Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Far Cry 5 (Xbox One)
$52.45

Dynasty Warriors 9 (Xbox One)
$19.83

Assassin's Creed Origins (Xbox One)
$29.99

Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Xbox One)
$19.99

WWE 2K18 (Xbox One)
$29.99

WWE 2K18 (Xbox One)
$39.99

Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Xbox One)
$29.99

Final Fantasy XV (Xbox One)
$39.00

Burnout Paradise (Xbox One)
$29.99

Past Cure (Xbox One)
$18.55
11 hrs ago
Sea of Thieves (Xbox One)
$55.99
11 hrs ago
WRC 7 (Xbox One)
$22.19
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 01-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #1
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Default Xbox One Kinect game recommendations for kids?

So I'm not much of a gamer, but decided to try a One X several weeks ago. I can't really get into the complexity of most games, but I'm guessing my kids (5 and 7) will start taking to it.

I found a pre-owned Kinect at GameStop for $16, and have a power supply for $10 that I'm gonna hack together. My kids have done Kinect before, so I'm sure they'll enjoy that.

Any recommendations for younger kids, for titles I can purchase via xbox.com? I prefer digital copies, and have some MS store credit I can burn up.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:29 PM   #2

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

well there's always Sonic, those can be hard though, but the Lego games are all fun as hell.
some are easier than others like batman 3 is a really great game but can be hard. you can get killed thousands of times like i do in it but can get your life back in seconds no end of game in those until you shut it off. long levels as well.

Super Lucky Tales i do own but i haven't played much of. for you Cuphead that's hard as hell but you might like that, as for the kids there's always wheel of fortune which can get hard but you can't go wrong with helping them out with what it could be.

i'm 39 and pretty much buy what i want. but i only have 14 games for my one X. so the rest of my games i wouldn't give to an age group to play. but i'm sure there are others
i have Transformers Devastation which is a hard game but i dunno how good your kids are at games. but than i was playing Super Mario bros. at age 10 and i still haven't beat that one lol.

i dunno what else they have off the top of my head but does anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
Expert Member

Oct 2017

Yeah, I did get Super Lucky's Tale and they seem to like it OK. I'm 42 and some of these games are just too hard. I'm more of a Galaga kinda guy, ha.

Any ideas on Kinect games that I can buy on xbox.com?
Old 01-03-2018, 11:35 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

If you are looking for specific Kinect games my 8 year old son really enjoys Disneyland Adventures on the 360, which I believe is backwards compatible for the One? I remember seeing it when I was going through the sales recently. There is also a Clone Wars game, but he doesn't play that one as much. So that might be just him. I'd probably play it more if I wasn't playing my One these days. For specific games, he likes Sonic, Pac-Man, Lego games and the Cars or any Disney game. He still plays Infinity despite it being more or less defunct now.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?

Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
Old 01-04-2018, 02:18 AM   #5
Expert Member

Oct 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
If you are looking for specific Kinect games my 8 year old son really enjoys Disneyland Adventures on the 360, which I believe is backwards compatible for the One? I remember seeing it when I was going through the sales recently. There is also a Clone Wars game, but he doesn't play that one as much. So that might be just him. I'd probably play it more if I wasn't playing my One these days. For specific games, he likes Sonic, Pac-Man, Lego games and the Cars or any Disney game. He still plays Infinity despite it being more or less defunct now.
Thanks. I will go take a look for Disneyland Adventures. And Clone Wars on Kinect sounds kinda fun (for me )
Old 01-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #6

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

that disneyland game which shit i may buy for myself as well has an option from my understanding that you can either use the kinect or the controller the 360 version of that doesn't have that though. and please correct me if i'm wrong but they really didn't put that many games out that really used it that much did they? i mean by my observation they stopped giving a damn about it at some point.

i have a feeling you are kind of like me, a game like Devil may care for example is just to damn hard for me but it's easy for others. and they can beat it in so many hours,

i'm the kind of guy that normally puts it on Easy mode when it comes to games. it's not because i'm a ***** or anything like that, it's cause some games like you said are said are just to damn hard. if you want a good laugh i had one game set on Easy i think it was Uncharted on the PS4 one of them anyways and a friend of mine cause i have a PS4
as well.

anyways he was like the day before making fun of me cause i had set it on Easy. but yet he was having trouble with Uncharted and it was set on easy. that's when i was making fun of him for making fun of me.

for Sonic i hear the newest one sucks though i don't own it but the one Sonic Mania i hear is good. but i also hear it can be hard. i have a game on to make you feel a bit better about yourself Sonic Boom 3 i forget the title of it to be honest for game cube and i still have my game cube in fact. and it has a shit ton of sonic games on it and none of them i am good at the boss always ends up killing me on any stage.

but how good are your kids at games? and it is i think very good that you are paying attention to the ratings as not all parents do that. a game that does have an easy mode but can be hard as hell in any mode are the arkham games. the last one is rated M but that's for story. Arkham Knight can be hard i set mine on easy mode and i still need help.

but on that one there's swearing and the storyline is dark so hence the rating. there is no nudity or sex in the arkham games i dunno about the Tell tale games as i have not played those yet. but also check out some games on you tube and watch some of the walkthrough's too.

i do that and that can help me decide if i want a game or not. for example for the PS4 i was considering getting Horizon Zero Dawn and i watched a playthrough on that and it just wasn't a game i was interested in. to each their own who love it but it wasn't for me ya know?

anyways i don't own a Kinect but if i recall there are a couple Harry Potter games that are on it. cause i remember there's one i have that does use the Kinect but that's also a game i have not gotten that far on. as i don't own one of those myself.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:58 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Bruce Wayne lives in my attic

Fruit Ninja for the One is fun, my kids still play it. Whatever iteration of Kinect Sports they have for the one has a few fun games, main attraction on it is bowling.
Samsung UN65MU8000 - Xbox One X Scorpio Edition - Denon X1200W - Logitech Harmony Ultimate One
Old 01-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #8
Expert Member

Oct 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
Fruit Ninja for the One is fun, my kids still play it. Whatever iteration of Kinect Sports they have for the one has a few fun games, main attraction on it is bowling.
Good tip. I read the reviews on Fruit Ninja and a lot of people acted like it didn't work/download?

I did buy the Disneyland Adventures for Kinect, but it will be a few days until I can hack the hardware together.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:11 AM   #9

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

they i think will love it cause i watched some game play on you tube recently and it does look like a game i would have loved if i was their age.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:18 AM   #10
Expert Member

Oct 2017

Well I got the Kinect hacked and working tonight

Loaded up Disneyland Adventures for about 5 minutes. Seems like the only Kinect feature is to talk to make your selections?
Old 01-06-2018, 04:21 AM   #11

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

i don't own it so i dunno check out you tube walk throughs in setting it up maybe?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One