Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lego The Incredibles (Switch)
$39.99

Bayonetta 2 (Switch)
$51.77

Payday 2 (Switch)
$28.30
19 hrs ago
Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)
$54.89

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch)
$53.85

Kirby: Star Allies (Switch)
$48.99

LEGO City Undercover (Switch)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 (Switch)
$30.99

Octopath Traveler (Switch)
$59.88
22 hrs ago
WWE 2K18 (Switch)
$18.99

Hyrule Warriors (Switch)
$54.84

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 01-03-2018, 01:43 AM   #6461
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Can someone explain why the JoyCons are so hated around here? Personally I like them.
The buttons are teeny tiny and the right analog stick is directly below the buttons instead of a little to the left. Your thumb can’t move naturally when going from buttons to stick and back to buttons. Also the travel distance is shallow when compared to the Pro Controller.
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
Films I'd like to see on Blu-Ray Disc:
Scarface (1932)
ABC Weekend Specials (1977–1995) [TV Movies]

I don’t believe anyone that refuses to post a source, they just like spreading FUD.
If you're not part of the solution, you’re part of the precipitate.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:44 AM   #6462
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012
Denmark

The Joy-Cons make a terrible controller. They're nice if you want to do 3-player co-op in that Phantom Breaker beat'em-up, but aside from that I'd never, ever choose it over my pro controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
The buttons are teeny tiny and the right analog stick is directly below the buttons instead of a little to the left. Your thumb can’t move naturally when going from buttons to stick and back to buttons. Also the travel distance is shallow when compared to the Pro Controller.
I played Xenoblade for about 15 minutes before I ordered a pro controller.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:48 AM   #6463
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
For me it’s because they’re too ****ing small, and I don’t even have large hands.
Really? I mean I probably have average sized hands. Not large but also not Trump-sized small. The controllers work fine for me.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #6464
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Latest rumour suggests GTA V and RDR port will be announced as well as footage of Metroid Prime 4 co developed by Bandai Namco a new animal crossing game as well as news on the new Pokemon RPG.

Dark Souls, Dragon Ball FighterZ, the home invasion horror game Hello Neighbor and Hearthstone are also said to be part of the 18 or so titles.

https://gamerant.com/grand-theft-aut...o-switch-leak/
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Thanks given by:
captveg (01-03-2018), Heapashifter (01-04-2018), Petey Parker (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 08:34 AM   #6465
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I wonder what the possibility of Nintendo releasing new docks to add more power whilst on the big screen would be?

I can't see Nintendo releasing tablet refreshes every few years like they always did with their dedicated handhelds. Maybe a new dock is the better option? After all Sony and Microsoft seem to think mid gen upgrades are a thing now. I don't think a mid gen refresh would bring that much to the switch tablet itself other than it getting cheaper due to reduction in cost in parts used over time. And the benefits of more power in the tablet probably wouldn't be that noticeable on the small screen.

Surely it would be cheaper to improve the dock and it's abilities to improve big screen gaming.
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:38 AM   #6466
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

What could you put in the dock to improve system performance? All the hardware is in the screen. I don’t think you could just add an updated system on a chip and/or more ram just like that. I also don’t think Nintendo wants to fragment their user base even if people without an enhanced dock can still play all games. They’d have to make it worth while power wise for people to invest more then the current expensive price of a dock without hardware and they’ve never been one to release high priced add-ons. That’s was SEGA’s MO in the past. I just don’t see it happening without making a slightly upgraded entire unit that still plays past games like they’ve done with their handhelds so far.

I also read a rumor Konami wants to bring out its WiiWare remakes on Switch. I’d welcome those along with some of the Hudson Soft ones.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #6467
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
they’ve never been one to release high priced add-ons.
e-Reader for Gameboy Advance.
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
Scarface (1932)

I don’t believe anyone that refuses to post a source, they just like spreading FUD.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #6468
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Latest rumour suggests GTA V and RDR port will be announced as well as footage of Metroid Prime 4 co developed by Bandai Namco a new animal crossing game as well as news on the new Pokemon RPG.

Dark Souls, Dragon Ball FighterZ, the home invasion horror game Hello Neighbor and Hearthstone are also said to be part of the 18 or so titles.

This is sourced to some dude on Reddit who seems sketchy. Not sure how much stock I'd put in this. Though the rumored titles seem plausible.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #6469
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
e-Reader for Gameboy Advance.
I should have clarified "to boost system performance" because all that did was dole out dlc before digital store fonts right?
Old 01-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #6470
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
I should have clarified "to boost system performance" because all that did was dole out dlc before digital store fonts right?
No, that’s not all it did. You’re thinking of the Animal Crossing cards, but it wasn’t limited to that.

You could play old NES games on it too, as well as specially marked Pokémon cards that has games on them (for example there was a Rapidash card that let you play a mini game featuring Rapidash).

Before its release, Nintendo promised the entire Game&Watch series would be on cards for the e-Reader, and they only released one before cancelling the it.
Scarface (1932)

Old 01-03-2018, 05:07 PM   #6471
Special Member

Jul 2010

Quote:

I’d be all over a RDR remastered port, but I’m sure it would come to PS4 as well.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:34 PM   #6472
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtu128 View Post
I’d be all over a RDR remastered port, but I’m sure it would come to PS4 as well.
Could be why they R* haven't announced it for PS4 and Xbox yet. Might be keeping it as a surprise for the Direct next week.

I know the guys track record isn't 100% not many people are, but he did predict the TMNT DLC for Injustice 2.

Personally I could see GTA V being released, somehow it's still selling millions even though it's been out for 4 and a half years! I'm sure getting a Switch release would boost sales even more. I can't think of a game that has continued to sell as well so many years after release. Plus R* are already showing the love with LA Noire, so GTA and RDR would be right at home. I would get an RDR remaster on PS4 though. I would skip pretty much every 3rd party game on Switch. Only got it for the exclusives.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:43 PM   #6473
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
I can't think of a game that has continued to sell as well so many years after release.
Agreed and it's usually not at a bargain bin price. From what I've noticed it hovers around $30-40.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:57 PM   #6474
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
I wonder what the possibility of Nintendo releasing new docks to add more power whilst on the big screen would be?

I can't see Nintendo releasing tablet refreshes every few years like they always did with their dedicated handhelds. Maybe a new dock is the better option? After all Sony and Microsoft seem to think mid gen upgrades are a thing now. I don't think a mid gen refresh would bring that much to the switch tablet itself other than it getting cheaper due to reduction in cost in parts used over time. And the benefits of more power in the tablet probably wouldn't be that noticeable on the small screen.

Surely it would be cheaper to improve the dock and it's abilities to improve big screen gaming.
Even if that were technically possible (which I'm not even sure if it is), I don't think that would be a smart decision by Nintendo. Other than the slight resolution bump from 720p to 1080p, there has to be 100% synergy between the big screen and hand held experiences on all Switch games. Otherwise Nintendo would be creating unnecessary complications with game development, forcing companies to start developing multiple performance levels for every Switch game. I don't think companies want to do that and considering how shaky 3rd party development has been for Nintendo up to this point, the last thing they would want to do right now is upset the apple cart.
"Live in your hopes, not in your fears."
Old 01-03-2018, 06:00 PM   #6475
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Really? I mean I probably have average sized hands. Not large but also not Trump-sized small. The controllers work fine for me.
For me it's not so much that I "hate" the JoyCons. I just think the Pro controller is THAT much better. I like the larger buttons and ergonomically, it feels so comfortable in my hands.
"Live in your hopes, not in your fears."
Old 01-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #6476
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
For me it's not so much that I "hate" the JoyCons. I just think the Pro controller is THAT much better. I like the larger buttons and ergonomically, it feels so comfortable in my hands.
Mostly this for me.

Though I do find the JoyCon on the grip pretty cramped. They're ok attached in portable mode, but I almost never play portably (no interest in gaming outside the house and don't share my gaming tv set up with anyone).

Also not a huge fan of the smaller sticks and the buttons being right under the right stick. Not having a true d-pad, and the position of the buttons on the left analog, suck for 2D games as well IMO. So yeah, I guess I like them less than you having thought more about it.

Moot in any case since I play docked with Pro pad 99% of the time. I'm pretty picky about controllers and spoiled by the Xbox One Elite controller I use on PC.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #6477
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:

They were rumors since back in April that Nintendo and Nvidia had some sort of Graphics Amplifier dock in the works... even with leaks from the plant in China that these devices had been sent out to developers shortly after the Switch was released.

If they do go that route, then that device is probably going to cost anywhere from $100-$200 and might not be as cheap as people think.
The battle is hopeless... There is no beating the Pigeon Boys.
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin http://steamcommunity.com/id/RaijinUT, Origin: Raijins, Switch: SW-0685-8595-0597
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
Old 01-04-2018, 05:30 PM   #6478
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

I would be shocked if we see a RDR but who knows... maybe Rockstar has finally agreed that there is a need for a remaster edition.

And I would say that GTA V for the Switch is a given and is only a matter of time until this is announced (between now and E3).
The battle is hopeless... There is no beating the Pigeon Boys.
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin http://steamcommunity.com/id/RaijinUT, Origin: Raijins, Switch: SW-0685-8595-0597
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
Old 01-04-2018, 06:47 PM   #6479
Special Member

Mar 2015
A pineapple under the sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Forget the JoyCons and get the Pro Controller.
I have kids, so I need an extra set of Joy-Cons...eventually. When I hook it up to the TV I put the Joy-Cons in the gaming controller adapter. I can't get use to using them like Wii remotes. haha.

Thank you to all the generous members on this site. Your kindness is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #6480
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2012
New York

Video discussing the hardware hack.

Scarface (1932)

Thanks given by:
MCS (01-04-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switch™