Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Despicable Me 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tinker Bell (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Old 11-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #1

Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo
Default Sony HT-SF470

I just picked up Sony HT-SF470 and it sounds amazing! I initially bought this as a second system for my bedroom but I will be using it as my primary system in the family room now. The set looks nice also. Check it out:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666166151
Old 11-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #2

Aug 2010
Minnesota

Looks like a nice set. Congrats!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnalehu View Post
I just picked up Sony HT-SF470 and it sounds amazing! I initially bought this as a second system for my bedroom but I will be using it as my primary system in the family room now. The set looks nice also. Check it out:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666166151
Hey - are still loving your system? Does it play HD Audio?
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
Old 11-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #4
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Le Canada

I will pick this up soon, how's the sound besides Blu-Rays ?? like connected with other devices...
Old 11-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #5

Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo

Yes, I am still loving it. It is very easy to adjust the speakers via the auto cal. feature. Music, sports, and just regular tv sounds really nice as well. I ended up mounting the front and center speakers to the wall and not using the stands as they do take up a lot of floor space. I have really high ceilings in my condo but the system does an outstanding job of filling up the room. The system can deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. If you can still find one under $350 I would pick it up.

Edit: I forgot to mention it does have pass through 3D capability if you own a 3D set. It's very nice having one HDMI cable running into my TV instead of 4 also!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NYC

Quote:
Yes, I am still loving it. It is very easy to adjust the speakers via the auto cal. feature. Music, sports, and just regular tv sounds really nice as well. I ended up mounting the front and center speakers to the wall and not using the stands as they do take up a lot of floor space. I have really high ceilings in my condo but the system does an outstanding job of filling up the room. The system can deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. If you can still find one under $350 I would pick it up.

Edit: I forgot to mention it does have pass through 3D capability if you own a 3D set. It's very nice having one HDMI cable running into my TV instead of 4 also!
Many thanks for your reply. Did you get it for $350?? If so, where?

Also, are you using the rears as wireless?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:31 AM   #7

Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo

I actually got it for less than $350; $318 delivered. I am not using s-air wireless feature. I just added a bit of speaker wire to the one that came with it and ran it cleanly around the baseboard like a telephone wire.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 AM   #8

Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgrl View Post
Many thanks for your reply. Did you get it for $350?? If so, where?

Also, are you using the rears as wireless?
The prices seem to be going up as the holidays approach. This is the cheapest I could find it now:

http://www.thenerds.net/SONY.Sony_HT...m.HTSF470.html

I have ordered from them before. really fast delivery. if you order it tomorrow you will have it by
Wed, or Thursday.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NYC

Quote:
Hey Amnalehu -you mentioned the stands took up a lot of floor space, I can't seem to find the measurements of the stands as far as the base. Do you know? Or could you measure? Thanks.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #10

Nov 2007
Central Hoosierland

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgrl View Post
Hey Amnalehu -you mentioned the stands took up a lot of floor space, I can't seem to find the measurements of the stands as far as the base. Do you know? Or could you measure? Thanks.
Just received mine today. Looks like the diameter of the base stand is 12 inches at most.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #11

Jan 2009

Quote:

Which sound field are you using that allows it to deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD? The only gripe I have with this system is when I watch movies, voices are soft while the actions is really loud. I'm not sure how to get it to even out. Any tips would be appreciated!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 AM   #12

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon9 View Post
Which sound field are you using that allows it to deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD? The only gripe I have with this system is when I watch movies, voices are soft while the actions is really loud. I'm not sure how to get it to even out. Any tips would be appreciated!
Just adjust your db levels. Raise your center channel and lower the FL and FR. The sound field I have set to it I believe is the one that says movie. I have my center at +3.5 and the front left and right set slightly negative. I sit about 10 feet back.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > HTiB (all-in-one systems)