Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mr. Robot: Season 3.0 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

A Quiet Place 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Army of Darkness (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
A Few Good Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Dark Crystal 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 12-07-2017, 04:09 AM   #101

Dec 2017

I watched this last night and I thought the movie looked great. I just bought the regular blu ray and while I'm not a DNR expert I didn't think anyone looked waxy as a lot of people are suggesting, ok maybe the bar scene Arnold looked a little bit waxy but for the rest of the movie he looked fine.

To be honest I don't mind grain being removed to give me a clearer picture and yes a little more grain might bring out some more finer details but this is the best T2 has looked and I'm happy with it. They also fixed a lot of movie mistakes which makes this better as well.
Thanks given by:
Daredevil666 (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 11:08 AM   #102
Power Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
I've only seen reviews of the 4K disc.. are we assuming (or has it been confirmed) the BD disc included in the UHD set is the new master, with seamless branching, or is it just the remastered Theatrical cut.... or, is it just the Skynet Edition disc repackaged?
Theatrical Cut on 1080pBD is the new master with Skynet Transfer for Seamless branching.
When the Theatrical starts, there is a credit that acknowledges the 3D version in a title card (and obviously all 3 cuts do, due to seamless branching).

I watched the end of the ESE and one could see the PQ quality change from the end of the last scene seen in the Theatrical (John and Sarah standing over the smelter) and then watching the extra long ending (with both Sarah and John very old in a playground).

As stated before, in the main menu it states something like: “For highest picture quality please watch the Theatrical Cut”

While the PQ still looks DNR’d, there appears to be more fine detail (Studio Canal using a better DNR program?) and it is not as waxy or washed out as the Skynet Edition.

Will definitely be seeking to offload the Skynet copy (whether through gifting or selling dirt cheap on EBay).
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

With Film & TV on Blu-Ray, you own it... With streaming, your just renting.

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR

Last edited by Rick Grimes; 12-11-2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Altered language in 1st Paragraph for better clarification
Old 12-11-2017, 10:42 AM   #103
Special Member

Sep 2012
Sydney Australia

Disappointing release. The extended scenes are taken from the DNR'd master. They did not remaster the extended scenes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia