Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fantastic Voyage (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 hr ago
The Sand Pebbles (Blu-ray)
$5.99
7 hrs ago
I, Tonya (Blu-ray)
$12.99
6 hrs ago
Memories of Underdevelopment (Blu-ray)
$21.98

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

American Horror Story: Asylum (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Batman Ninja (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Fear the Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
6 hrs ago
American Horror Story: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
Die Hard Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 11-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #21

Jul 2010
The Great Northwest
Thumbs up

Happily, Pure Flix does not appear to be abandoning blu-ray releases. I usually look at ImportCDs to find out about new Pure Flix pre-releases. They currently list four upcoming titles for 2014, one of which ("Finding Normal") will also be released on blu-ray. We'll almost certainly see more BR releases for their higher profile upcoming films ("God's Not Dead," etc.).

For those who are interested:
http://www.importcds.com/Search/Guid...?ed=4293417933

Also, that Christianbook.com sale is a great chance to pick up some of their back catalogue on the cheap. If you've never seen their films, I highly recommend "What If..." (Kevin Sorbo, Kristy Swanson, John Ratzenberger). It's entertaining, it's well-made, and it really soft sells the religious message in a way that is meaningful but unlikely to offend anyone but the most militant atheist.
Thanks given by:
hockeyshark91 (09-03-2017)
Old 12-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

At least 1 new Blu-ray title is being released in 2014 from Pure Flix Entertainment

After a couple Blu-ray titles were canceled by Pure Flix Entertainment in late 2013, its good news to hear that Finding Normal on Blu-ray is up for pre-order on Amazon. Finding Normal on Blu-ray is scheduled to be released on Blu-ray February 4th 2014.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Finding-Normal-Blu-ray/91768/
Old 04-01-2014, 12:42 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

God’s Not Dead coming to Blu-ray around the month of July

If this movie keeps doing so well at the box office then the Blu-ray release date could change

Back on Friday March 21st I went to go see Son of God and God’s Not Dead in a 4K Sony SXRD Digital theater. I was amazed at the native 4K RED ONE picture quality of God’s Not Dead when projected at 4K quality in the commercial movie theater. Some beautiful 4K images with Pure Flix entertainments God’s Not Dead. The entire theater was almost sold out.

God’s Not Dead has an excellent storyline and is by far the best Pure Flix movie released in theaters so far. Box office sells are currently over 22 million dollars, and this film has been a great witnessing tool for the Christian community. Movie is rated PG.

Back on March 24th I received an email from Pure Flix entertainment saying that they will be releasing God’s Not Dead on Blu-ray sometime around July. I also made the suggestion that the Blu-ray release should get the lossless audio treatment. Since this movie is doing so well at the box office, there is a strong possibility that the God’s Not Dead Blu-ray release will get the special treatment when it’s released around July. I would love to see a dual layer 50GB Blu-ray release full of extra features.

Quote from email

“We will be releasing this film in Blu-ray this summer around July.”

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 04-01-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:00 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

On 4-17-2014 I decided to go see God’s Not Dead in a commercial Sony 4K SXRD movie theater for a second time. It is extremely rare for me to watch the same movie a second time in the commercial movie theater.

This God’s Not Dead movie is amazing work of art in terms of a storyline. Pure Flix Entertainment only spent 2 million dollars to make this low budget movie, however the Christian community really loves this movie and box office sales are currently around 43 million dollars and growing. No one thought this movie would be such a hit in theaters nationwide.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 04-19-2014 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:17 AM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Another Pure Flix Entertainment Blu-ray title has been canceled because of a lack of demand

Every year there is some Pure Flix Entertainment Christian Blu-ray titles that are scheduled to be released on the Blu-ray format, however they get canceled because there is a lack of demand for some Christian movies.

Back on March 12th 2013 Revelation Road: The Beginning of the End was released on Blu-ray. Then on September 10th 2013 Revelation Road 2: The Sea of Glass and Fire was released on Blu-ray. Revelation Road 3: The Black Rider (UPC code 857533003684), was originally scheduled to be released on the Blu-ray format on September 9th 2014, however all retailers except Best Buy canceled taking pre-orders for this title. Best Buy is currently taking pre-orders for Revelation Road 3: The Black Rider on Blu-ray with a new release date of 10-7-14, however according to my email conversation with Pure Flix Entertainment, this is not a Best Buy exclusive, and according to Pure Flix Entertainment Revelation Road 3 will not be released on the Blu-ray format. This means Best Buy will most likely be canceling all their pre-orders for Revelation Road 3 on Blu-ray if the information I received from Pure Flix Entertainment is correct.

Therefore, fans of the Christian Revelation Road series will not be able to purchase the complete trilogy on the Blu-ray format. Those fans that already own the first two Revelation Road movies in 1080P Blu-ray quality will need to purchase the 480i DVD version of Revelation Road: The Black Rider when it is released on 10-7-14 in order to complete their collection. It is disappointing that the complete trilogy was not released on the Blu-ray format. It would appear that the Christian community is slower at upgrading their DVD players to Blu-ray players. DVD players cost around $25 and Blu-ray players are still double the price at around $50, however for most families a Blu-ray player for around $50 is still affordable and it plays a person’s existing DVD and audio CD collection.

The following is a quote from Pure Flix Entertainment during an email conversation

Thank you for contacting us with interest in our upcoming release 'The Black Rider: Revelation Road'. This title will NOT be available on blu-ray and it is NOT a best buy exclusive. It will be available everywhere on 10/07/14.”

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 08-14-2014 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Building a Family Legacy by Dr. James Dobson Complete Blu-ray boxset has been canceled

This is not a Pure Flix Entertainment release, however since these Blu-rays were originally in the Pure Flix online store and powered by the Christianbook Group website, I decided to post the information here instead of creating a completely new thread.

Provident Music was scheduled to release a total of 8 individual Blu-ray discs from Dr. James Dobson, plus a complete Blu-ray boxset that included all 8 Blu-rays called Building a Family Legacy on September 30th 2014. Street price for the Building a Family Legacy Blu-ray boxset was $74.99.

Today I received an email from Christianbook.com that my pre-order has been canceled since the publisher/manufacturer Provident Music has canceled Dr. James Dobson’s complete series on the Blu-ray format (also all 8 individual Blu-ray discs in the series have been canceled). Most likely the reason this complete Blu-ray series was canceled, is because there most likely was a lack of demand with not enough pre-orders. A typical Blu-ray release requires a minimum run of 3,000 stamped discs at the factory.

The following is select email quotes from Christianbook.com customer service

The publisher/manufacturer has recently notified us that this item is no longer available.”

“We have since cancelled this item from your order.”

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 08-18-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #27
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

This kind of Christian entertainment makes it a tough choice on Blu-ray due to the economics of the format. If Walmart passes on carrying a Blu-ray version, it likely gets canceled by the distributor. Walmart still regularly carries a number of DVDs from Pure Flix. Target and the other big retailers have never really carried much Christian entertainment.

Millennium Entertaiment recently released the biopic of Christian singer Rich Mullins on BD, Ragamuffin.
Action Comics #1000 is out now at your local comic book stores
Old 09-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

I just received an email today from Best Buy that my order for Revelation Road 3 on Blu-ray was canceled. Amazon will soon be canceling pre-orders for this Blu-ray title also since as mentioned before the Blu-ray version of this movie is not being released. The strange thing is Best Buy is still taking pre-orders on their website for this Blu-ray title even though they are canceling peoples orders.

There is also a possibility that the following 3 coming soon Blu-ray titles from Pure Flix Entertainment might also be canceled if there is not enough people pre-ordering the Blu-ray’s.

The following 3 Blu-ray titles can be pre-ordered from Amazon

1.The Adventures of Mickey Matson and the Copperhead Treasure (scheduled release date September 16th 2014).

2. Redeemed (scheduled release date October 7th 2014).

3. Mission Air (scheduled release date October 21st 2014).
Old 09-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Pure Flix Entertainment cancels 3 more Blu-ray titles for a total of 4 canceled for the year 2014

In 2011 Pure Flix Entertainment released 1 Blu-ray title. Then in 2012 Pure Flix Entertainment released 10 Blu-ray titles. Then in 2013 Pure Flix Entertainment released 8 Blu-ray titles. However for the year 2014 only two Blu-ray titles were released, and from what I am hearing that might be it for the year 2014.

I have now confirmed that the following 4 Blu-ray titles that were scheduled from Pure Flix Entertainment in the year 2014 were canceled. Amazon and Best Buy pre-orders will most likely be canceled soon. Going forward in 2015+ Pure Flix Entertainment plans on only releasing movies on Blu-ray that have had a theatrical release only (like God’s Not Dead).

