Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Black Sabbath (AIP Cut) $10.73 (29% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Annabelle: Creation (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Blade Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 08-28-2016, 10:27 AM   #61

Aug 2016

Hi

I have a Yamaha A1020 which I currently use as a 3.1 setup for movies ( had to remove my surround speakers for nwo because of a new sofa. But they will come back soon hanging on the wall).
I have a small room and I have sofa against the wall. Anyway my question here is:
Since my room is very problematic for setup home cinema. I have my TV right in front of the sofa obviously. But my 2 big front speakers (XTZ 95.44) are very wide from the TV close to the walls of the room. There is no more space to their left to put presence speakers. And then under my TV obviously I have the center.

So for me what is missing that I want for movies is to lift the dialog from the center under the TV to a bit more up like probably where the front speakers should have been if I had space. So that leaves my setup looking like this:

Center under the TV, a 55 inch TV, then like 2 front presence slightly above the TV to the sides of it. and then say 5 feet away from the front presence speakers have my front speakers L and R.

How would this work only for lifting dialog above the center speaker in movies and no other use?
I would try if I have a set of speakers but I really dont. Im very new to this world of home cinema stuff as PC and computers is my main thing

Thanks for any advice/input!
Old 08-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #62

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamzz View Post
Hi

I have a Yamaha A1020 which I currently use as a 3.1 setup for movies ( had to remove my surround speakers for nwo because of a new sofa. But they will come back soon hanging on the wall).
I have a small room and I have sofa against the wall. Anyway my question here is:
Since my room is very problematic for setup home cinema. I have my TV right in front of the sofa obviously. But my 2 big front speakers (XTZ 95.44) are very wide from the TV close to the walls of the room. There is no more space to their left to put presence speakers. And then under my TV obviously I have the center.

So for me what is missing that I want for movies is to lift the dialog from the center under the TV to a bit more up like probably where the front speakers should have been if I had space. So that leaves my setup looking like this:

Center under the TV, a 55 inch TV, then like 2 front presence slightly above the TV to the sides of it. and then say 5 feet away from the front presence speakers have my front speakers L and R.

How would this work only for lifting dialog above the center speaker in movies and no other use?
I would try if I have a set of speakers but I really dont. Im very new to this world of home cinema stuff as PC and computers is my main thing

Are you using the Dialog Lift in the DSP settings? It works perfectly in my system.
Infinity Comp Prelude P-FR, Infinity Comp Overture 1 - center & front hght, 2 Infinity QPS-1 side, Infinty P-QPS rear hght, Infinity fps-1000 rear, Infinity Outrigger Jr. overheads, 2 AE AV15 Power Cube subwoofers, SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2 DCM Subs (rear), Denon AVR-X4300H (front hght and Prepro), Yamaha MX-830 (rear hght), B&K 200.7 Reference Amp, Behringer NU4-6000 (subs),miniDSP 2X4, BD HTPC, Tube DAC, NAS 20tb , Da-lite 16:9 106", Vivitek hk2288 4k proj, TCL Roku 4K TV.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:55 PM   #63

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
Are you using the Dialog Lift in the DSP settings? It works perfectly in my system.
Hi!

Thanks for the answer! However Im not sure you read my post.
Id really appreciate any advice and opinion on the subject!

Last edited by Jamzz; 08-30-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:58 PM   #64

Dec 2007

Quote:

Are you saying you want your presence speaker to the inside of your left and right? I'm not quite understanding you. Also - the part that I've bold and underlined...that's what the Dialog Lift DSP does. You can set a scene for movies and set a different scene (that doesn't use Diaglog Lift) for everything else.

Can you give me a visual of what you are trying to accomplish? That might help.
Infinity Comp Prelude P-FR, Infinity Comp Overture 1 - center & front hght, 2 Infinity QPS-1 side, Infinty P-QPS rear hght, Infinity fps-1000 rear, Infinity Outrigger Jr. overheads, 2 AE AV15 Power Cube subwoofers, SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2 DCM Subs (rear), Denon AVR-X4300H (front hght and Prepro), Yamaha MX-830 (rear hght), B&K 200.7 Reference Amp, Behringer NU4-6000 (subs),miniDSP 2X4, BD HTPC, Tube DAC, NAS 20tb , Da-lite 16:9 106", Vivitek hk2288 4k proj, TCL Roku 4K TV.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:29 PM   #65

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
Are you saying you want your presence speaker to the inside of your left and right? I'm not quite understanding you. Also - the part that I've bold and underlined...that's what the Dialog Lift DSP does. You can set a scene for movies and set a different scene (that doesn't use Diaglog Lift) for everything else.

Can you give me a visual of what you are trying to accomplish? That might help.

Hi m8

The answer to the bold is yes! I want it inside left and right. But still above the them like half a meter.
I simply dont have the space to put them to the sides of the fronts as one of the fronts is almost completly in one corner of the room (and cant be moved).

How do you think that would work? I mean like a lot inside of the left and the rights. Like if TV is in centre I want the 2 front presence like 50cm from the TV to the sides and then the front left and right will be another 1.5m from them to the sides..

Tommorow Im gonna buy Radius HD45 small satellite speakers to try it. I got them very cheap and I have no other speakers to try with.. I just hope they will play well with my XTZ 95 system and work without being on the outside of the fronts as yamaha recommends.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #66

Dec 2007

Quote:
Hi m8

The answer to the bold is yes! I want it inside left and right. But still above the them like half a meter.
I simply dont have the space to put them to the sides of the fronts as one of the fronts is almost completly in one corner of the room (and cant be moved).

How do you think that would work? I mean like a lot inside of the left and the rights. Like if TV is in centre I want the 2 front presence like 50cm from the TV to the sides and then the front left and right will be another 1.5m from them to the sides..

Tommorow Im gonna buy Radius HD45 small satellite speakers to try it. I got them very cheap and I have no other speakers to try with.. I just hope they will play well with my XTZ 95 system and work without being on the outside of the fronts as yamaha recommends.
I know that Yamaha has been pretty staunch on having the presence speakers on the outside since the DSP-1. It's the way they use the DSP. You can try it, but I'm with Yamaha on this one.

On another note - the XTZ 95 system is very well reviewed!!! Kudos on your speaker choice.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (09-01-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers