Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 06-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #101

Dec 2007

Ok, You might want to look at RBH. They have some interesting offerings. You'll have to search for a dealer in your area.
Infinity Comp Prelude P-FR, Infinity Comp Overture 1 - center & front hght, 2 Infinity QPS-1 side, Infinty P-QPS rear hght, Infinity fps-1000 rear, Infinity Outrigger Jr. overheads, 2 AE AV15 Power Cube subwoofers, SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2 DCM Subs (rear), Denon AVR-X4300H (front hght and Prepro), Yamaha MX-830 (rear hght), B&K 200.7 Reference Amp, Behringer NU4-6000 (subs),miniDSP 2X4, BD HTPC, Tube DAC, NAS 20tb , Da-lite 16:9 106", Vivitek hk2288 4k proj, TCL Roku 4K TV.
Thanks given by:
Krelldog1977 (06-23-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 01:20 AM   #102

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
Ok, You might want to look at RBH. They have some interesting offerings. You'll have to search for a dealer in your area.
I'll check them out as well bud! I have plenty of time.....my budget on Audio is blown for the next 5+ years. Immersive audio will have to wait a bit, now that my TV is losing its luster and needs replacement...

My Sony LCD from '09 is on its last leg.....I ordered a refurbished Samsung SUHD the other day.....let's hope it works first off. Now my friends can stop laughing at my Jurassic era Sony!......my blu's are starting to look like DVDs on this poor set.....HEAVY mileage, it served me well for 8 solid years.
PBN Montana Loudspeakers: EPS-2s, SPC-3, M2 monitors, mains: XPS Sigs from '05
Wyred 4 Sound: MMC amplifier and ST-1000mkii
Yamaha CX-A5000 pre/pro. AQ Red River xlr's
Sub: PBN SSW
Player: Oppo UHD-203
TV: Samsung 9000 model ( 2016 )
Thanks given by:
prerich (06-25-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #103

Dec 2007

Waking up this thread...... as I actually came close to pulling the trigger on some fantastic PBN's for a great price......Alas, it was not to be - due to the fact that I have my family (son,wife and grandson) with me. I'm helping them get back on their feet, but it cost. There were a couple of things I started to purchase besides the PBN's (one being an Infiniti QX-56 fully loaded). Had that granddaddy fever and I'm expecting another one in a few months - wanted something bigger to hold multiple child seats...but the family comes first (as in the immediate). My granddaughter is in an excellent situation (her parent's home is much newer than mine).
Just a little history of PBN though - The PBN EPS was a stereophile Class A (restricted extreme LF) speaker back in Recommended Components 2000. I don't know why they don't get the press they deserve. PBN is a solid brand and I would encourage anyone that enjoys a smooth speaker to try them.

Alas....I settled and bought a new receiver instead (4k projector and new mains are out of the question for at least a year - we'll have the car paid off then). I'm good though - all of my speakers are Infinity with the exception of my subs. But I can't help but wonder .... what would it sound like if all of my speakers were PBN's....Krelldog1977 knows....and I think he's quite happy indeed!
Infinity Comp Prelude P-FR, Infinity Comp Overture 1 - center & front hght, 2 Infinity QPS-1 side, Infinty P-QPS rear hght, Infinity fps-1000 rear, Infinity Outrigger Jr. overheads, 2 AE AV15 Power Cube subwoofers, SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2 DCM Subs (rear), Denon AVR-X4300H (front hght and Prepro), Yamaha MX-830 (rear hght), B&K 200.7 Reference Amp, Behringer NU4-6000 (subs),miniDSP 2X4, BD HTPC, Tube DAC, NAS 20tb , Da-lite 16:9 106", Vivitek hk2288 4k proj, TCL Roku 4K TV.
Thanks given by:
Krelldog1977 (10-22-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 02:35 AM   #104

May 2009

Quote:
Waking up this thread...... as I actually came close to pulling the trigger on some fantastic PBN's for a great price......Alas, it was not to be - due to the fact that I have my family (son,wife and grandson) with me. I'm helping them get back on their feet, but it cost. There were a couple of things I started to purchase besides the PBN's (one being an Infiniti QX-56 fully loaded). Had that granddaddy fever and I'm expecting another one in a few months - wanted something bigger to hold multiple child seats...but the family comes first (as in the immediate). My granddaughter is in an excellent situation (her parent's home is much newer than mine).
Just a little history of PBN though - The PBN EPS was a stereophile Class A (restricted extreme LF) speaker back in Recommended Components 2000. I don't know why they don't get the press they deserve. PBN is a solid brand and I would encourage anyone that enjoys a smooth speaker to try them.

Alas....I settled and bought a new receiver instead (4k projector and new mains are out of the question for at least a year - we'll have the car paid off then). I'm good though - all of my speakers are Infinity with the exception of my subs. But I can't help but wonder .... what would it sound like if all of my speakers were PBN's....Krelldog1977 knows....and I think he's quite happy indeed!

Thanks buddy! ..,and I appreciate your review of the mini monitors....it was a detailed, honest, and a fun report/boxing competition!

Maybe next winter we can put my M2 monitors up against both BIGL's mini's, the legacy's, your gear,.....and whoever else wishes to participate. I'm trying to find other esoteric brands which go for big discounts on the used market but it's not easy. PBN's sell for around 75% off their original msrp due to the near zero advertising, cutting out a middleman, and maintaining a small loyal following for the past 30 years.....this saves everyone bigtime..

talk to ya son boss! Enjoy the new car and time with the family!!

KD

Last edited by Krelldog1977; 10-23-2017 at 05:39 AM.
Thanks given by:
prerich (10-24-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 01:58 AM   #105

May 2009

Quote:
P-
I'll be forced to sell my pair of PBN EPS2's in order to pay for some unexpected health bills not covered by insurance, ( more needed than the dental work lol! )...I am willing to take a big hit. Very glad you enjoyed the PBN's, and approve of them being pretty f'n solid.....

Hope everyone has a happy holiday season this year- can't believe its almost Halloween!! speak to ya soon

Last edited by Krelldog1977; 10-26-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:08 AM   #106

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krelldog1977 View Post
P-
I'll be forced to sell my pair of PBN EPS2's in order to pay for some unexpected health bills not covered by insurance, ( more needed than the dental work lol! )...I am willing to take a big hit. Very glad you enjoyed the PBN's, and approve of them being pretty f'n solid.....

Hope everyone has a happy holiday season this year- can't believe its almost Halloween!! speak to ya soon
Sad to hear that, my friend. I hope they sell quickly! They are more than solid speakers, they're a rare find! I'd encourage anyone on the site to work with Krelldog1977....and yes he will work with you as well!!!!
Old 11-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #107

May 2009
Default Update

Quote:
Sad to hear that, my friend. I hope they sell quickly! They are more than solid speakers, they're a rare find! I'd encourage anyone on the site to work with Krelldog1977....and yes he will work with you as well!!!!

Thanks bro!!! I had the eps2's listed for only $1350 and then realized how foolish it would be to give them away at that price....that's 85% below msrp so I decided to hold on to them for sentimental value, since I spent many times with my father utilizing these magical sounding beasts.
...too many fond memories to release them!

I did get a laugh on some of the offers though.....one guy said 1350 was WAY too much of an asking price for a 9 year old set of speakers, LOL! At 9 years old the EPS2's are just broken in! Heck, the same goes for any quality speaker.....9 years is NOTHING for a well taken care of set.

Since I have Medicaid home aides here now to help take care of the folks, it's time to get my health in order.....then I can at least share some feedback on the XPS goliaths.....dynamics and transparency beyond my wildest expectations. Hopefully I can get back on my feet and enjoy the sonic bliss again...

Anyways, for those reading this looking for an upgrade please don't worry about the need to hear PBN speakers......Prerich, BigL, and myself can vouch for them...you would be blown away 100%. Since PBN's are just too expensive brand spanking new...HIT the used market and grab a pair before they are gone. Like I said, since they are an esoteric brand, and almost completely unknown to the general HT hobbyist....you can get them second hand at over 75% off easily.

Remember, the less marketing, the better the deal....and age makes little difference. My XPS towers will go for another 25 years easy, unless you walk into a store and the salesman says otherwise. All they see is dollar signs....don't fall into that trap like I did when I was younger.

This is simply my honest opinion after 3 decades into sound....all subjective, but the PBN's will rock your world. And an expensive/powerful amp is NOT needed to power these guys....super efficient and easy to drive.

Of course there are hundreds of other brands out there to check out, but I can't vouch for them, only the ones I have owned. Happy Hunting!!!!

Just like to wish everyone a very Happy and healthy holiday season. Enjoy my friends!

Last edited by Krelldog1977; 11-19-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Thanks given by:
prerich (11-18-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers