Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.79
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.49
Aegis Of Earth: Protonovus Assault (PS3)
$18.98
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
$17.54
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 06-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #21
Expert Member

Jan 2010

That's surprising! I had to double check that the 2 games I thought of were even being released on the last gen systems. I guess you can always count on the Wwe and skylanders games as well.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #22
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

A lot of recent Japanese games have PS3 versions available, but when coming to America and Europe they say oh let's just localize the PS4 version or PS4 and Vita and just ignore PS3. Sometimes the PS3 and Vita versions become download-only outside of Japan. All of these examples piss me off. Sure the PS3 market isn't as big, but doing these kind of things don't help it either. It only helps if your Japanese or have the money to import.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:16 PM   #23
Expert Member

Jan 2016

If only gaming consoles were like Blu ray players and had backward compatibility. With all the PS3 games going for dirt cheap prices that would make gaming all the more fun, not to mention the nostalgic factor.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #24

Aug 2012
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight17 View Post
If only gaming consoles were like Blu ray players and had backward compatibility. With all the PS3 games going for dirt cheap prices that would make gaming all the more fun, not to mention the nostalgic factor.
That was an awesome part of and why I adored what, PS2? So if my PS3 dies now, I have to hit the secondary market for a new one? Damn...
Old 05-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #25
Expert Member

Mar 2016

Good thing I bought an extra PS3 got it put up as a back up.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:34 AM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

I'm still playing with my PS3 and Xbox 360 and I'm having a blast! Between the 2 consoles, I've finished 15 games in about a year and a half.
I bought a lot of used games for under $5 at GameStop and I'm not done yet.
😱😍💜❤🙈🙊👍
😘😍😘😍😘😍😘😍
Old 05-08-2017, 09:36 PM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2010
USA

Do people see PS3s being sold brand new anywhere anymore? My brother's console bricked finally (he had an original phat) but this was recent so I missed out on all the 12GB consoles being clearanced out at Target. I found one PS3 bundle on Kohl's website, but holy crap, it looks like it's the same price as when it originally came out.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:17 PM   #28
Special Member

Sep 2011
Illinois

My "fat" 80gb PS3 plays PS2 and even PS1 games. Ironically, I almost never play games on it- I prefer my computer for gaming. I only have the PS3 game it came with (Metal Gear something) and a couple more given to me as gifts.

I bought it as my first blu-ray player and it now serves primarily as a streaming device for the music on my computer and for the few occasions when I stream something on Amazon Prime video.

My first edition Xbox 360 still works, too. It has some arcade classics installed on it that are seldom played now, a spattering of game discs that are no longer played at all, and it has that HD-DVD drive attached for playing the 5 HD-DVD discs that I still own.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:27 PM   #29
Expert Member

Sep 2013
Jersey City, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
My "fat" 80gb PS3 plays PS2 and even PS1 games. Ironically, I almost never play games on it- I prefer my computer for gaming. I only have the PS3 game it came with (Metal Gear something) and a couple more given to me as gifts.

I bought it as my first blu-ray player and it now serves primarily as a streaming device for the music on my computer and for the few occasions when I stream something on Amazon Prime video.

My first edition Xbox 360 still works, too. It has some arcade classics installed on it that are seldom played now, a spattering of game discs that are no longer played at all, and it has that HD-DVD drive attached for playing the 5 HD-DVD discs that I still own.
That was my first BD player too. It came with Metal Gear Solid 4 and is notable to be the last PS3 model that was backwards compatible. For whatever reason, it only lasted me a couple years as it started to get the Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) repeatedly, so switched to a PS3 Slim and that's still my default BD player in the living room. Fatty is still sitting on top of the closet of my brother's room.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #30
Special Member

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by megafan2000 View Post
That was my first BD player too. It came with Metal Gear Solid 4 and is notable to be the last PS3 model that was backwards compatible. For whatever reason, it only lasted me a couple years as it started to get the Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) repeatedly, so switched to a PS3 Slim and that's still my default BD player in the living room. Fatty is still sitting on top of the closet of my brother's room.
What a shame! I am sorry your machine bricked on you. I assume it is not repairable then?
Old 05-12-2017, 11:03 PM   #31
Expert Member

Sep 2013
Jersey City, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
What a shame! I am sorry your machine bricked on you. I assume it is not repairable then?
I'm sure it can still be "fixed" temporarily like I did each time it happened all those years ago. I think fixing YLOD is just a band aid though. If you get it, your PS3 is just on borrowed time. Getting a new one was just more economical.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:11 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by megafan2000 View Post
I had the Blu-ray drive in mine replaced, it's probably not an unfix-able issue.
Listen, do you smell something?
Old 05-14-2017, 04:56 AM   #33
Special Member

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Most of the multi platform games are not coming for PS3 anymore, I haven't seen one system for sale in retail for a while (probably last year ?) so this is it pretty much. Only question now is for how long Sony will keep going with PS3's online store and games support.
TVs: Mitsubishi WD65C9 + 3DC-1000 Kit, Mitsubishi WD82738
HT: Onkyo HT-S9400 THX 7.1
Bluray/DVD: Sony BDP-S6500(Multi region), Oppo DV-980H
Gaming: PS3 60GB 1st Gen., PS4 Launch Edition, PSVR Bundle, PS4 Pro
Streaming: ChromeCast, Roku 2 XS
Old 05-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #34

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
Most of the multi platform games are not coming for PS3 anymore, I haven't seen one system for sale in retail for a while (probably last year ?) so this is it pretty much. Only question now is for how long Sony will keep going with PS3's online store and games support.
Almost all of the new movies put on the store in the last 2 weeks are streaming only for the PS3. You used to be able to download on PS3. And you can still download the older ones. It's a licensing thing. But I'd definitely say they're winding down support.
Thanks given by:
BLMN (05-17-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3