Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Madden NFL 10 (PS3)
$9.54
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
$13.93
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$7.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$13.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$11.66
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
$19.99
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 12-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
Contributor

Jun 2007
California
Default Yakuza 5 Finally Gets Localized

Quote:
Sega and Sony announced at PlayStation Experience on Saturday that they will release the PlayStation 3 game Yakuza 5 in North America. Yakuza 4 and Yakuza: Dead Souls are available on PLAYSTATION Network starting today.

A press release from Sega says Yakuza 5 will be a digital release on PlayStation Network in the West.

Sega America began streaming an announcement trailer.

Sega describes the game:

Yakuza 5 continues the epic story of Kazuma Kiryu alongside four other protagonists, following their struggles and conflicts in the seedy underbelly of Japan's Yakuza underworld. Featuring a new graphics engine versus its predecessor, Yakuza 5 takes players to five major Japanese cities to venture through a life of crime and power.

The game also features mini-games and side stories that focus on the different protagonists.

Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) shipped in Japan in 2012.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...america/.81853

Last edited by MOONPHASE; 12-07-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

I have been waiting forever for this game to get localized! I can't wait to play it though it is a shame that it's Digital only but at this point, I don't care. Give me, Yakuza 5 right now!
PSN: l-Richie-Kun-l / NNID: Richie-Kun (7395-4703-5312)
Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NSW)
Currently Waiting for: Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4)
Old 12-14-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Sweet! This is awesome news!
"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"
-Rick Sanchez
"You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now."
-Alejandro
Old 12-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2014

While ill still be getting it, its a shame itll be digital only. Im still hoping for a physical release.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:40 PM   #5

Apr 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

I've yet to play any of the games. Are they mostly action type games or sort of a role playing deal?
Old 12-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekka View Post
I've yet to play any of the games. Are they mostly action type games or sort of a role playing deal?
Mostly action with lots of side missions, side-stories and some fun stuff to do like chat up with Hostesses or play some mini-game(there's also the main story scenes). It's sort of like a beat 'em up type of game but not as a platformer type. So meaning you can basically explore some actual Japanese areas that are pretty much just like how those cities look in Japan(with some minor changes to avoid some copyright issues).
Old 11-01-2015, 12:42 PM   #7
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Sega livestreamed a 90-minute presentation on Monday featuring Localization Producer Sam Mullen and PR Representative John Hardin playing the English version of the Yakuza 5 PlayStation 3 game. The video previews the game world, the combat system, and other aspects of Yakuza 5's gameplay.

Sega describes the game:

Yakuza 5 continues the epic story of Kazuma Kiryu alongside four other protagonists, following their struggles and conflicts in the seedy underbelly of Japan's Yakuza underworld. Featuring a new graphics engine versus its predecessor, Yakuza 5 takes players to five major Japanese cities to venture through a life of crime and power.

Yakuza 5 originally shipped in Japan for the PlayStation 3 in December 2012. Sega will release the game in the West digitally this fall. The release will include all the DLC released for the Japanese version of the game. The DLC includes "Another Drama," which are extensive sub-plots that focus on each of the game's five protagonists.

Sega briefly listed the game for release in the United States in mid-November earlier this month, but later updated its original blog post to remove any specific mention of a release date.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-video/.94675
Old 04-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Finished it last night. Looking forward to Yakuza 5 on the PS4 but hopefully not in 2020.
Qui Jyn Ben Han Luke
Old 04-28-2016, 04:33 AM   #9
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunemoon View Post
Finished it last night. Looking forward to Yakuza 5 on the PS4 but hopefully not in 2020.
Do you mean Yakuza 0? Well Sega has said that the PS4 version will come out in Early 2017, but we just have to see. Of course PS3 gets shafted once again for people outside of Japan.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #10

Oct 2014

Question for people who played Yakazu 4. I loved Y3 because I liked playing as Kazuma Kiryu... however, with 4, you seem to play another guy for the majority of the first part... I got tired of playing him... do you ever switch to Kazuma ? Thats why I stopped Y4.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
america, japan, kazuma, sega, yakuza 5