New: Black Friday Deals Week has started! Check out the Blu-ray Deals page » ×

Best PS3 Game Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$12.85
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$20.02
Sacred 3 (PS3)
$13.80
Rogue Warrior (PS3)
$30.56
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3)
$6.31
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3)
$15.75
Madden NFL 09 (PS3)
$30.53
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- (PS3)
$31.35
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)
$16.03
Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3 Senior Year (PS3)
$6.19
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (PS3)
$21.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 01:57 AM   #1
BluManta BluManta is offline
Banned
 
BluManta's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
LONDON, FELTHAM PSN ID: LDUK
Talking Stupid Friend..

Yes, my friends ps3 broke.

He came round mine explaining that his PS3 just died for no reason.
I asked him if he used any buggerd games, dvds, or blu-ray. He said no. I asked him if he dropped it etc. No, no no.

So I went round his to have a look. He had put black duct tape over the air vents. All of them.

I said 'why have you put duct tape over the vents?'

He replys with this:

'I am really cautious about my ps3. I really look after it. I don't want dust getting inside it so I covered up the holes to stop dust from getting in.'


I was in tears.

LATEST:
My friend has got a phone call from some Sony branch. Apparently he will be getting a new PS3. They explained that the system had overheated (Duh?) and that he should take care of where he puts his ps3. They suggested a well ventilated area LMAO! Anyway, they said the system should have shut down automatically but it didn't. And the reason they are giving him a new one is because they don't have any refurbished systems in there branch LMAO!! Guess they havent experienced a broken PS3 b4 lol.

Wow, as so many people are reading this. you should check out www.youtube.com/lduk

Last edited by BluManta; 07-04-2007 at 12:30 PM.
 
Old 07-03-2007, 02:00 AM   #2
burton10787 burton10787 is offline
Member
 
Jun 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluManta View Post
Yes, my friends ps3 broke.

He came round mine explaining that his PS3 just died for no reason.
I asked him if he used any buggerd games, dvds, or blu-ray. He said no. I asked him if he dropped it etc. No, no no.

So I went round his to have a look. He had put black duct tape over the air vents. All of them.

I said 'why have you put duct tape over the vents?'

He replys with this:

'I am really cautious about my ps3. I really look after it. I don't want dust getting inside it so I covered up the holes to stop dust from getting in.'


I was in tears.

HAHAHAHAHAH
 
Old 07-03-2007, 02:00 AM   #3
Blu-Style Blu-Style is offline
Special Member
 
Blu-Style's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Германия
Default

R u serious ?
 
Old 07-03-2007, 02:01 AM   #4
BluRay2344 BluRay2344 is offline
Expert Member
 
BluRay2344's Avatar
 
Jul 2006
West Hartford, CT
336
28
9
Default

i would have knocked the kid right DOWN!!!
 
Old 07-03-2007, 02:07 AM   #5
BluManta BluManta is offline
Banned
 
BluManta's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
LONDON, FELTHAM PSN ID: LDUK
Default

Its true I sware! I was laghing so much!!!
Anyway, he sent it back and should be getting a new one.
 
Old 07-03-2007, 02:10 AM   #6
ProvenFlipper ProvenFlipper is offline
Special Member
 
Jun 2006
11
278
1
Default

Wow. That's all I have to say right now.
 
Old 07-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #7
BluRay2344 BluRay2344 is offline
Expert Member
 
BluRay2344's Avatar
 
Jul 2006
West Hartford, CT
336
28
9
Default

did he let it cool down before he sent it back, cause thats why it wont turn on is it overheated, so i would have let it sit for a minute and then tried to turn it back on, Damn duck tape over every hole you say OMFG what a jerk!
 
Old 07-03-2007, 02:20 AM   #8
BluManta BluManta is offline
Banned
 
BluManta's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
LONDON, FELTHAM PSN ID: LDUK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRay2344 View Post
did he let it cool down before he sent it back, cause thats why it wont turn on is it overheated, so i would have let it sit for a minute and then tried to turn it back on, Damn duck tape over every hole you say OMFG what a jerk!
You think I didn't know that its because of overheating LMAO.
Yeah, I removed all the tape an let it sit for a day. I went back and it was just dead. Nothing more then a work of art. I told him to just send it back and say it just didn't work. When sony find a melted cell im not sure what to say. Or just say it never worked lol.
 
Old 07-03-2007, 02:23 AM   #9
Guinness7 Guinness7 is offline
Power Member
 
Guinness7's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
NJ
259
59
Default

The heat that thing puts out i would not be suprised if some of the things warped a little.
 
Old 07-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #10
Brade Brade is offline
New Member
 
Brade's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Exclamation

WTF
 
Old 07-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #11
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default What?!!

What the hell happened to all those replies that people posted to this article.

BY THE WAY, KILL HIM!!!! j/k, but get him for it 1st chance u can
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
 
Old 07-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #12
movies3 movies3 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
movies3's Avatar
 
Jul 2006
KY
5
56
Default

wasnt this already posted and talked about...??
PS3 ID: ashliz
G.A.P. Memeber
Girl Gamer
46'' XBR3 Sony LCD

http://pfcdn.net/site/trophy_widget/psn/movies3.png
PS3 Trophies
 
Old 07-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #13
Marwin Marwin is offline
Developer
 
May 2003
10
5
Default

One of the mods accidently removed the thread, we're working on restoring it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
 
Old 07-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
BluManta BluManta is offline
Banned
 
BluManta's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
LONDON, FELTHAM PSN ID: LDUK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwin View Post
One of the mods accidently removed the thread, we're working on restoring it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
LMAO! You wolly! Well, not you. But, anyhoo. Thanx for puttin it back up m8.
 
Old 07-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #15
bigmf bigmf is offline
Active Member
 
bigmf's Avatar
 
Dec 2006
Over here
Default

This gives me a good idea. I don't like getting dust up my nose and in my mouth - it makes me sneeze.

*thump*
 
Old 07-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #16
Y3k Bug Y3k Bug is offline
Senior Member
 
Y3k Bug's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Arizona
666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluManta View Post
Yes, my friends ps3 broke.

'I am really cautious about my ps3. I really look after it. I don't want dust getting inside it so I covered up the holes to stop dust from getting in.'
I think I pee'd a little from laughing so hard.
52" Samsung LN-T5265 and a PS4.

See my collection


<insert pithy comment here>
 
Old 07-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #17
BluManta BluManta is offline
Banned
 
BluManta's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
LONDON, FELTHAM PSN ID: LDUK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmf View Post
This gives me a good idea. I don't like getting dust up my nose and in my mouth - it makes me sneeze.

*thump*
LMAO!!! CLASSIC!!! Its true, its like stopping the ps3 from breathing lol.

Heres a subject change, look at what happened when I went to go in this forum. I sware this hasnt been edited and I will show the picture soon:

Blu-ray Games (3005 Viewing)
Discuss Blu-ray for video games and video game consoles (PS3).
 
Old 07-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
duckonquack duckonquack is offline
New Member
 
Jul 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluManta View Post
LMAO!!! CLASSIC!!! Its true, its like stopping the ps3 from breathing lol.

Heres a subject change, look at what happened when I went to go in this forum. I sware this hasnt been edited and I will show the picture soon:

Blu-ray Games (3005 Viewing)
Discuss Blu-ray for video games and video game consoles (PS3).
Yes, that is what happens when you make Digg's front page
 
Old 07-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #19
yojayyyy yojayyyy is offline
New Member
 
Jul 2007
Default Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

That is unbelievable. How can you have such a massive misunderstanding of technology. Did he plug his car exhaust because it makes things smokey? Wait, is he old enough to drive?

I never wondered why the PS3 didn't come with duct tape. He should have contemplated that.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot indeed.
 
Old 07-03-2007, 05:16 PM   #20
Marwin Marwin is offline
Developer
 
May 2003
10
5
Default

It's because the post has been linked from digg.com and it's #1 on their Top 10
http://digg.com/playstation_3/Guys_P...is_explanation
 
Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Favorite Friend? Movie Polls JamesKurtovich 37 02-20-2009 09:30 PM
Friend looking for a 32".. Display Theory and Discussion garlad 10 04-14-2008 10:57 PM
Got in an Argument with a Friend Home Theater General Discussion Rumar 4U 8 09-14-2007 02:23 PM
A note from an old friend General Chat zombie 32 07-02-2007 06:09 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 PM.