Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 3 5.00%
Two Stars 11 18.33%
Three Stars 24 40.00%
Four Stars 18 30.00%
Five Stars 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #1

Aug 2007
Arrow Wrath of the Titans

Leterrier won't be directing but will return as Exec Producer. Worthington to return.

Quote:
Who said the franchise business was easy? Two big Warner Bros sequels are in the offing, and both of them are wrestling with major elements changes from the original moneymakers. Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures are moving ahead with a sequel to Clash of the Titans, which the studio would like as early as spring, 2012. But they will make the journey without Louis Leterrier, who will not return for an encore as director. Sam Worthington will return, as well as most every other character that survived. Greg Berlanti will write the story and the studio is already canvassing the agencies for a writer and director who can whip the movie into shape to shoot before Worthington makes Avatar 2. Leterrier will remain peripherally involved as executive producer. It isn't unheard of for the original director of a big hit film to drop off the sequel--Doug Liman on The Bourne Identity comes to mind--and insiders swear that the Leterrier move was harmonious and are saying he wasn't of a mind to rush into another installment of Greek mythological mayhem. The original has grossed around $390 million, on a $120 million budget with no real gross outlay. By the time it's done, Clash will be one of the year's biggest hits.
I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!

Last edited by Diesel; 08-20-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

He probably didn't want to return after how he was forced to re-edit nearly everything.
Mary Elizabeth Winsteads biggest fan!
Follow Mary on Twitter!
Alex of Venice: April 18th
Kill the Messenger: August 31rst
San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2014 Attendee
Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Wasn't a fan of 1, doubt I'll be a fan of 2
Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
He probably didn't want to return after how he was forced to re-edit nearly everything.
Yeah, he was giving his dream project and the studio went of and baztardized it.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
Expert Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenScar View Post
Leterrier won't be directing but will return as Exec Producer. Worthington to return.

The Movie Totally Sucked! I don't think I could make myself go see another one. I loved the original, and I loved both Terminator Salvationand Avatar but Sam Worthington in this was terrible too. Gave me the impression he wasn't a very good actor after all.
My System: Pioneer Elite Pro 111FD, Dish 722VIP DVR, PlayStation 3 (60GB), X-Box 360 Resident Evil 5 Elite Red, Onkyo Tx-nr709, Martin Logan Motion 12's, Oppo 983H, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Monster HDP 2500, Monster AVS 2000, Logitech Harmony One! It all Rocks!

My Blu-Ray wish list: Time Machine, Cyborg, the Sword and the Sorcerer, Dreamcatcher, Storm of the Century

Movies to see: I' Frankenstein, 47 Ronin
Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
The Movie Totally Sucked! I don't think I could make myself go see another one. I loved the original, and I loved both Terminator Salvationand Avatar but Sam Worthington in this was terrible too. Gave me the impression he wasn't a very good actor after all.
If you have nothing to work with, you can't turn air into gold.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

I dont like the idea of a second movie, it's over kill IMO. Perseus won, it's done with let's move on to other things
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady

http://letterboxd.com/pat_mtl/
Old 06-15-2010, 03:03 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Seattle Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by P@t_Mtl View Post
I dont like the idea of a second movie, it's over kill IMO. Perseus won, it's done with let's move on to other things
I'm not a classical mythology expert, but it is my understanding that the story was pretty much over with the destruction of the Kraken and rescue of Andromeda. Am I missing something?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Bob View Post
I'm not a classical mythology expert, but it is my understanding that the story was pretty much over with the destruction of the Kraken and rescue of Andromeda. Am I missing something?
There is a few more things to the story of Perseus in the Greek mythology plus in fact, they change the ending in this one since he does not married Andromeda. Still I don't see much of a reason for a sequel except that it just show the complete lack of imagination and work ethics in Hollywood these days. The movie was average at best. It lack the soul of the original, the actors were not that amazing even for that type of movie. That being said a second one is just lazy but that is Hollywood now, they have a new franchise and they will squeeze it dry for all it's worth instead of trying to come up with new original stories. I know many did enjoyed this new version, for me it was meh at best. I will be skipping the sequel.
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady

http://letterboxd.com/pat_mtl/
Old 06-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
Default Jonathan Liebesman is Warner Bros. Top Choice To Direct Clash of the Titans 2

Quote:
Who will direct the sequel to Clash of the Titans? (Yeah, that sequel we’re all desperate for, based on the value of the recent remake.) As ever, there is a list of names at Warner Bros., and the man at the top of the list is reportedly Jonathan Liebesman, who is currently working on Battle: Los Angeles.

The LA Times says that Liebesman is working already on a re-imagining of Odysseus and that he’s the top choice to replace Clash director Louis Leterrier, who has already said he won’t do the sequel. WB wants to move quickly, as Sam Worthington may soon be locked into Avatar 2 and they’ll want to have him locked down for the Clash follow-up.

Oh, and the film will be shot in 3D — natively shot in the format, not post-converted into a forehead-stretching funhouse distortion as was the case with the last film.

So here’s the thing: a big part of the reason that Clash of the Titans sucked is that there was a lot of mucking about with the story, probably right down to the wire. There’s always a lot of mucking about on a massive studio movie, but in the case of Clash we saw entire character arcs changed around, other characters nearly deleted altogether (most of the Olympians) and the whole structure of the movie altered from the earlier screenplay drafts that set the machine in motion in the first place.

If Legendary Pictures and WB execs can decide what they want from the sequel well enough ahead of time, whoever ends up directing might have a chance in hell of delivering a movie that is genuinely entertaining. There’s plenty of room in reworked Greek myth to make a fun film; the studio and producers just have to let it happen.

The idea may be to shoot the film early next year; hopefully a solid script can be put together in the next six months so there’ll be a solid foundation to build on. Am I betting that will happen? The January shoot, probably. The script? Not so much…
Source
Running ain't freedom

I think I'm gonna get some KFC and watch some Star Wars! - jbig31
Let's look death in the face and say, "Whatever, man" - Hugo Reyes
Old 06-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #11

Mar 2009
Montreal

I have to admit, as far as lite summer popcorn flicks go, I enjoyed the first movie. Didn't expect any Oscar performances, and wasn't disappointed when sure enough, there weren't any. The FX that were largely criticized, I didn't find to be unwatchable at all; most were pretty decent. As a fan of the genre that could use more titles, I welcome a sequal... not a lot of expectations, but am least hoping for a something similar in production.
"Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side"
Old 06-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

rather have them redo Jason and the Argonauts than this.
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #13

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
I have to admit, as far as lite summer popcorn flicks go, I enjoyed the first movie. Didn't expect any Oscar performances, and wasn't disappointed when sure enough, there weren't any. The FX that were largely criticized, I didn't find to be unwatchable at all; most were pretty decent. As a fan of the genre that could use more titles, I welcome a sequal... not a lot of expectations, but am least hoping for a something similar in production.
Uhh I thought it was pretty entertaining. The current COTT story could have used a narrator to fill in some blank spots and move the story more smoothly. I am a fan of the original and the story in that isn't much better although it unfolds better. The FX were GREAT and it looks GREAT on Blu. If Worthington does not return give the part to Andy Whitfield

Old 08-31-2010, 05:34 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

I haven't seen anything related to Battle: Los Angeles so I have no opinion regarding Jonathan Liebesman taking the helm. However, I really liked the Clash of the Titans remake and apparently Louis Leterrier is staying on as producer so I look forward to the sequel.

That said, I wish we'd get a BD release of Louis Leterrier's original cut of the movie. The deleted scenes showed the potential for a better movie.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:43 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

I enjoyed the remake and am certainly interested in a sequel. As far as accurately telling the story of Perseus from Greek mythology, even the original movie didn't do that.
Steve

WTB: PS3 case that holds 2 discs. If you have one you can part with please PM me.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Really like the name and can't wait to see it. Really hope we get to see more of Pegasus and a cool sky battle.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR

Great news. I loved the first one and Im sure this one wil be great as well. Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
Old 12-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
Banned

Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Great news. I loved the first one and Im sure this one wil be great as well. Got Em!!
Really CZAR... Really?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Pennsylvania

I enjoyed both films for what they were. I like the first one a little more than this one. People forget how awful but so much fun the original is. I own both on blu. I think this one will look sweet on blu. This is a film where you turn your brain off and have fun.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Rocky mountain Frontrange

I am so tired of seeing this comment in defense of movies that are poorly done....

" It's one of those movies were you just gotta turn your brain off!"

That damn comment is slightly grating.
If you are violent you are weak, for violence has no mind.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies