Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.90
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Boss Baby 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
NFL Super Bowl 52 Champions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Post (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 Things I Hate About You (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Warcraft (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Passion of Joan of Arc (Blu-ray)
$19.80
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 03-12-2015, 05:20 AM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Boulevard of Broken Dreams

In 1995, Strand Releasing reissued the great cult film WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR (1965) to art house theaters. I certainly wish that they would release a Blu-ray (or even a DVD) of the uncut theatrical version of the film. The film has never been released on commercial US home video (not even on VHS). The British PAL DVD is definitely missing footage.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:36 PM   #22

May 2010

Girlhood Review
Old 07-23-2015, 10:01 PM   #23
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

As requested, the first post is updated

Pro-B
Old 08-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #24
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The Cut Blu-ray PRE-ORDER

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17446

Quote:
Independent U.S. distributors Strand Releasing have revealed that they are planning to bring to Blu-ray acclaimed German director Fatih Akin's (Head-On) new film The Cut (2014), starring Tahar Rahim, Simon Abkarian, Makram Khoury, Hindi Zahra, and Kevork Malikyan. The release will be available for purchase on January 19, 2016.

Synopsis: The Cut is Fatih Akin's epic drama about one man's journey through the Ottoman Empire after surviving the 1915 Armenian genocide. Deported from his home in Mardin, Nazareth (Tahar Rahim, A Prophet) moves onwards as a forced laborer. When he learns that his twin daughters may still be alive, his hope is revived and he travels to America, via Cuba, to find them. His search takes him from the Mesopotamian deserts and Havana to the barren and desolate prairies of North Dakota. On this odyssey, he encounters a range of very different people: angelic and kind-hearted characters, but also the devil incarnate.

Fatih Akin on the cinematic and literary inspirations for The Cut (2014): "Elia Kazan's America America (1963), certain aesthetics of the cinematography, as well as shooting the film in English and naturally the long voyage of the young man through the impoverished towns and villages on the way to Constantinople. I had Westerns in my mind to inspire me, The Searchers (1956) by John Ford, and also Homer's The Odyssey certainly was a reference for me: The journey of the hero who tries to return to his family."

Special Features:

Fatih Akin's Environmental Documentary Polluting Paradise (2012, 98 Minutes)
Original Theatrical Trailer
Other Strand Releasing Trailers
And MORE to be announced...
Pro-B
Old 08-24-2015, 11:18 PM   #25
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

To the Strand crew:

It would be great if we could get a Blu-ray release of Head-On. Depeche Mode I don't know who controls the rights to The Edge of Heaven at the moment, but this is another excellent Fatih film that would be great to have in high-definition.

Pro-B
Thanks given by:
Donimo (02-27-2016)
Old 10-13-2015, 03:36 PM   #26

Nov 2008
Worcester, MA, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
I can't say I'm familiar with the studio or any of the titles unfortunately.
you should change that b/c they're one of the best indie distributors in the US, along with Cinema Guild, Zeitgeist, Music Box. They tend to release more "challenging"/unconventional fare than the aforementioned but are still one of the most prolific on the scene.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #27
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

From Variety:

Quote:
L.A.-based distributor Strand Releasing has acquired all U.S. rights to Greek up-and-comer Athina Rachel Tsangari’s critically-acclaimed “Chevalier,” a satirical comedy which world premiered at the Locarno Film Festival.
Pro-B
Old 02-26-2016, 12:39 AM   #28
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Edge of Seventeen Blu-ray REVIEW

Thanks given by:
Tommy0807 (04-08-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 12:43 AM   #29
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Cemetery of Splendour Blu-ray PRE-ORDER

NEWS
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=18553

Quote:
Strand Releasing will bring to Blu-ray acclaimed director Apichatpong Weerasethakul's (Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives) new film Cemetery of Splendour (2015), starring Jenjira Pongpas, Banlop Lomnoi, and Jarinpattra Rueangram. The release will be available for purchase on June 14.

Last year, Cemetery of Splendour won Best Film Award at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards.

Synopsis: Soldiers with a mysterious sleeping sickness are transferred to a temporary clinic in a former school. The memory-filled space becomes a revelatory world for housewife and volunteer Jenjira, as she watches over Itt, a handsome soldier with no family visitors. Jen befriends young medium Keng who uses her psychic powers to help loved ones communicate with the comatose men. Doctors explore ways, including colored light therapy, to ease the mens' troubled dreams. Jen discovers Itt's cryptic notebook of strange writings and blueprint sketches. There may be a connection between the soldiers' enigmatic syndrome and the mythic ancient site that lies beneath the clinic. Magic, healing, romance and dreams are all part of Jen's tender path to a deeper awareness of herself and the world around her.

Special Features:

Mekong Hotel (dir. Apichatpong Weerasethakul, 61 min) - Shifting between fact and fiction in a hotel situated along the Mekong River, a film-maker rehearses a movie expressing the bonds between a vampiric mother and daughter.
And More...
Pro-B
Thanks given by:
ghornett (03-03-2016), SpiderBaby (02-26-2016)
Old 03-03-2016, 09:16 AM   #30

Aug 2014
Orlando

I can't wait to see Cemetery of Splendour. I really hope it gets a theatrical release near me before June.

We need more Apichatpong on bluray.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:58 AM   #31

May 2014

Does anybody know what happened with the release of The Cut?
Old 04-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #32

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghornett View Post
I can't wait to see Cemetery of Splendour. I really hope it gets a theatrical release near me before June.

We need more Apichatpong on bluray.
I'm dying to see Tropical Malady on BR.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #33

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fait View Post
Does anybody know what happened with the release of The Cut?
It was cancelled. But there's a BR from Germany that has the original English language track that it was originally filmed in. It was later dubbed into Armenian after the film festival circuit in Europe.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:44 PM   #34

May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffef View Post
It was cancelled. But there's a BR from Germany that has the original English language track that it was originally filmed in. It was later dubbed into Armenian after the film festival circuit in Europe.
Bummer. The German disc is riddled with German text unfortunately.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #35
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Strand Releasing has acquired all North American rights for Alain Guiraudie’s Competition entry Staying Vertical and plans an early 2017 theatrical release.
Quote:
Synopsis : Filmmaker Leo is searching for the wolf in the south of France. During a scouting excursion he is seduced by Marie, a free-spirited and dynamic shepherdess. Nine months later she gives birth to their child. Suffering from post-natal depression and with no faith in Leo, who comes and goes without warning, Marie abandons both of them. Leo finds himself alone, with a baby to care for. It’s not easy, but deep down, he loves it. Through a series of unexpected and unusual encounters, struggling to find inspiration for his next film, Leo will do whatever it takes to stay standing. Alain Guiraudie follows Stranger by the Lake with this intimate, heart-stopping tale set amidst a wilderness in which secret desires are revealed.

Pro-B
Thanks given by:
nekelstal (05-16-2016)
Old 05-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Nebraska

Bummer to see there's no Blu-ray scheduled for Lovesong.
Most Wanted: The Assassination of Jesse James... (Dir. Cut) Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit Arsenic and Old Lace The Devils Fail-Safe Lovesong The Muppets. Roman Holiday The Great Silence Take Me to the River A Prairie Home Companion Return to Snowy River Pink Floyd The Wall Requiem for a Heavyweight Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny The Bad Sleep Well Angels in the Outfield (1994) Man in the Shadow Bad Company (1972) Big Fan All the Pretty Horses (Dir. Cut) Death to Smoochy
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors