 7400 (x3) Monster HTPS 7000, Adcom ACE 515, Oppo BDP203, AAD Silver Reference 7, Silver Reference 3C, Silver Reference 1 (x4), AAD M5-x(x14), M-5-t, AADM5-c, Seaton Submersive HP+/Slave combo, Def Tech Supercube II (x3), Dspeaker antimode 8033 sub eq system, Smart Devices CS-3x jr matrix decoders (3)