View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #13

Jul 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boob-Ray View Post
Just tried "Chatting" with Amazon about this. No dice. Email sent....

EDIT: Got tired of waiting and called. They gave me the credit, but I'll have to use it on my next order. That's fine, but quite strange. I guess you really gotta watch Amazon pre-orders now. Their systems are not communicating with each other. Always check your invoices!! This is the second time this has happened to me...and I haven't Pre-Ordered that much. Once? Fine...just a glitch. Twice? They got problems.

Not only that, but they don't have something like the nice Price History feature that's readily available here on Blu-ray.com, which allows you to see the historical pricing info on a particular title. I find that very odd. This title clearly dipped to 28.99 for a day. If I wasn't so OCD and impatient with my orders -- I would have never known! I may cancel all my Pre-Orders set for this September and just wait for good prices. I don't know...
I understand you, I have kind of the same feelings. Now I only pre-order stuff that has an agreeable price (something I don't mind paying) to begin with. The rest I wait. But I try to pre-order everything I can. I like to show my support for old movies. Waiting for sales you don't do that, and I want them to keep releasing titles.

A clueless Customer Service guy answered my mail rejecting my claim because the price is back to $37 again (I didn't know they couldn't check the price history and now at least it makes sense). But I got the refund anyway. I also got one of those "your saving" mails you get when they ship you some item you pre-ordered and later the price came down. At least somebody got it right (maybe it's because I tried to cancel while "shipping soon" and wrote the reason for it? I don't think so but I don't know).