Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: Tristan & Isolde $12.79 ()
Soon: Road to Bali ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Princess Mononoke (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Boruto: Naruto The Movie (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Kiki's Delivery Service (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Space Dandy: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.49
Dragon Ball Super: Part 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.43
Claymore: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Nichijou – My Ordinary Life: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.49
InuYasha The Movie: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.67
Castle in the Sky (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Collection 7 (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Yowamushi Pedal The Movie (Blu-ray)
$15.19
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #33321
Gouki Gouki is online now
Active Member
 
Gouki's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterer View Post
Is is necessary for me to have bought them through the Funimation shop for them to take me seriously? I picked up SW S1 from RS and Hyouka S1 from amazon.
With Amazon, unless it's release week, I pretty much assume it won't come with a slip, or if it does, Inu ears for days.
Panasonic TC-P55VT30/Pioneer Elite VSX-33/Oppo UDP-203/Definitive Technology CS-8080HD, SM65 X2, SM350 X2
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:11 AM   #33322
pikagreg pikagreg is online now
Power Member
 
pikagreg's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterer View Post
Is is necessary for me to have bought them through the Funimation shop for them to take me seriously? I picked up SW S1 from RS and Hyouka S1 from amazon.
I talked to a Funimation employee directly and they said to just email product concerns and tell them you are requesting a slip. I bought Hyouka 1 from RS and my replacement slip comes in tomorrow from UPS.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:18 AM   #33323
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Contributor
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
254
686
19
Default

I remember Summer Wars of the original release. Bought it the week it came out at Best Buy but had no slipcover or artcards included.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:24 AM   #33324
pikagreg pikagreg is online now
Power Member
 
pikagreg's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
I remember Summer Wars of the original release. Bought it the week it came out at Best Buy but had no slipcover or artcards included.
Best Buy has a problem of tossing slips I have seen the Hosoda version of Summer Wars with no slip and it just looks silly lol. I had to replace a few other BD's I got from them too that were missing slips.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:18 AM   #33325
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Contributor
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
254
686
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikagreg View Post
Best Buy has a problem of tossing slips I have seen the Hosoda version of Summer Wars with no slip and it just looks silly lol. I had to replace a few other BD's I got from them too that were missing slips.
I never really had that problem with Best Buy on release week ever and Summer Wars actually did not have enough copies with slipcovers made. It's kind of a collector's item of sorts to have the slipcover with artcards with the original release because of how rare it is.

Barnes & Noble is really the only company I can say that I have my suspicions on about throwing away slipcovers even while charging full MSRP.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:15 AM   #33326
Girls With Guns Girls With Guns is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Girls With Guns's Avatar
 
May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA
32
462
144
9
Default

See, now if they made all US anime like the UK releases with digipaks inside a narrow, side-load chipboard slipbox, they could never screw us over with not providing a slip to go with it. You can't sell a bare digipak without it being in a slipbox...
Nona From Death Parade
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:15 AM   #33327
darkness2918 darkness2918 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
darkness2918's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
1
550
203
125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
I never really had that problem with Best Buy on release week ever and Summer Wars actually did not have enough copies with slipcovers made. It's kind of a collector's item of sorts to have the slipcover with artcards with the original release because of how rare it is.

Barnes & Noble is really the only company I can say that I have my suspicions on about throwing away slipcovers even while charging full MSRP.
I've been to B&N and can confirm they do this (at least in my nearest store) as I've seen them do it. It was the release week of Shin Godzilla & they were tossing those slips along with others in the trash before putting the movies on the shelf.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:17 AM   #33328
darkness2918 darkness2918 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
darkness2918's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
1
550
203
125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls With Guns View Post
See, now if they made all US anime like the UK releases with digipaks inside a narrow, side-load chipboard slipbox, they could never screw us over with not having a slip to go with it. You can't sell a bare digipak without it being in a slipbox...
I'm not a fan of digipaks, I'll take regular BD cases any day.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MOONPHASE (12-09-2017), neoz (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 03:19 AM   #33329
Girls With Guns Girls With Guns is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Girls With Guns's Avatar
 
May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA
32
462
144
9
Default

And I import almost all my anime from Japan and the UK specifically for the digipaks, just to avoid those ugly, flimsy, eco Blu-ray keepcases and horrid o-card slips. I hate them both with a passion.
Nona From Death Parade

Last edited by Girls With Guns; 12-08-2017 at 05:30 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:47 AM   #33330
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1566
7
77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness2918 View Post
I'm not a fan of digipaks, I'll take regular BD cases any day.
Non BD eco cases forever. Digicraps no thanks. They are just as bad as eco cases. It's all fun and games till you bend a corner and are sol.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ


RIP ironsmile35
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
darkness2918 (12-08-2017), professorwho (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #33331
OtheA OtheA is offline
Junior Member
 
Aug 2017
119
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness2918 View Post
I've been to B&N and can confirm they do this (at least in my nearest store) as I've seen them do it. It was the release week of Shin Godzilla & they were tossing those slips along with others in the trash before putting the movies on the shelf.
So do the cases not come in the slips out of the box or do they come separate? I just can't understand why they would take a slip off to throw it in the trash, where I can see how a lazy employee wouldn't want to insert a case into a slip before putting it on the shelf.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #33332
Lionel Horsepackage Lionel Horsepackage is offline
Expert Member
 
Lionel Horsepackage's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Room 303, The Heart o' the City Hotel
Send a message via AIM to Lionel Horsepackage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
I never really had that problem with Best Buy on release week ever and Summer Wars actually did not have enough copies with slipcovers made. It's kind of a collector's item of sorts to have the slipcover with artcards with the original release because of how rare it is.
I have the original Summer Wars BD with slip, but mine didn't come with the artcards (ordered through an online retailer).
"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:35 PM   #33333
KillaCam KillaCam is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
KillaCam's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
2664
241
75
Default

Only the Hosoda Collection version has art cards.
LG OLED65C7P - LG SJ9+H7x2 (Dolby Atmos) - Oppo UDP 203
Samsung UN55JS7000 - Samsung HW J550 - Samsung UBD K8500

Digital Codes For Sale
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:41 PM   #33334
gundamcero gundamcero is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
gundamcero's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
US
49
136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
Only the Hosoda Collection version has art cards.
Not true. My original copy when first released has art cards. It was limited to first pressings.

Last edited by gundamcero; 12-08-2017 at 08:47 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
alvarez468 (12-08-2017), Nostalgic Twilight (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #33335
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1566
7
77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
Not true. My original copy when first released has art cards. It was limited to first pressings.
I can also confirm that my original Summer Wars has artcards as well. Yeah the slip and the artcards were hard to get a hold of.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ


RIP ironsmile35
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #33336
KillaCam KillaCam is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
KillaCam's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
2664
241
75
Default

Oh, well I guess I was mistaken.
LG OLED65C7P - LG SJ9+H7x2 (Dolby Atmos) - Oppo UDP 203
Samsung UN55JS7000 - Samsung HW J550 - Samsung UBD K8500

Digital Codes For Sale
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #33337
alvarez468 alvarez468 is online now
Power Member
 
alvarez468's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time
940
66
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
I can also confirm that my original Summer Wars has artcards as well. Yeah the slip and the artcards were hard to get a hold of.
I remember that. Not enough slipcovers and art cards to meet demand. I remember Funimation sent me the DVD slip the first time and then they finally sent me the Blu-ray slip after that lol.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
"I guess we were all just hungry"- Joe Toy
"good will always triumph"- Kai
“Cause thats what real brothers do whether their blood relatives or not they look out for each other. Those guys may have been related, but they weren't brothers there's a difference.”-Tom Mason
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:34 PM   #33338
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1566
7
77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post
I remember that. Not enough slipcovers and art cards to meet demand. I remember Funimation sent me the DVD slip the first time and then they finally sent me the Blu-ray slip after that lol.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I almost feel like they actually sent out artcards to those that missed it.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ


RIP ironsmile35
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:44 PM   #33339
alvarez468 alvarez468 is online now
Power Member
 
alvarez468's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time
940
66
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
I almost feel like they actually sent out artcards to those that missed it.
Yea they did,when they sent me the slip they gave me the art cards as well.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
"I guess we were all just hungry"- Joe Toy
"good will always triumph"- Kai
“Cause thats what real brothers do whether their blood relatives or not they look out for each other. Those guys may have been related, but they weren't brothers there's a difference.”-Tom Mason
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
neoz (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 11:59 PM   #33340
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1566
7
77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post
Yea they did,when they sent me the slip they gave me the art cards as well.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I feel like there was PSA about it as well. They were like it is limited to request now or miss out. lol
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.

Site FAQ


RIP ironsmile35
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
alvarez468 (12-09-2017)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The OFFICIAL Asian films on Blu-ray (USA releases) Blu-ray Movies - North America kndy 30 06-07-2017 04:48 AM
Netflix & Anime Blu-ray Releases Blu-ray Movies - North America Tyrindor 7 07-30-2010 08:55 PM
The OFFICIAL Asian films on Blu-ray (USA releases) Blu-ray Movies - North America kndy 0 06-05-2009 04:15 PM
HK blu-ray releases vs. USA? Which to get ie Twilight/8 Mile? Asia yobeech 10 05-07-2009 01:29 AM
OFFICIAL USA SteelBook™ releases Blu-ray SteelBooks DeyoreW 3 11-18-2008 05:43 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 PM.