Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Fastball $12.56 (6 hours left)
Soon: The Taking of Pelham One Two T… ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$27.99
John Wick 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.00
Kiki's Delivery Service (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Supernatural: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Deadpool 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 05-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #3821
Banned

Mar 2011
Monks Corner, S.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBFFOB View Post
Hopefully PP will hook you up! Keep us posted.

Sure will man!! I just checked my claim, no response from them yet and I am not surprised. They will probably just ignore it and let PP refund me, 150 is no skin off their back. Once I get that back, I will get a used velodyne off of eBay or Craigslist.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #3822
Banned

Mar 2011
Monks Corner, S.C

So here's an update. They have not even responded to both my claims. I have a claim on eBay and a claim on PP. Even with me emailing and calling them I have gotten to response out of them at all. The eBay claim will esalate to customer support on the 28th while the PP claim will escalate to customer support on the 31st. I have a sad feeling that they will not respond by then.

It also seems they stopped selling subwoofers on their sites lol.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #3823

Apr 2013
Rochester,NY

I just checked E bay,and there seems to be a few AA subs on sale there. That sucks that they won't respond,but you will probably get your money back.
HT-50"Samsung LED,Samsung Blu-Ray player,Onkyo TX-NR414,Harmon Kardon CD player,Def Tech speakers,BP8B's up front,Procenter 2000,SM350's pulling up the rear.Sub's-2 Pioneer SW8's,2-Supercube 2000's.

2 Channel-Promitheus TVC Preamp,(2) Monarchy Audio sm-70 mkII power amps,Nola Boxer 2's, Onkyo C-7030 Pro-Ject Debut Carbon TT,Pure i20 iPhone doc.,HSU VTF2-MKIII
Old 06-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #3824
Banned

Mar 2011
Monks Corner, S.C

Official update. Their customer service never responded to PayPal so the payment was overturned and the claim was closed in my favor. As for the sub, I will probably donate it to goodwill.

As for my second claim against them for the "300" watt RMS subwoofer I purchased from them off of eBay, to no surprise they never responded to my claim their either. eBay closed the claim in my favor, sent me a pre-paid shipping label and I sent the subwoofer back to them.

As I check their website and their eBay site, there are no more subwoofers listed. Don't know what in the hell happened but I wish I purchased when everything was still good with this company.

As for my next subwoofer step, probably dual SVS subs off their website.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #3825

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon22 View Post
As I check their website and their eBay site, there are no more subwoofers listed. Don't know what in the hell happened but I wish I purchased when everything was still good with this company.
Perhaps your luck was better than you realize. Given their spotty past history maybe not getting anything from them worked in your favor.
- Jim
Old 06-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #3826
Banned

Mar 2011
Monks Corner, S.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJman View Post
Perhaps your luck was better than you realize. Given their spotty past history maybe not getting anything from them worked in your favor.

Yea man, that 15" I got from fleaBay was not close to 300 rms, my old polks were 300 rms and they used to hit. This thing bottomed out and sounded horrible during Transformers and every other movie it was used for. I am glad I sent it back but at the same time, I only paid 50 for it lmao.

As for the 10", the money should be back on the card by Tuesday at the latest. I decided to put it up on craigslist for ultra cheap and just use that money to buy a Criterion or two.

Can't be mad though, this is what I get for trying to cheap out when it came to the rest of my system lol. Oh well
Old 06-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #3827

Apr 2013
Rochester,NY

I'm glad to hear everything worked out in your favor!!
HT-50"Samsung LED,Samsung Blu-Ray player,Onkyo TX-NR414,Harmon Kardon CD player,Def Tech speakers,BP8B's up front,Procenter 2000,SM350's pulling up the rear.Sub's-2 Pioneer SW8's,2-Supercube 2000's.

2 Channel-Promitheus TVC Preamp,(2) Monarchy Audio sm-70 mkII power amps,Nola Boxer 2's, Onkyo C-7030 Pro-Ject Debut Carbon TT,Pure i20 iPhone doc.,HSU VTF2-MKIII
Old 06-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #3828
Banned

Mar 2011
Monks Corner, S.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBFFOB View Post
I'm glad to hear everything worked out in your favor!!
Thanks man, many people hate on PP but they do the buyer justice in these types of situations. I am just glad these people don't sell subs anymore so they won't rip anyone else off.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:57 AM   #3829

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Well, this is interesting... The Deep Discount doesn't appear to sell AA subs any longer -- and sadly you can't contact AA themselves and ask why -- yet it seems Only Factory Direct does have some. Not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things, but for anyone who wants to press their luck and try an AA sub you might have a resource for them now. OFD is a good company to deal with; I've worked with them in the past and have no complaints.
- Jim
Old 09-29-2013, 04:27 AM   #3830

Sep 2013
Default Ebay HD-12 cherry on the way.

i emailed seller.
onlyfactorydirect
asked a few questions. Reply was
yes, we have sent all the Acoustic Audio products for independent testing and all the specs are correct. so far, the defect rate in less than 2%
Old 12-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #3831

Dec 2013
Default Buzzing Sound using RCA adapter

I just purchased an HD Sub10. I have a Yamaha receiver with a single sub output (rca). I did cable that to the red input on the sub, but the bass seemed kind of low and had to turn my receiver volume way up to hear even a little bit.

It's not marked on the sub which side would be the LFE input so I hooked up the cables that came with it and now it's just a horrible buzz, not listenable at all.

What am I doing wrong here or did I just waste my money?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:39 AM   #3832

Jun 2012

Just ordered an HD-SUB12. I ordered it to a US address and I'm in Canada, so it'll probably be a week or so before I have it, but I'll post up my opinion once I have a chance to get it home and play with it. It'll be hooked up to an Onkyo TS-SR607 alongside 2x Axiom Audio M80s, 2x Axiom QS8s, and an Axiom VP150.

I've been able to get quite a rumble out of the M80s when watching movies, so I'm hoping an actual sub (albeit a cheap one) will help fill out the lows, take some of the stress off of them, and add to the overall experience.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:05 AM   #3833

Jun 2012

Got it today. Ran it through the setup for my receiver and at first I was thinking "Oh no! I can barely hear it. I got a dud", but I finished the setup anyway and then played a movie that has some very low bass at the start. Not bad. Then I downloaded a bass tester that starts at 5Hz (obviously can't hear that low) and goes to 100. I guess it worked well because it is on a carpeted concrete floor and my girlfriend who is upstairs said it shook her butt and she thought the house was going to take off. Can't wait to try it out when the kids are awake and I can be louder.

So far, I can think of worse ways to spend $200.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:10 AM   #3834
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Somewhere Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott64 View Post
Got it today. Ran it through the setup for my receiver and at first I was thinking "Oh no! I can barely hear it. I got a dud", but I finished the setup anyway and then played a movie that has some very low bass at the start. Not bad. Then I downloaded a bass tester that starts at 5Hz (obviously can't hear that low) and goes to 100. I guess it worked well because it is on a carpeted concrete floor and my girlfriend who is upstairs said it shook her butt and she thought the house was going to take off. Can't wait to try it out when the kids are awake and I can be louder.

Congrats on the new sub!
~ HT HYBRID ~
ACOUSTAT~ADCOM~EOSONE~HARMAN/KARDON~OPPO~PEACHTREE~SAMSUNG~SVS
~ VINTAGE HYBRID ~
AR/KLIPSCH~MASSIVE/CROWN~PARASOUND~PEACHTREE~PIONEER~YAQIN

~ BEDROOM HYBRID ~
CROWN~PARASOUND~PIONEER~POLK AUDIO~SAMSUNG~SVS~VMPS
Old 01-25-2014, 08:41 PM   #3835

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott64 View Post

don't forget to experiment a bit with placement as that can make a significant difference in how the sub performs. Also, each time you try a new spot you should readjust the phase and gain settings too.

Tom V.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:40 AM   #3836

May 2014
Aurora, IL

This is my first post.
I read the whole damn thing.
I guess... I should buy a sub.
Audio: LG BH9430PW 9.1 (modified)
4 Tallboy Surrounds + Center 5
LG's HTIB Sub + SuperCube III .2
LG's "3D Sound" Height Speakers in Tallboys .4
2 Buttkicker 1's (on Couch)
1 Advance Wireless Buttkicker (on Loveseat)
Video: LG 55LM4600-US (3D)+ DarbeeVision DVP-5000+ AmbiVision+ Harmony Ultimate+ Alexa
Old 10-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #3837

Mar 2014
Kentucky
Default CS PS8 Sub

Hi,
I just purchased the following sub:
Acoustic Audio Cinema CS-PS8-B 300W 8" Powered Black Subwoofer Home Theater Sub

I was wondering if any one has any feedback on the Cinema Series 8 inch sub?
I had the choice of buying the RSW or this CS series and went with the little more expensive one.
I was just curious if any one had any information on this particular model.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #3838

Mar 2014
Kentucky
Default Cs 8

I just wanted to update the thread. I just purchased the CS8 Subwoofer from onlydirect off ebay.
I am very happy with the sub. Arrived quickly and no damage. Sounds great.
I have it combined with a bose acoustimass 7 and two Bose 161 rears.
I am very happy with the purchase for 98.88.
Thanks for the advice years later than when this thread started!
Old 02-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #3839
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

I have been very pleased with the HD12 sub. Why has this brand disappeared from the market? Where is Big Daddy when you need him the most?
Old 02-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #3840

Sep 2011
New Joisey

I think some of it might be related to AA's past history. At one point they had a batch of bad amplifiers, but instead of supporting those owners properly they hung them out to dry and basically disavowed their responsibilities. That left the company with a black eye. There was a time when they didn't even have a website, exacerbating their shady appearance even further. Given the spotty history and the fact they're generic subwoofers that several other companies sell - doing nothing more than switching nameplates - and you're unlikely to have much of a customer base.

Big Daddy stopped posting here a few years ago so I'm not certain you'll hear back from him
- Jim
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers