Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lion King (Blu-ray)
C$17.96
Once Upon a Time in America (Blu-ray)
C$10.99
Moana (Blu-ray)
C$17.96
Brimstone (Blu-ray)
C$7.99
The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
C$24.99
The Fate of the Furious (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Fifty Shades Freed (Blu-ray)
C$19.96
The Blue Planet: Seas of Life (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray)
C$17.96
L.A. Guns: Live in Milan (Blu-ray)
C$19.84
Despicable Me 3 (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Bambi (Blu-ray)
C$17.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada

Old 08-10-2017, 06:59 PM   #1

Jan 2016
Toronto, Canada
Default Import slowdown?

Hello all...

Just a question for those that import as much as I do... have you had any recently purchased items arriving much later than they should have, or unusually slow to arrive, whereas prior, it was more in line of the usual time allotment (10 to 30 days)?

I'm asking because I've got one item from the US shipped July 11th, two items shipped from the UK July 21st and one item from Australia shipped July 27th, all of which have yet to arrive. IMPORTANT EDIT: I forgot to mention that these are all Canada Post deliveries that are "affected". I've received packages from UPS and DHL without delay the past few weeks.

I've contacted my local post office hub and was told nothing has been "sitting around" or late to ship. I looked up the Canada Customs website and saw the following information posted...

Mail processing delays:
The CBSA is experiencing unprecedented volumes of mail arriving in Canada. The CBSA and Canada Post are working diligently to process your items and appreciate your patience. Contact Canada Post to track your item.

Now, I have no idea of when this information was posted, or if it's even still an issue, but for now, I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer to see what shows up. Has anyone else had similar delivery issues lately?
Good Christ! A lesbian?!

Last edited by GoodAsBlu; 08-10-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:47 AM   #2
Contributor

Aug 2011

canada post and customs are full of it. not sure if u go to a site called redflagdeals there is a huge post of people talking about it. it was only affecting packages coming from china before. but lately other shipments are taking way longer to.

i have a shipment coming from Indonesia shipped out june 19th still hasn't showed. have 2 coming from spain that shipped out last month still haven't showed. had a uk one that showed up over a week after the normal delivery estimate provided by ebay. i have another shipped from Belgium july 9th ebay shows it should have got here by aug 4th still hasn't showed.
Thanks given by:
GoodAsBlu (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #3

Jan 2016
Toronto, Canada

Well... of course this would happen, after the fact.

Today, I received my US July 11th package. If that time-frame holds true for my other packages, then I should see the two UK items arrive sometime next week?!
Good Christ! A lesbian?!
Old 08-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #4

Jan 2016
Toronto, Canada

... and got my Australian items today, but still waiting on the UK items to arrive. Once received, I'm caught up, until the few outstanding pre-orders I have with Zavvi ship in the next few weeks that is!
Good Christ! A lesbian?!
Old 08-14-2017, 10:36 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012

I put in an order from Kino during their recent sale. Now, it appears that the tracking number I received might be the wrong one as Canada Post's info states the destination address is Vancouver (I'm in Saskatoon) but whoever the package belongs to just cleared Customs after 11 days! Nothing I've ever ordered has taken that long. That being said, a recent order from Amazon UK arrived no quicker nor slower than any of my previous orders.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:57 PM   #6

Sep 2008
Vancouver, Canada

Canada Post are definitely having some issues this year. One package I ordered from Japan took 3 months to arrive via Air Mail; one from Amazon Germany took even longer. In fact, one replacement disc Amazon France send when I thought the first package was lost arrived on the same day as the original which had left months before.

It's a crapshoot. I've had packages from the UK and US take anywhere from 10 days to over a month when they would previously rarely take over two weeks to arrive. They've been frustratingly inconsistent.

That said, they have yet to actually lose one of my packages. Everything has eventually arrived so far.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:40 AM   #7

May 2008

I had major delays with Canada Post regarding Blu-ray orders from Asia first half of the year. Was ordering from DDDHouse (Hong Kong) and KimchiDVD (S.Korea) and it took close to two months to arrive to a point that the shipments were considered lost by the retailers.

Canada Post is a total shitshow.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:19 AM   #8
Expert Member

Jun 2015
Great White North

It is baffling at times to be sure.
As I am a "region free" player, I frequently order from U.K. France and Germany and on occasion, from South Korea.
I've received some discs even before previously ordered ones, from the same place! (i.e. Zavvi).
I will say at least, all eventually do arrive and damage has been either minimal or none, so I'll take that as a blessing.
I don't think CP is any worse than other country mail services. I've read horror stories on this forum from folks living all over.
It's a crap-shoot I guess. Whether it is worse now than say, years ago, I don't think so. One thing I'll mention though, my home delivery CP lady is a real charm and she goes to extra effort to ensure my packages are home delivered as opposed to pick-up from depot. Might help that every Christmas on Boxing Day, I leave her a card with some money in it (which is what Boxing Day was meant for BTW, heh).
M2c
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada