Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Blade Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #341
Opips3 Opips3 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Opips3's Avatar
 
Mar 2015
324
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsRon View Post
I have an Onkyo TX-NR545 which is 7.2

Can I somehow connect the amp to a different input on the receiver and control the levels separate from my sub?
Good,

Onkyo Receiver preout subwoofer to a separate mini amp or sub amp without speaker.
(PS4) PSN: Bakumatsu Rouman Dainimaku: Gekka no Kenshi. -trophies- 28%
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #342
lightsRon lightsRon is offline
New Member
 
Mar 2016
Default

I have them wired properly and ran the AccuEQ and they are shaking more now. But I still need the speaker levels at -12 & sub at +12 and Phase Matching Bass on to get them shaking good. I also have to set my sub's gain knob to like a 1 out of ten or it is way to loud.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:32 PM   #343
bakntim bakntim is offline
Member
 
bakntim's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Los Angeles
Default

Just wanted to dust off this thread and post my thoughts on adding bass shakers to my home theater. Let me start by saying I have been through 3 sets of dual subwoofers all from different brands trying to get the "punch" from them I knew you could get from a lot of movies. I would get close but not until I added 4 ADX Maximus shakers to each of my 4 recliners did I finally achieve the feel I was hoping for. They are fantastic! Super powerful. I don't even have the amplifier for them set to half. The only real trick is getting them dialed in to your system so they seemlessly add to the bass without overpowering it and drawing your attention out of the movie. I watched the 2014 Godzilla movie the other night. Oh good God! It felt like the room would be shook to pieces but there was no distortion. Clean, crisp, and accurate punch. The blend between my dual subs and the 4 shakers was superb. It's such an aural illusion that you think you are hearing earth shattering bass but the shakers are only the half of it. You FEEL them but it seems like the bass in the movie is dialed to 11. Just a thrilling and amazing experience to behold. I would say that this was probably the most impressive upgrade I have made to my small dedicated theater. Even more immersive than adding elevation speakers for Atmos and DTS:X. I will forever have bass shakers installed in all my future home theater setups. Just wanted to share.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (04-25-2017), nospam (04-25-2017), vardo (05-08-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 11:29 PM   #344
Dwayne Dwayne is offline
Expert Member
 
Dwayne's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1
Default

Hey there bakntim, I too have wondered about what they can offer . I personally have never had the opportunity to hear what they can bring to movie's/concert's. If you do not mind me asking, what dual Sub's do you have in the mix ?
7.2 Denon 4520c.i. AVR, Samsung 47" 1080P HDTV, Monster HTS-1600, AMD Custom Built Computer/Media Player, Polk Audio RTi 12 Speaker's-Main's, Polk Audio CS-2 Center, JBL ES 80 Speaker's Surround, Polk Monitor 60 Surround Back, Acoustech 12" PL 200 Sub, Polk Audio 10" PSW 110 Sub, Sony BDP 570-SACD, Panasonic BDP 360 2.0 Onkyo 809 AVR, Polk Audio Monitor 70s, Audio Technica AT-LP-120
HOLD ON, FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, AND NEVER SURRENDER
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:46 AM   #345
bakntim bakntim is offline
Member
 
bakntim's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Los Angeles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Hey there bakntim, I too have wondered about what they can offer . I personally have never had the opportunity to hear what they can bring to movie's/concert's. If you do not mind me asking, what dual Sub's do you have in the mix ?

I started with dual BIC H-100's, then switched to dual SVS SB-2000's (nice subs but I realized I preferred ported over sealed) Then switched all my speakers to Klipsch and settled on dual R-112SW's. More than enough for my 12x12 room. The bass shakers, when dialed in to compliment the subs, add such a level of physical kick now that just is amazing. An incredibly cost effective way to really feel that kick. I love them. No more subwoofer hunting for me!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 09:04 PM   #346
Dwayne Dwayne is offline
Expert Member
 
Dwayne's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1
Default

WOW......Dual Klipsch 12" sub's in a 12x12 room, along with the 4 ADX Maximus under recliner's must sound/and feel amazing . I'm a ported sub fan myself, although I certainly would love to have dual SVS sub's in my place, regardless of sealed/ported, that's just me. I keep my Polk PSW 110 sub directly behind my recliner, which is a very weak sub, and I'm just not feeling it. I'm going to purchase another Acoustech 12" PL 200 sub to match the one I have in front, but may not get away with placing it behind my recliner. I'm seriously considering these ADX Maximus under my recliner's and when purchased, placing the newer Acoustech 12" PL 200 in a more desirable location. Thank's for your input on these butt shaker's .
7.2 Denon 4520c.i. AVR, Samsung 47" 1080P HDTV, Monster HTS-1600, AMD Custom Built Computer/Media Player, Polk Audio RTi 12 Speaker's-Main's, Polk Audio CS-2 Center, JBL ES 80 Speaker's Surround, Polk Monitor 60 Surround Back, Acoustech 12" PL 200 Sub, Polk Audio 10" PSW 110 Sub, Sony BDP 570-SACD, Panasonic BDP 360 2.0 Onkyo 809 AVR, Polk Audio Monitor 70s, Audio Technica AT-LP-120
HOLD ON, FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, AND NEVER SURRENDER
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bakntim (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 09:11 PM   #347
bakntim bakntim is offline
Member
 
bakntim's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Los Angeles
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
WOW......Dual Klipsch 12" sub's in a 12x12 room, along with the 4 ADX Maximus under recliner's must sound/and feel amazing . I'm a ported sub fan myself, although I certainly would love to have dual SVS sub's in my place, regardless of sealed/ported, that's just me. I keep my Polk PSW 110 sub directly behind my recliner, which is a very weak sub, and I'm just not feeling it. I'm going to purchase another Acoustech 12" PL 200 sub to match the one I have in front, but may not get away with placing it behind my recliner. I'm seriously considering these ADX Maximus under my recliner's and when purchased, placing the newer Acoustech 12" PL 200 in a more desirable location. Thank's for your input on these butt shaker's .

Sure thing! Parts Express has a great price on 4 of them with Dayton Audio amplifier for around $300. Super deal. These shakers are worth every penny and make such a difference. You won't be disappointed It's a pleasure chatting with a fellow enthusiast.

Last edited by bakntim; 04-26-2017 at 10:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #348
Cocey2002 Cocey2002 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2014
Default

So how important is it to power these with a DSP capable amp? IS the Dayton sufficient? I have read the INUKE 1000 is a good amp but it is noisy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:07 PM   #349
Dwayne Dwayne is offline
Expert Member
 
Dwayne's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntim View Post
Sure thing! Parts Express has a great price on 4 of them with Dayton Audio amplifier for around $300. Super deal. These shakers are worth every penny and make such a difference. You won't be disappointed It's a pleasure chatting with a fellow enthusiast.
The $300.00 price for 4, including the amp make's this very appealing . Big thank's .
7.2 Denon 4520c.i. AVR, Samsung 47" 1080P HDTV, Monster HTS-1600, AMD Custom Built Computer/Media Player, Polk Audio RTi 12 Speaker's-Main's, Polk Audio CS-2 Center, JBL ES 80 Speaker's Surround, Polk Monitor 60 Surround Back, Acoustech 12" PL 200 Sub, Polk Audio 10" PSW 110 Sub, Sony BDP 570-SACD, Panasonic BDP 360 2.0 Onkyo 809 AVR, Polk Audio Monitor 70s, Audio Technica AT-LP-120
HOLD ON, FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, AND NEVER SURRENDER
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bakntim (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #350
bakntim bakntim is offline
Member
 
bakntim's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Los Angeles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocey2002 View Post
So how important is it to power these with a DSP capable amp? IS the Dayton sufficient? I have read the INUKE 1000 is a good amp but it is noisy.
Sorry, I can't speak on the DSP capable amp question as I have no experience with that. Maybe someone else can chime in. My ADX maximus shakers came in a bundle with the Dayton SA300 AMP. My understanding is that shakers don't require a lot of power unless you have them cranked waaaaay up which I don't know why anyone would want to watch a movie with the rattling your chairs apart. They shouldn't take you out of the movie. I have 4 shakers running to my amp and the volume/gain knob is only set to about 4 of 10 and its just right. Plenty of power. Personal preference of course.
7.2.4 Dedicated Home Theater 3x Klipsch Pro-7800 L THX (L,C,R), 4x Klipsch CP-6 elevation speakers, 2x Klipsch G-28 (Surround L,R), 2x Klipsch G-16 (Surround Back L,R), 2x SVS PC-2000 subwoofers, EPSON 6500UB projector, 103" SeymourAV acoustically transparent screen, 4x ADX Maximus bass shakers, Denon x6200 receiver, Niles Audio SI-250 amplifier, Dayton Audio SA-230 subwoofer amplifier, Monster Home Theater HTS 1700 PowerCenter, Panasonic BDT-460 blu-ray player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:41 PM   #351
Cocey2002 Cocey2002 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntim View Post
Sorry, I can't speak on the DSP capable amp question as I have no experience with that. Maybe someone else can chime in. My ADX maximus shakers came in a bundle with the Dayton SA300 AMP. My understanding is that shakers don't require a lot of power unless you have them cranked waaaaay up which I don't know why anyone would want to watch a movie with the rattling your chairs apart. They shouldn't take you out of the movie. I have 4 shakers running to my amp and the volume/gain knob is only set to about 4 of 10 and its just right. Plenty of power. Personal preference of course.
Thanks for your response. I am looking into adding a couple of bass shakers to my ht recliners. Will have to use a wireless device to send the lfe signal to the amp as I have no way of running wire to my seating. Are you able to control when the bass shakers shake like a frequency range? Or do they shake on all low frequencies? I guess you can filter so they only shake under 80hrz.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:54 AM   #352
bakntim bakntim is offline
Member
 
bakntim's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Los Angeles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocey2002 View Post
Thanks for your response. I am looking into adding a couple of bass shakers to my ht recliners. Will have to use a wireless device to send the lfe signal to the amp as I have no way of running wire to my seating. Are you able to control when the bass shakers shake like a frequency range? Or do they shake on all low frequencies? I guess you can filter so they only shake under 80hrz.
Yes you can set a crossover to make the shakers only activate at a certain low frequency. Fully adjustable. Most people I have heard and I as well with shakers set the amplifier crossover to 40hz. Once you have found a crossover you like, you can adjust the intensity of the shake with the volume/gain of the amplifier. A little goes a long way I have found.
7.2.4 Dedicated Home Theater 3x Klipsch Pro-7800 L THX (L,C,R), 4x Klipsch CP-6 elevation speakers, 2x Klipsch G-28 (Surround L,R), 2x Klipsch G-16 (Surround Back L,R), 2x SVS PC-2000 subwoofers, EPSON 6500UB projector, 103" SeymourAV acoustically transparent screen, 4x ADX Maximus bass shakers, Denon x6200 receiver, Niles Audio SI-250 amplifier, Dayton Audio SA-230 subwoofer amplifier, Monster Home Theater HTS 1700 PowerCenter, Panasonic BDT-460 blu-ray player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:59 AM   #353
Cocey2002 Cocey2002 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2014
Default

Much appreciated
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:53 PM   #354
futureprodigy88 futureprodigy88 is offline
New Member
 
Jul 2017
Default Clark Synthesis TST429 Platinum

Will this setup work:

Sound System: ONKYO HT-S9800THX (THX Certified 7.1-Ch Integrated Network Home Theater System)

Tactile Transducer: 2x Clark Synthesis TST429 Platinum

Looking to buy AMP: Crown XLi 1500 Power Amplifier 2 x 450W at 4 Ohms

Will this AMP work? Will I be able to just put each TST429 on each channel of the amp then connect amp to receiver of the sound system?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:04 PM.