Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steins;Gate: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Logan Lucky (Blu-ray)
$11.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Samurai Champloo: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$15.99
My Hero Academia: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$21.99
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Black Lagoon: Complete Collection Season 1 and 2 (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jingle All the Way (Blu-ray)
$4.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 10-30-2017, 10:20 PM   #1

Apr 2016
Default Need advice on a soundbar

Hi,

In my relatively small bedroom I have my older, flat screen TV mounted to my wall. But whenever I am watching it, the sound effects are too loud and the dialogue is very difficult to hear. This is particularly troublesome at night.

To remedy this, Iím looking to get a sound bar. I am on a budget, but I also donít need anything too fancy. I just something to help me hear the volume without blowing out my eardrums when a gun is fired or a car explodes or something.

I am considering this Insignia sound bar at Best Buy, which fits the current budget, as well as this Vizio sound bar, which is a little more money. I know both are very budget-friendly, so I am not expecting miracles.

That said, I was hoping you guys might be able to weigh in and let me know which one of these is better for my stated purposes. Will either of these help with the problem I am having? Or, do you think I would just have the same dialogue/sound issue after hooking up the sound bar?

I am also open to any other sound bars you might recommend for this issue.

Thank you so much in advance!
Old 10-30-2017, 10:41 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Costco has a Yamaha soundbar with built in subwoofers that I bought a few months back for $179 and I believe it's $129 for the month of November.

I cannot remember the model name (YAS-106 sounds right or very close) but it's the only Yamaha they have instore so it wouldn't be hard to find.

It has good sound and dialogue is clear and easy to understand on everything I've watched from movies to sports to news.

It also got excellent ratings and reviews across the board when I researched it...
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (11-03-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #3

Aug 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

My gf has a Polk SB1 soundbar and I have to say i was impressed. It's got a separate volume setting for "voice" which allows for independent control for dialogue. May be out of your desired price range but worth a comparison.
McIntosh C220 - McIntosh MC252 - EAD T1000 - EAD DSP7000 III - Castle Acoustics Howard S3 - Velodyne SPL 1500R - RGPC 1200C/400 Pro/400 MKII...and other stuff
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers