Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Madden NFL 18 (PS4)
$39.82
Call of Duty (PS4)
$19.88
The Evil Within 2 (PS4)
$33.68
WWE 2K18 (PS4)
$39.99
Everybody's Golf (PS4)
$19.96
Akiba's Beat (PS4)
$19.08
South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4)
$42.28
Wolfenstein II (PS4)
$59.99
Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind (PS4)
$57.97
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 (PS4)
$16.48
Prey 2 (PS4)
$24.92
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (PS4)
$25.24
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation

Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008
Boston, MA PSN: KingBing

PS1- Metal Gear Solid

PS2: God of War

PS3:Tough choice, but at the end of the day The Last Of Us is still the single best experience in gaming I have ever had
Thanks given by:
kdubby (12-13-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

PS1: Definitely the first time I played Resident Evil. I immediately knew it was a game changer!

PS2: Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec.

PS3: Uncharted
"Live in your hopes, not in your fears."
Old 04-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #23
Banned

Jan 2013

Cool thread, mate.

So many favourite playstation moments. I've always been a playstation fanboy ever since my mum brought me a PS1 in the late 90's. Was absolutely thrilled with it and have exhausted each generation of Playstations as they've come.

PS1 incarnation: The defining moment for me on that beautiful console had to have probably been the entire ending of Metal Gear Solid. From the moment you enter the hanger where Metal Gear REX's is held to the climatic car chase with Liquid. That was probably the first time where I felt proud to be a gamer. It was a very immersive experience and featured some of the most innovative stuff I have ever seen in a video game before. The Best Is Yet To Come playing over the credits was the icing on a delicious cake. Runner up is the mutated crocodile sequence in Resident Evil 2 (the best resi yet). It's a homage to the ending of Jaws 2. Oh, and Jin Kazama's awesome stage music on the brilliant Tekken 3, which, for my money, is still one of the best beat em ups in the world.

PS2 incarnation: GTA III's freedom. Cathartic violence is so sexy. This game was a revelation. I had played the original 2D version and felt that even the concept was fun, it's graphics was a big limiting factor, especially when compared to engine pushing Metal Gear Solid. But to have a fully realised large 3D world where you can rob, kill, steal and **** people was very new to me. I never got to complete the game but I had a lot of fun blowing shit up and stomping on people. The godfather of open world games. Runner up: Being able to turn back time in game in Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time. THIS was THE defining platform game on the PS2, period. I haven't played the PS3 versions, but I heard that they are nowhere near as good as this excellent reinvention of a PC classic. Wouldn't mind a remake of that on new gens either.

PS3 incarnation: The entire opening gameplay portion of The Last Of Us is astounding on almost every level. Genius idea to let us start off as a vulnerable girl. I got goosebumps playing that bit. This is tied with most of the heist missions from GTA 5, another juggernaut of a game. I remember the first jewel heist being very intense and climaxing with an ride through the tunnels. Just ultra fun stuff.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #24

May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
I don't like how this part of the forum is just completely empty, so to fill up the space, here's a general thread about your best Playstation moment through all 3 (or 4 depending on when you're reading this) consoles. Was it Psycho Mantis telling you about your love of Castlevania? Fighting those sheep dressed as a scarecrow in Spyro the Dragon? Driving through the sun tinted landscape of Vice City? Taking down a huge colossus? Fighting off lackies with Nathan Drake or being the ultimate badass...Parappa the Rappa?
yes you are right....
Old 05-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #25
Special Member

Jan 2008
Texas, USA

Easy. Best Playstation moment (or any moment of any kind - ever) - Final Fantasy VII

Seeing those first TV commercials of Sephiroth walking thru fire I knew I wanted the game without seeing or knowing anything else about it. Then seeing it was a Final Fantasy game just reminded me of watching my brother play the original on the NES when it first came out all those years ago. Got the PlayStation and FFVII for Christmas the first year it was out and stayed up for several days after playing it with little to no sleep. Even remember having to ask my mother to go back to the store after I found out you needed a memory card to save your progress as I was so used to saving directly to the cartridges from NES, SNES & Sega Genesis.

Enjoyed the game so much I've purchased it four times on top of the original one given to me. Greatest Hits, Win98, PSN & Steam.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
The Sewer

PS1: Seeing FMV on a home console for the first time for me. Playing Gran Turismo for the first time and being in awe about the detail. Falling asleep playing Star Ocean: The Second Story

PS2: I don't have a moment because I got a PS2 for Christmas and for some reason I was in a giving mood so I sent it to my cousin in Korea who wanted one.

PS3: Hands down the game that totally captured my imagination was Red Dead Redemption. I know it's not an exclusive but it's without a doubt my favorite game of last generation. It inspired me to start watching westerns.

PS4: I haven't really had a moment. I'm using it right now basically as my Amazon Video Player...but I remember the day of the launch at Best Buy one guy was playing it and slowly one by one the men in the store left their wives and girlfriends and observed behind the guy's shoulder as if it was a new lawnmower. We were all different people but we all had a common bond....kind of like the Jägermeister commercial.

Last edited by AeroK; 05-21-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #27

Jun 2014
Denmark Sly Cooper rules!

Probably watching those tiny cartoons in Sly Cooper.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #28

Mar 2012

whole afternoons playing Tony Hawks Pro Skater and Crash Bandicoot!! *-*
Thanks given by:
theprestige85 (09-09-2014)
Old 10-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Harlem

PS1: Metal Gear Solid. I didn't even know it existed. My uncle told me about it driving me home from football practice. We stopped at a Toys R Us & he bought it for me. First thing I noticed was how big the case was (didn't think it had 2 discs) I was blown away almost immediately. I played that game for years.

PS2: San Andres: So many memorable moments but that one I immediately thought of was when CJ broke into the military base & got the jet pack. I had the fat PS2 (which I affectionately called Tank) All I did for two days was fly around & all of a sudden Tank stopped working. I told my best friend about my misfortune & 3 days later he showed up at my door with Slim PS2. His birthday was two days after I told him & he got a lump sum of money from an accident he was in as a child so he bought it for me.

PS3: Uncharted 2: By far my favorite game. I've played better games but none were more fun. U3 had it moments but my God, U2 is a classic. As a matter of fact, the day after I plat'd U2, my OG PS3 got the YLoD (Dec 24th) My wife & sister went out & got me a slim PS3 that day. Think the last time I played it was back in June. Love that game.

PS4: None yet, but my wife got it for me on my birthday. When I come home, the first thing I usually do is go in the fridge & get a drink of water. I go in the fridge & the PS4 was on the bottom shelf. I was confused so I acted like I didn't go in the fridge so I walked out the kitchen thinking that the kids thought that would be a good place to hide it & my wife just went along. I walk back out, sit on the couch & my daughter says, "daddy, can you make me a cup of water?" Right then I knew I was supposed to see it so I go back in the kitchen & act like it was my 1st time seeing it.
Yearly Spending
2017 | 2016 | 2015

Stuff I'm Tryin' to Sell
Blus | UV codes | PS3/4 Games

I Play Nice With Others
PSN: JD_from_da_80s

Last edited by jd_from_da_80s; 10-20-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #30

Apr 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Cool

PS 1:
Metal Gear Solid / Tekken 3

PS2:
GTA 3

PS3:
Fallout 3 / Borderlands

PS4:
No wow games so far...
LG 42LK450U 42" LCD | Sony BDPS370 | PS3 60GB > 500GB
You don't know me, so let me explain this to you once:
If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Harlem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerTong View Post
PS 1:
Metal Gear Solid / Tekken 3

PS2:
GTA 3

PS3:
Fallout 3 / Borderlands

PS4:
No wow games so far...
I tried getting into Borderlands, just can't, & I have both. Loved Fallout 3 though. Still didn't finish it though
Yearly Spending
2017 | 2016 | 2015

Stuff I'm Tryin' to Sell
Blus | UV codes | PS3/4 Games

I Play Nice With Others
PSN: JD_from_da_80s

Last edited by jd_from_da_80s; 12-05-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #32
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Ps1:
I personally never owned a ps1, but I had a backwards compatible PS2. Re2 and the FF games were my biggest favorites for sure!

Ps2:

Oh goodness. Seeing the Final fantasy X commercial on tv, my mom and I went out and bought the game on that day. Waited in line at SAMs club to get it! Star Wars Battlefront was a huge deal too.

PS3:
So many for this console! I picked up uncharted 1 three days early from a target that released it early. I got uncharted 2 at midnight, and had it beat on hard that same day. Did that with UC3 as well! Resident evil 5's midnight launch was fun. Played it all night and went to school in the morning! Beating Dark souls was such an accomplishment.
"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"
-Rick Sanchez
"You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now."
-Alejandro
Old 12-12-2014, 05:15 AM   #33

Dec 2014

When Psycho Mantis read your mind
Old 12-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #34

Oct 2012
Louisiana

Falling in love with Dark Souls.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
The Greatest Playstation Moment?
When I finally got Destiny yesterday and haven't been able to play it because PSN is still down.
[Show spoiler]
"But that's exactly my point! Because you have to Wonder, now how did the machines know what Tasty Wheat tasted like? Maybe they got it wrong. Maybe what I think Tasty Wheat tasted like actually tasted like, uhh, oatmeal, or uhh, tuna fish? That makes you wonder about a lot of things, like you take chicken for example, maybe they couldn't figure out what to make chicken taste like, which is why chicken tastes like everything!"

PSN: coldenergy Destiny-free for: var day=60*60*24;
GO PACKERS
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation