Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Despicable Me 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tinker Bell (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Old 11-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #1
Amnalehu Amnalehu is offline
Member
 
Amnalehu's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo
22
3
Default Sony HT-SF470

I just picked up Sony HT-SF470 and it sounds amazing! I initially bought this as a second system for my bedroom but I will be using it as my primary system in the family room now. The set looks nice also. Check it out:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666166151
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
ShoeBangity16 ShoeBangity16 is offline
Active Member
 
ShoeBangity16's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
Minnesota
260
9
Default

Looks like a nice set. Congrats!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
benzgrl benzgrl is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
benzgrl's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NYC
219
2
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnalehu View Post
I just picked up Sony HT-SF470 and it sounds amazing! I initially bought this as a second system for my bedroom but I will be using it as my primary system in the family room now. The set looks nice also. Check it out:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666166151
Hey - are still loving your system? Does it play HD Audio?
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #4
Blodiak Blodiak is offline
Expert Member
 
Blodiak's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Le Canada
1004
53
62
6
Default

I will pick this up soon, how's the sound besides Blu-Rays ?? like connected with other devices...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
Amnalehu Amnalehu is offline
Member
 
Amnalehu's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo
22
3
Default

Yes, I am still loving it. It is very easy to adjust the speakers via the auto cal. feature. Music, sports, and just regular tv sounds really nice as well. I ended up mounting the front and center speakers to the wall and not using the stands as they do take up a lot of floor space. I have really high ceilings in my condo but the system does an outstanding job of filling up the room. The system can deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. If you can still find one under $350 I would pick it up.

Edit: I forgot to mention it does have pass through 3D capability if you own a 3D set. It's very nice having one HDMI cable running into my TV instead of 4 also!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
benzgrl benzgrl is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
benzgrl's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NYC
219
2
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnalehu View Post
Yes, I am still loving it. It is very easy to adjust the speakers via the auto cal. feature. Music, sports, and just regular tv sounds really nice as well. I ended up mounting the front and center speakers to the wall and not using the stands as they do take up a lot of floor space. I have really high ceilings in my condo but the system does an outstanding job of filling up the room. The system can deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. If you can still find one under $350 I would pick it up.

Edit: I forgot to mention it does have pass through 3D capability if you own a 3D set. It's very nice having one HDMI cable running into my TV instead of 4 also!
Many thanks for your reply. Did you get it for $350?? If so, where?

Also, are you using the rears as wireless?
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:31 AM   #7
Amnalehu Amnalehu is offline
Member
 
Amnalehu's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo
22
3
Default

I actually got it for less than $350; $318 delivered. I am not using s-air wireless feature. I just added a bit of speaker wire to the one that came with it and ran it cleanly around the baseboard like a telephone wire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 AM   #8
Amnalehu Amnalehu is offline
Member
 
Amnalehu's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
St. Louis, Mo
22
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgrl View Post
Many thanks for your reply. Did you get it for $350?? If so, where?

Also, are you using the rears as wireless?
The prices seem to be going up as the holidays approach. This is the cheapest I could find it now:

http://www.thenerds.net/SONY.Sony_HT...m.HTSF470.html

I have ordered from them before. really fast delivery. if you order it tomorrow you will have it by
Wed, or Thursday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
benzgrl benzgrl is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
benzgrl's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NYC
219
2
96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnalehu View Post
Yes, I am still loving it. It is very easy to adjust the speakers via the auto cal. feature. Music, sports, and just regular tv sounds really nice as well. I ended up mounting the front and center speakers to the wall and not using the stands as they do take up a lot of floor space. I have really high ceilings in my condo but the system does an outstanding job of filling up the room. The system can deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. If you can still find one under $350 I would pick it up.
Hey Amnalehu -you mentioned the stands took up a lot of floor space, I can't seem to find the measurements of the stands as far as the base. Do you know? Or could you measure? Thanks.
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #10
indianajdp indianajdp is offline
Member
 
Nov 2007
Central Hoosierland
74
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgrl View Post
Hey Amnalehu -you mentioned the stands took up a lot of floor space, I can't seem to find the measurements of the stands as far as the base. Do you know? Or could you measure? Thanks.
Just received mine today. Looks like the diameter of the base stand is 12 inches at most.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
daemon9 daemon9 is offline
New Member
 
Jan 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnalehu View Post
Yes, I am still loving it. It is very easy to adjust the speakers via the auto cal. feature. Music, sports, and just regular tv sounds really nice as well. I ended up mounting the front and center speakers to the wall and not using the stands as they do take up a lot of floor space. I have really high ceilings in my condo but the system does an outstanding job of filling up the room. The system can deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. If you can still find one under $350 I would pick it up.

Edit: I forgot to mention it does have pass through 3D capability if you own a 3D set. It's very nice having one HDMI cable running into my TV instead of 4 also!

Which sound field are you using that allows it to deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD? The only gripe I have with this system is when I watch movies, voices are soft while the actions is really loud. I'm not sure how to get it to even out. Any tips would be appreciated!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 AM   #12
kimbonaterX kimbonaterX is offline
Member
 
kimbonaterX's Avatar
 
May 2011
119
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon9 View Post
Which sound field are you using that allows it to deliver DTS-HD and Dolby True HD? The only gripe I have with this system is when I watch movies, voices are soft while the actions is really loud. I'm not sure how to get it to even out. Any tips would be appreciated!
Just adjust your db levels. Raise your center channel and lower the FL and FR. The sound field I have set to it I believe is the one that says movie. I have my center at +3.5 and the front left and right set slightly negative. I sit about 10 feet back.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > HTiB (all-in-one systems)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:01 PM.