This means for the majority of Pure Flix Entertainment movies, consumers that want to watch them in HD quality will need to purchase them from VUDU or get a Netflix account. When it comes to Christian movies in HD quality, VUDU and Netflix are more popular when compared to the Blu-ray format (Even though Blu-ray has better picture and sound quality, the HD streaming formats are winning the format war against physical HD optical discs).

The following 4 Pure Flix Entertainment Blu-ray titles have been canceled

1. The Adventures of Mickey Matson and the Copperhead Treasure (scheduled release date was September 16th 2014).

2. Revelation Road 3: The Black Rider (scheduled release date was October 7th 2014).

3. Redeemed (scheduled release date was October 7th 2014).

4. Mission Air (scheduled release date was October 21st 2014).

References below

Reference email quote from Christian Book Distributors “Thank you for your inquiry. Per Pure Flix, we will not be releasing Mickey Madson (to be released tentatively in 2015),Mission Air or Redeemed on BluRay.”

Reference email quote from Pure FlixEntertainment Thank you for your support and interest in our films. We will only be releasing Blu-ray on theatrical releases moving forward. Take care and God Bless.”
Old 09-02-2017, 04:55 AM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Pure Flix Entertainment with their business relationship with Universal Studios has been releasing a few Christian titles on the Blu-ray format almost every year. While there are some awesome secular family TV series that has been released on Blu-ray, so far there has not been any recent Christian TV series released on the Blu-ray format yet (The Bible series and A.D. were the two most recent TV series released on Blu-ray). Maybe that might change in the future. Pure Flix Entertainment movies like Encounter on DVD and The Encounter: Paradise Lost on Blu-ray was so popular, that Pure Flix Entertainment has started a new TV series called Encounter that is based on the two hit movies. Hopefully The Encounter the original series might one day be released on the Blu-ray format. It would be nice to see a Christian TV series on Blu-ray from Pure Flix Entertainment.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 09-02-2017 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Mississippi

I have always been a huge fan of David White and Pure Flix. I have several of their titles on bluray.

I'm one of the only members in here with a CHRISTIAN and BIBLICAL category in my bluray collection.

Does Anyone else have one?
Thanks given by:
hockeyshark91 (09-03-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 05:32 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
I have always been a huge fan of David White and Pure Flix. I have several of their titles on bluray.

I'm one of the only members in here with a CHRISTIAN and BIBLICAL category in my bluray collection.

I am glad to hear that you created both Biblical and Christian categories for your personal Blu-ray collection. The Biblical collection appears to be made up of historical Old and New Testament time frame type movies (mostly true stories with some fictional stories that mix Christian truth with fiction like Ben Hur). The Christian category mostly contains modern day faith based true stories and fictional Christian movies. I have not taken the time to list my entire Blu-ray collection online, and at this time I do not plan too. However for many Christian and faith based movies I have written many user reviews that have been posted online.
Thanks given by:
OneWayFilms (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #33
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
I agree, the entire Apocalypse series (1-4) would be WONDERFUL on bluray. Cloud Ten Pictures just finished filming the new Left Behind reboot in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, starring Nicholas Cage & Chad Michael Murphy. I hope it's good.

Pure Flix appears to be the leading company releasing Christian titles right now, and while I'm glad for that, I just keep hoping they will get better.
It wasn't. Their original try was better. We need Left Behind done on a real Hollywood scale, and not so campy.

I still want to see the Helen Hannah movies on blu though.
Check out my NEW novel at: https://www.amazon.com/War-That-Neve...at+never+began
Check out my eBay store:
https://m.ebay.com/myebay?actionName=SELL_OVERVIEW

*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Thanks given by:
OneWayFilms (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 09:05 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Mississippi

Yeah, when I saw the Left Behind with Nicholas Cage, I cringed all the way through it, I mean, it was BEYOND terrible. I felt bad too, because someone from Cloud Ten Pictures was a friend of mine and when they read my review for it, they stopped talking to me.

I think the version with Kirk Cameron was MUCH better. And even THAT series has much room for improvement.
Thanks given by:
Falaskan (09-02-2017), hockeyshark91 (09-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Quote:

I also created such a category. I keep adding and subtracting titles, though. For example, I just re-ordered Blue Like Jazz, but I'm not sure I'd add it to my "Christian" list. On the other hand, I found Shyaman's Devil to be a very strong faith-based film. And no, it's not in my Christian collection.
Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors