Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari $11.76 (99% claimed)
Now: Black Sabbath (AIP Cut) $10.73 (26% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.69
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.79
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.04
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
WRC 4 - FIA World Rally Championship (PS3)
$14.99
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.27
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 09-26-2013, 04:54 AM   #6101
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
I've only played UC3 so I thought the story was pretty good!
Disgraceful! Get the first 2 already and play them. The 3rd is so much better when you already know the characters from the first 2 games.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 09-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #6102
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Southampton, England
Send a message via MSN to The Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Disgraceful! Get the first 2 already and play them. The 3rd is so much better when you already know the characters from the first 2 games.
The odd thing is, I've never finished the first game. Perhaps I should play it
PS4 PSN ID: Evangelion_60

"Nothing can stop the Apocalypse!"

LG 32" HDTV Tritton Katana HD 7.1 Headset
Old 09-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #6103
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
The odd thing is, I've never finished the first game. Perhaps I should play it
The heresy! It runeth rampant!

HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

Old 11-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #6104
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

I think the map packs are available now for free because of the anniversary if anyone wants to download them.

I'm trying to get the multiplayer trophies if anyone wants to join me. I have one player so far.

Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you would deny it to the entire world. And we will not be denied.
GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 11-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #6105
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3-Playb3yond View Post
I think the map packs are available now for free because of the anniversary if anyone wants to download them.

I'm trying to get the multiplayer trophies if anyone wants to join me. I have one player so far.
I'm not seeing anything free... maybe because I went to PS Store on my computer ,... Guess I'll try going on my PS3.
Blu Rays are Forever
Old 11-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #6106
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Maps
  • All DLC maps are now available to download for free! Go to the in-game store and download the Flashback Map Pack 1, 2, and Drake’s Deception Map Pack.
  • Dry Docks makes its triumphant debut and is available in all competitive playlists and custom games!

Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you would deny it to the entire world. And we will not be denied.
GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 11-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #6107
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
I'm not seeing anything free... maybe because I went to PS Store on my computer ,... Guess I'll try going on my PS3.
Ya. This happened like a month ago. Nothing needed for the DLC content. Just load the game and the update patch will take care of it for you.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #6108
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Ya. This happened like a month ago. Nothing needed for the DLC content. Just load the game and the update patch will take care of it for you.
Got all the map packs which leaves the remaining two priced at $5.99. Not a bad deal, I almost bought the bundle for $29.99 not too long ago.

Petra, are you done with the multiplayer trophies already?

GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 11-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #6109
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Got all the map packs which leaves the remaining two priced at $5.99. Not a bad deal, I almost bought the bundle for $29.99 not too long ago.

Petra, are you done with the multiplayer trophies already?
Ya. Got the MP trophies quite a while ago. I'm willing to help out though if you get a group together and just need 1 more person.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #6110
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Ya. Got the MP trophies quite a while ago. I'm willing to help out though if you get a group together and just need 1 more person.
Oh, ok. That's alright, I can probably find someone who hasn't gotten them yet. No need to go through all that again. Thanks for offering though!

GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 11-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #6111
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Los Angeles, CA

I'm reminded just once again how this game makes NO flippin' sense online. The pulldowns and grenade proximities are absurd. I get pulled down when I'm not even close to the edge where the guy is hanging from. And then the grenade blast kills me from what seems like 15 feet away. And let's not forget about the guns. They went from awesome, accurate guns and aiming,to the complete opposite. Why Naughty Dog changed what wasn't broken is beyond me. They took a perfect online formula and ruined it. How I'm a level 65 with what seems like just a fraction of time spent online is funny to me. It took me forever to grind out getting a level 60 on Uncharted 2. U3 is so broken and yet still so popular it makes me sad. I've been playing U2 online a lot the last 7 months or so and it still is fantastic, albeit with not many people online. But it's still the superior game. I just hope ND has listened to their fan base and switch back to the mechanics and physics of U2 and step away from the absurdly stupid broken ways of U3. Don't get me wrong, I love this franchise, but I really hope they get things right on U4. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I can't tell you how pissed off I got playing online just now. This was my first time playing U3 online in what seems like almost a year. It's still as frustrating and broken as what I remembered. I seriously hate playing U3 online. It's an absolute joke. I'll stick to the better game from here on out, Uncharted 2.
Dodgers, Packers, Lakers, and F1 fan.

PSN: Dodger_Blue311
Old 11-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #6112
Power Member

Dec 2009
Central Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsocal View Post
I'm reminded just once again how this game makes NO flippin' sense online. The pulldowns and grenade proximities are absurd. I get pulled down when I'm not even close to the edge where the guy is hanging from. And then the grenade blast kills me from what seems like 15 feet away. And let's not forget about the guns. They went from awesome, accurate guns and aiming,to the complete opposite. Why Naughty Dog changed what wasn't broken is beyond me. They took a perfect online formula and ruined it. How I'm a level 65 with what seems like just a fraction of time spent online is funny to me. It took me forever to grind out getting a level 60 on Uncharted 2. U3 is so broken and yet still so popular it makes me sad. I've been playing U2 online a lot the last 7 months or so and it still is fantastic, albeit with not many people online. But it's still the superior game. I just hope ND has listened to their fan base and switch back to the mechanics and physics of U2 and step away from the absurdly stupid broken ways of U3. Don't get me wrong, I love this franchise, but I really hope they get things right on U4. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I can't tell you how pissed off I got playing online just now. This was my first time playing U3 online in what seems like almost a year. It's still as frustrating and broken as what I remembered. I seriously hate playing U3 online. It's an absolute joke. I'll stick to the better game from here on out, Uncharted 2.
You certainly aren't alone per the above. Took the words out of my own mouth. Firing up U2 as we speak to play a few Co-op Arena games. Won't be revisiting U3 sad to say and it's been about a year for me as well. Here's to hoping that Naughty Dog can deliver a worthy successor to U2 and leave behind the mess they made with U3. Posted something similar to the below in another thread which is now closed just to pour gas on the fire. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishParadise
I enjoyed UC2 much more so than UC3 for a number of reasons. I much preferred the overall player mechanics of UC2 as far as the control and feel when moving your player about in the game, including when aiming and shooting. UC3 introduced some new things as far as what your player can do, but the overall feel with UC2 was much better in my opinion as compared to UC3 which to me felt cumbersome and weighed down in comparison.

As for the game modes, I enjoyed the UC2 single player campaign much more. I thought it was better put together and much longer in a good way as compared to UC3's single player campaign which felt shorter and rushed to some degree. I also preferred the MP of UC2 far more. For starters they dropped the adversarial game mode, Elimination which is pretty much all my friends and I played with UC2. We were all really looking forward to playing this game mode with UC3 and were totally dumbfounded when the game was released without it only offering game modes with respawns. Was 6 months or so before "Elimination" was re-introduced by way of a game patch.

I had another group of friends that I played co-op with all the time, our favorite game mode being "Co-op Arena". UC3 as with so many other things had to go and screw up something that wasn't broke. With UC3 all three game modes (Survival/Gold Rush/Siege) were combined within a given match which totally destroyed the game dynamic for us. (See here for a detailed description of these game modes as offered by UC2 and UC3.). So instead of being able to play one game mode taking on waves of enemies per round with increasing difficulty, the match objective for at least one team member to still be alive through the end of round 10, no respawns possible during a given round, instead with UC3 every round of the match was a different game mode selected at random, that with the addition of team respawns during rounds made "Co-Op Arena" pointless to play removing any sense of increased difficulty per round and breaking down the team cohesion that is naturally built in the process when sticking to just one game mode through all 10 rounds as is the case with UC2. Very disappointing to say the least, but I guess dumbing down gameplay is what sells these days.

Would like to point out as well that with UC2 the MP enemies one would face, each type of enemy which sported different strengths and weaknesses looked quite unique, one type of enemy in appearance even from a distance clearly differentiating itself from the look of the other enemy characters. I really liked that about UC2. The lines in this regard were quite blurred with UC3 in comparison. That being said, please don't get me wrong. I very much enjoyed UC3 and would recommend it. I simply found UC2 much more to my liking. I also purchased my first PS3 just so that I could play UC1 and UC2. After careful consideration I'd certainly purchase my first PS4 if UC4 was offered in 1080p and so long as it built upon many of the strengths I found more so with UC1 and UC2 than UC3.

Last edited by AmishParadise; 11-27-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:51 PM   #6113
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2010
USA

Holy crap. I picked up U3 again for the first time in a couple years just to see if I could still play, and everyone in co-op arena wants to play crushing.

It was brutal at first, but eventually I just figured I'd be the guy who stays alive and revives people since I'm never gonna get 100 kills. Plus my boosters aren't as good as everyone else's.

Actually, I tried to play U2 first, but that multiplayer is completely dead. Everyone I was paired up with seemed to have a crappy connection, their character never moved and a few minutes later the game ends.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:36 PM   #6114
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Ha ha! This thread was completely dead, until you revived it!

(see what I did there?)

DarkDune
PSN IDs: DarkDuneMRK, GloZorCoMeTh, DeadXEye_Drake, and Snake69Eye_Drake<-- U2 Stats!
Last Watched Blu/DVD: Boyka: Undisputed 4 <-- DAMN! IT LOOKS AWESOME ON BLU!
Last Played PS4 Title: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy <-- OMFG! AMAZING I TELL YOU!
Our Latest "New" Blus: Boyka: Undisputed 4
Most Wanted PS4 Games: Star Wars Battlefront 2, and The Last of Us 2
Most Deeply Desired Upcoming Blus: Mad Max Anthology
Old 08-31-2015, 01:14 AM   #6115
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2010
USA

Someone quit in the middle of a game so the other person kicked me out. I didn't even know you could do that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
awesomesauce, uncharted 3