Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After you've seen it)
1 star 1 1.10%
2 stars 7 7.69%
3 stars 23 25.27%
4 stars 47 51.65%
5 stars 13 14.29%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Billings, MT
Default Underworld: Awakening Review Thread (Spoilers)

Underworld: Awakening

Quote:
Underworld: Awakening is an upcoming American 3D action-horror film set to be released on January 20, 2012. Underworld: Awakening is the second sequel in the Underworld series with Rise of the Lycans being the prequel to the first movie Underworld and Evolution being the first sequel. Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein are directing the film with a screenplay by Len Wiseman, John Hlavin, and Allison Burnett. Tom Rosenberg, Gary Lucchesi, Len Wiseman, and Richard Wright are producing the film with David Kern, David Coatsworth, Henry Winterstern, and Skip Williamson serving as executive producers. Kate Beckinsale will reprise her role as Selene from Underworld and Underworld: Evolution, while Michael Ealy and India Eisley, have been cast in roles new to the series. Filming began in March 2011 in Vancouver, British Columbia.

synopsis:

Kate Beckinsale, star of the first two films, returns in her lead role as the vampire warrioress Selene, who escapes imprisonment to find herself in a world where humans have discovered the existence of both Vampire and Lycan clans, and are conducting an all-out war to eradicate both immortal species.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld:_Awakening
Love me some Underworld!

Member formerly known as ed4246.

"That A$$ is a higher truth." - Adventureland.

Panasonic TH58PZ750 Plasma TV
Panasonic DMPBD30K BR Player
Integra DTR-7.8 reciever
Def Tech Bipolar BP7006, Procenter 2000, Supercube 3 with surround speakers

Last edited by Blu Titan; 08-19-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Updated op added: image, trailer and movie info.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

2011 is so "far away", hopefully Beckinsale will do other worthwhile movies until then.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 08-08-2009, 06:02 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Billings, MT

Less than a year and a half.
Member formerly known as ed4246.

"That A$$ is a higher truth." - Adventureland.

Panasonic TH58PZ750 Plasma TV
Panasonic DMPBD30K BR Player
Integra DTR-7.8 reciever
Def Tech Bipolar BP7006, Procenter 2000, Supercube 3 with surround speakers
Old 08-08-2009, 06:07 AM   #4
Expert Member

Feb 2008

i'm really not liking the whole 3D thing. only CGI movies should be in 3D. thats it.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #5
Banned

Jul 2008

I thought when they killed that one guy at the end of Underworld: Evolution that every Vampire turns to humans
Old 08-08-2009, 06:27 AM   #6
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rickey View Post
I thought when they killed that one guy at the end of Underworld: Evolution that every Vampire turns to humans
Why would every vampire become a human when they killed Marcus? All 3 of the elders are dead; Marcus, Viktor and Amelia. Not sure where the story will go from here, probably into some kind of segue.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rickey View Post
In the second movie they talked about that not being true. It was something Marcus told Viktor to protect himself. The idea was to keep Viktor from turning on him and trying to kill him.

And I'm also glad to see another movie coming. I love the Underworld series.
Steve
Old 08-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #8

Aug 2007

I still need to see the third.

Quote:
Some franchises never stop. Even after rounding off the trilogy with a prequel earlier this year, it’s not so surprising that the Underworld series is reportedly set to pop out another film during the current pop-culture vampire craze.

According to ShockTillYouDrop.com’s exclusive, Sony’s Screen Gems is planning to make a fourth installment in the Underworld franchise… and it’s going to be in 3D.

There are no details yet on who will star in the film or what the movie will be about but I’d expect we’d see at least some franchise familiars return. They’ve done a great job so far of tying the films together and bringing back characters big and small to tell each story. Could we get another Kate Beckinsale-Scott Speedman team-up or perhaps some more Michael Sheen prequel action? Maybe it’ll be neither.

What I’m afraid of is the fact that they’re doing this in 3D. That screams gimmick to me and I feel that’s the only reason they’re making it at this point. It could have little to do with the other installments and may bring back none of the main characters we know from the franchise.

I hope that’s not the case as I have my fun with the Underworld movies. I’m fine with seeing more as long as there’s some story to tell and we’re treated to some cool action. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans served its purpose as a prequel and played out exactly as expected, although it was nothing special.

Len Wiseman produced all three films so far and directed the first two, with Patrick Tatopoulos having directed this year’s prequel. Expect Wiseman to again produce.

Screen Rant will get back to you with more Underworld updates as soon as they come.

What do you think of another Underworld movie and where/when do you think it’ll take place? Who’d you like to see be in it?

This fourth Underworld movie is aiming for a January 2011 release.
I Like the Way You Move!

"This is the story of the GreenScar, The Eye Of Anger, The World Breaker, Harkanon, Haarg, Holku, HULK, and how he finally came home." May the Sakaarson show mercy on your soul!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Sacramento, CA
Default Beckinsale Another Underworld?

Quote:
February 2, 2010 - You would've thought that Kate Beckinsale's leather-clad vampire days were over, what with her jettisoning the Underworld franchise after part two was made and allowing her lookalike Rhona Mitra to squeeze into said leather in her stead. You would've thought.

But now Bloody Disgusting is saying that a tip they received last August -- that Ms. Beckinsale is returning to the franchise for the planned fourth film, dubbed Underworld 3D -- has been confirmed by Variety today. The thing is, there appears to be no such confirmation in the Variety story in question. Could it be that the trade paper's report hit a nerve with someone and they removed the line about Kate?

Anyway, BD says that not only is the actress attached to the film, but she also wants out of the job.

"Sources tell us she's trying to find a way out of the film -- or at least have a smaller role in order to 'pass the torch' to one of her kindred (yes, she has not one, but two daughters at this point)," the site reports. "With a plan to release the film in theaters on January 21, 2011, production needs to commence soon."

Additionally, the Variety story does indicate that Underworld 3D will be directed by Len Wiseman, hubbie to Kate and helmer of the first two films. We already knew that he was producing the film, but the directing info appears to be news as well… if any of this is true, that is, and quite frankly it all sounds a bit off right now.
I sure hope she returns for a full movie. As much as I liked Rise of The Lycans, Rhona Mitra is no Beckinsale. Also, Kate Backinsale in 3D?!?! I no longer care about plot, dialogue, or whatever.
Wolverine: I'm the best at what I do.
Deadpool: And now I'm better at doing whatever it is Wolverine does!

"In my youth I courted war." -Thor
Old 02-03-2010, 03:23 AM   #10
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem

Len Wiseman will make another Underworld movie, as long as Kate allows him to do so. Not sure I want another one, I want her to start doing more serious roles again so she can show off her acting chops.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:31 AM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Seattle, WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1980 View Post
Len Wiseman will make another Underworld movie, as long as Kate allows him to do so. Not sure I want another one, I want her to start doing more serious roles again so she can show off her acting chops.
I enjoy Kate's "Chops" as much a the next guy, but to see her in skin tight 3-D black leather? I'll take as much gratuitous eye candy that I can possibly stand.
JVC 1080p 70" TV, Onkyo 805 Receiver, Panny BD30 Blu-ray Player, Infinity Tower Speakers & Center Channel, Boston Acoustic Tower Surrounds, Definitive Audio "Reference Series" SuperCube 1800 Watt Subwoofer.

Hobbies: Theoretical Quantum Physics/Mechanics, String Theory Supportive Evidence, Particle Accelerator Dark Matter/Dark Energy Gravity Wave Confinements in linear Space/Time displacement fields, Sub-Atomic Particle Annihilation and Micro-Black Hole hyper gravity analysis.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #12

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

I 'd love to see her in another Underworld !!

Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........

Last edited by crazyBLUE; 02-03-2010 at 03:45 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Sacramento

You had me at Kate Beckinsale.
My Top 250 | Reviews | Last blu-ray watched: Frozen
Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007
Way Out West
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusarilius View Post
I enjoy Kate's "Chops" as much a the next guy, but to see her in skin tight 3-D black leather? I'll take as much gratuitous eye candy that I can possibly stand.
Was just thinkin', there may be something to this 3D stuff after all..
Old 02-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #15
Banned

Sep 2009
Bournemouth, Dorset, UK

Yeah bring on our British Kate for another Dolby six-track True bloody thirsty dynamic range assault, my Just Bloody Loud JBL are hungry for more.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:23 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
☣☣☣☣☣

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta88 View Post

I sure hope she returns for a full movie. As much as I liked Rise of The Lycans, Rhona Mitra is no Beckinsale. Also, Kate Backinsale in 3D?!?! I no longer care about plot, dialogue, or whatever.
+1000

Kate in 3D deserves an Oscar alone
- - - Breaking Bad - - -
Old 02-03-2010, 03:27 AM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1980 View Post
She is a fantastic actress but she mostly only does mediocre films for some reason
I want to see an Underworld with Kate Beckinsale and without Scott Speedman but I could be alone there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstasa51 View Post
+1000

Kate in 3D deserves an Oscar alone
Why not? I heard they're giving them away
Wolverine: I'm the best at what I do.
Deadpool: And now I'm better at doing whatever it is Wolverine does!

"In my youth I courted war." -Thor

Last edited by vegeta88; 02-03-2010 at 03:28 AM. Reason: "Shrug" is spelled with one "g"
Old 02-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #18

Nov 2009

Underworld 3D: This Time Under The Sheets
Old 02-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #19

Dec 2007
N.Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkingGhost View Post
Underworld 3D: This Time Under The Sheets
Underworld 4: The Hunt for the Vampire Killer BLADE
Pioneer pro-151,Panny VT60, Denon 2312,Klipsch RF83,RC64,RS62,F3,SVS PB2000, PS3(60GB),Wii,Wii U,Xbox360,Oppo83, PS4, XboxOne
One upgrade leads to another to another to another...
Old 02-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #20
Special Member

Apr 2008
Orlando, FL

I have the 3rd one on Blu-ray, but still have yet to watch.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies