Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Initial D: Fifth Stage ; Final Stage ; Extra Stage 2 (Blu-ray)
€20.35
Thor: Ragnarok (Blu-ray)
€21.49
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
€22.61
Mademoiselle (Blu-ray)
€10.51
Underworld - L'intégrale (Blu-ray)
€15.12
Kidnap (Blu-ray)
€12.47
Tunnel (Blu-ray)
€14.99
Man Down (Blu-ray)
€16.77
La La Land (Blu-ray)
€16.03
Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray)
€12.77
The Great Wall (Blu-ray)
€12.04
Maze Runner: The Death Cure (Blu-ray)
€19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France

Old 02-24-2016, 04:51 PM   #101
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2014
California

Watched this last night. Such a great film. I couldn't figure out how to remove the subs, which was a bummer, but great nonetheless.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:03 PM   #102

Apr 2010
London England

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtopower View Post
Watched this last night. Such a great film. I couldn't figure out how to remove the subs, which was a bummer, but great nonetheless.
Easy. Press audio and choose "Anglais sous titré français."
As the film starts go to your options key on your remote. Chose Playback settings and you get a list amongst which is subtitles options, you can then switch them to English, French or Off.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #103
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2014
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptb2010 View Post
As the film starts go to your options key on your remote. Chose Playback settings and you get a list amongst which is subtitles options, you can then switch them to English, French or Off.
Every time I pulled up my tools/options button on my remote, I'd go to the subtitle section and each time I attempted to change, I'd get an "operation can't be completed" notice.

I'm thinking it might be my player. I have a samsung blu-ray player that came with a htib system.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:18 AM   #104
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Got this from Amazon.fr in just under a week. FAST shipping. Can't wait to watch it over the weekend. Sadly, one of the other BD I ordered arrived slightly damaged. don't want to deal with sending it back so I'll keep it for now.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:57 AM   #105
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
I ripped the disc and there were no english subs present.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:53 AM   #106

Apr 2010
London England

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtopower View Post
Every time I pulled up my tools/options button on my remote, I'd go to the subtitle section and each time I attempted to change, I'd get an "operation can't be completed" notice.

I'm thinking it might be my player. I have a samsung blu-ray player that came with a htib system.
Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. I've a top of the range Panasonic Blu Ray recorder. Maybe that's the difference though I always thought it was information imbedded on the disc.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #107

Apr 2010
London England

Just tried something else. I have a French version of Dance of the Vampires/Fearless Vampire Killers which is supposedly only in two versions, French and English with French subtitles. There is no off command for the French subtitles but I was able to open the subtitles position tab and move them completely off the screen by moving them to -25!! Worth a try?
Old 02-25-2016, 07:34 PM   #108
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Just tried something else. I have a French version of Dance of the Vampires/Fearless Vampire Killers which is supposedly only in two versions, French and English with French subtitles. There is no off command for the French subtitles but I was able to open the subtitles position tab and move them completely off the screen by moving them to -25!! Worth a try?
That's if you have a player than can move the subs.
The plural of GIALLO is GIALLI

Most wanted blu: The Candy Snatchers
Old 02-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #109
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Watched it last night. Great picture quality, decent audio. Had no problem removing subs. Great movie makes this disc a must-have.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:22 PM   #110
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Which of the two versions is better?
Old 07-31-2016, 09:12 PM   #111

Dec 2011
Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
Night or Curse, or which release?

Night is longer and better in my opinion, much better.

The french release is beautiful if light on extras.
There is a recent German release with extras but it is expensive and comes in a DVD case (it is part of a blu/dvd boxset but can be bought alone) which has put me off buying it. I am hoping a UK company will put it out soon.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:27 PM   #112
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
Night of the Demon

Old 08-01-2016, 01:30 PM   #113
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianzombie View Post
The french release is beautiful if light on extras.
This is a French release, and that book (in French) included is a fantastic extra

Old 10-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #114

Feb 2013
Toronto,Canada
Default Restored yes, uncut no way

I bought this blu ray because I got tired of waiting Sony to release this -one of my all-time top favorite movies- in BD. This might not be important to many, but although Wild Side edition is a lot better as regards image quality, there is a full sentence missing in the movie prologue (voiceover on Stonehenge) that can only be found in Sony's uncut version on the Region 1 DVD.
Every other "uncut" version,including Wild Side's BD, has the monologue in the prologue ending in ".... the magic power of the runic symbols can call forth these powers of darkness, the demons of hell". In the complete Sony DVD monologue, after that it goes on: "Through the ages,man has feared and worshipped these creatures. The practices of witchcraft, the cults of evil, have endured and exist to this day". So, great restoration, yes. Uncut, no way... I guess I'll hang on to this one only until Sony or Twilight Time or even Criterion decides it's high time to give this horror masterpiece a REALLY COMPLETE Region A BD, preferably from a new 4K master. The book is awesome, btw. Strange the author, being a die hard fan and expert on Jacques Tourneur ,who wrote it especially for this BD edition did not comment on this cut part. All in all, a great release for the time being.

Last edited by George Hargensen; 10-19-2017 at 09:07 PM. Reason: additional info
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (10-20-2017), MechaGodzilla (10-19-2017), SMOOT (10-19-2017), witchmania (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 09:09 PM   #115

Oct 2007

You might want to share this info about the complete monologue with Powerhouse/Indicator in the UK as they seem to be preparing a Region Free Blu-ray in 2018.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (10-20-2017), Davidian (10-24-2017), MechaGodzilla (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 09:09 PM   #116
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hargensen View Post
I bought this blu ray because I got tired of waiting Sony to release this -one of my all-time top favorite movies- in BD. This might not be important to many, but although Wild Side edition is a lot better as regards image quality, there is a full sentence missing in the movie prologue (voiceover on Stonehenge) that can only be found in Sony's uncut versión on the Región 1 DVD.
Every other "uncut" versión,including Wild Side's BD, has the monologue in the prologue ending in ".... the magic power of the runic symbols can call forth these powers of darkness, the demons of hell". In the complete Sony DVD monologue, after this it continues: "Through the ages,man has feared and worshipped these creatures. The practices og witchcraft, the cults of evil, have endured and exist to this day". So, great restoration, yes. Full, no way... I guess I'll hang on to this until Sony or Twilight Time or even Criterion decides it's high time to give this horror masterpiece a REALLY COMPLETE Región A BD, preferably from a new 4K master.
Powerhouse Films will release it in the UK, as part of their Indicator line. Their editions are usually top notch, and region free, so you may want to keep an eye out for that.

Here's the thread.

Edit: SMOOT got in before me! And yes, a good suggestion to bring this up with them.
Thanks given by:
SMOOT (10-20-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #117
Special Member

Mar 2010
Liverpool,UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hargensen View Post
there is a full sentence missing in the movie prologue (voiceover on Stonehenge) that can only be found in Sony's uncut version on the Region 1 DVD.
Every other "uncut" version,including Wild Side's BD, has the monologue in the prologue ending in ".... the magic power of the runic symbols can call forth these powers of darkness, the demons of hell". In the complete Sony DVD monologue, after that it goes on: "Through the ages,man has feared and worshipped these creatures. The practices of witchcraft, the cults of evil, have endured and exist to this day". So, great restoration, yes. Uncut, no way
it's complete on the german blu.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France