Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri 4K (Blu-ray)
€21.90
22 hrs ago
The Shape of Water 4K (Blu-ray)
€21.90
21 hrs ago
Double Indemnity (Blu-ray)
€8.50
9 hrs ago
Transformers: The Last Knight (Blu-ray)
€14.99

Doctor Strange (Blu-ray)
€12.04

Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
€12.98

Star Wars: Original Trilogy (Blu-ray)
€24.94
22 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Saga (Blu-ray)
€49.88

Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Blu-ray)
€14.99

Star Wars: Prequel Trilogy (Blu-ray)
€24.99

Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray)
€10.13
9 hrs ago
American Made (Blu-ray)
€15.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France

Old 01-17-2017, 10:34 AM   #81
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
Aberdeen

That's pretty brave of you - I hope it works out for you in the end! I love Rohmer so this set was a no brainer for me.

I still haven't watched much from my set. I want to do with this what I did with the Criterion Tati set and do the entire thing in chronological order. It's just a shame that the extensive supplements have no English subtitles. How's your French?
If I was a duck I'd go quack.

All things prog | Yes World | DVD Basen | Home | MX-5 | Nausicaa | ET | My Criterion
Old 01-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #82

Jul 2009
Oslo, Norway

I find it interesting to watch something other people enjoy, even if I don't. I have enjoyed a lot of the Truffaut and Godard titles I have picked up over the last few years, and my curiosity demands that I watch at least a few titles from the best regarded directors. I usually pick up a title of two to begin with, but that wasn't so easy with Rohmer.

My French a bit rusty. I haven't really spoken any French in almost 20 years, and I need subtitles on French language films. I also have a hearing disability so I prefer subtitles on everything, no matter what language is used. With a bit of help from a dictionary (i.e. google translate) I am able read French, albeit slowly.

I think I'll start with Ma nuit chez Maud, Pauline à la plage, Le beau mariage, La femme de l'aviateur or Contes des quatres saisons. I used to work as an import buyer for a Norwegian video chain, and those are titles I remember importing and selling regularly.
Thanks given by:
Sifox211 (01-21-2017)
Old 09-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #83
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
Aberdeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
...Has anybody managed to find any subtitles for the extras floating around online? I've managed to find subtitles for the episode of Cinema du Notre Temps and some of the short films, but would love to find for Catherine de Heilbronn, En compagnie d'Eric Rohmer, La fabrique du Conte d'ete and En repetant Perceval.
Do you have a link for those subs?

I just started on this set (at last) and coincidentally just finished my first excercise in adding English subs to a DVD (Kilometre Zero) so am keen to get as many English subs for the supplements as I can!
If I was a duck I'd go quack.

All things prog | Yes World | DVD Basen | Home | MX-5 | Nausicaa | ET | My Criterion
Old 09-04-2017, 04:15 PM   #84
Expert Member

Mar 2016
Bay Area

And I finally got a blu-ray drive for my computer, so I'm going to start ripping extras. I'd love any subs anyone comes across.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #85
Expert Member

Mar 2014

Picked this one up about three years ago while this was on deal ;costed about 141 Euros including shipping. It arrived in somewhat battered state but luckily all those 27 dgipacks were safe .Spent a couple of hours gluing it and made a custom protection cover using stationery polythene sheets. Since then I handled this box set with utmost care (one and only disadvantage of this jumbo box set).

Watched L'Ami de mon amie (1987) [Boyfriends and Girlfriends] again today after two years (since I watched it last time from this box set). Needless to say this is my favorite Rohmer film and I like everything about it- story ,characters in it ,camera work and Rohmer's use of that grand architecture (of one French town) as a background for story telling is absolutely stunning !One can relate this to Tati's Playtime .

Just noticed that there are no pics on this forum yet and so here you go;
[Show spoiler]Not one of those great beauty shots but my 7+ is generally good with nature or people but it's just been bad to me while clicking blu-rays.

Tea bags

Those infamous disc holders

There is no much to write about this release (Hand written number,crayon art cover,complete work of a director released in one single box) but in the interest of time I am keeping it short. Not sure if this box set has won any award but it deserves one. Is this just me or has anyone noticed that there is some kind of fragrance emanating from this box set ; My guess is that box set must have been sprinkled with one of those agnès b perfumes !

Also this thread is not indexed to the release listing like we get thread information at the bottom of any release. Mods,please look into it.

EDIT; Thank you Sifox211 for indexing this thread under release page.

Last edited by DefLeppard; 10-01-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Thanks given by:
Sifox211 (09-14-2017), witchmania (09-14-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France