Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.33
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.54
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.00
Jurassic Park Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Ocean Predators 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.46
Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.18
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.49
The Lion of Judah 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Pixels 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.64
Jack the Giant Slayer 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.85
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D TVs, Projectors and Displays


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
wildbill722 wildbill722 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2017
Default If you waited...

Sad day that I never thought would happen.

If you have been waiting to pick up an LG OLED 65 OR 77 YOU MAY HAVE WAITED TOO LONG.

Amazon was the last place i saw them for sale, and they are all gone except for a 77 that want $27k for.

We are all very lucky when our tvs go down we will still be able to buy a 3d projector!

But is definitely the end of an era as for 3d tvs.
LG OLED 77 G6P WITH OPPO 203 REGION FREE
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
Indy64 Indy64 is offline
Active Member
 
Indy64's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
Default

Speaking of.

No 3D. It's all about picture quality and Google (or similar) integration now. s in "Smart home" stuff. 3D at home is dead as far as TV's 99% of the public buys.

https://www.androidcentral.com/lg-tv...-processor-ces
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
gazadams gazadams is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2015
Default

until Avatar 2 kicks it off again
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GreatGreg (01-04-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 05:12 PM   #4
Indy64 Indy64 is offline
Active Member
 
Indy64's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
Default

Yeah, not gonna happen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #5
gazadams gazadams is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2015
Default

Sony KD-65ZD9BU with 3d support
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GreatGreg (01-04-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 07:09 PM   #6
Indy64 Indy64 is offline
Active Member
 
Indy64's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
Default

From 2016?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #7
wildbill722 wildbill722 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazadams View Post
Sony KD-65ZD9BU with 3d support
Lengthy review from Flatpanelshd article on ZD9:

"Unlike the cheaper Sony TVs, their flagship TV comes bundled with 3D glasses but unfortunately we must conclude that we would rather have lived in blissful ignorance when it comes to the TVís 3D performance because it is really nothing to get excited about. There is excruciating amount of crosstalk in 3D pictures and the glasses produced some flicker at the top of the picture, which we were unable to fix through settings. It did not help to use another pair of glasses either. So while Z9D may be one of the last remaining high-end TVs with 3D, it is certainly not a good choice for enjoying your collection of 3D movies."

And unfortunately it is active, which is not a deal breaker, but with the above I was afraid to use it as "3d insurance." Still 9 left on Amazon, which is good, if you want some insurance, but makes me worry that there are virtually no lg oled with 3d left, and 9 of these.
LG OLED 77 G6P WITH OPPO 203 REGION FREE
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:26 PM   #8
Indy64 Indy64 is offline
Active Member
 
Indy64's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
Default

A huge $3500 gamble for sure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:51 PM   #9
wildbill722 wildbill722 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2017
Default

Yeah, as I felt with a lot of signs coming from other Sony 3d models last year, that they had already abandoned the 3d market; I believe there were major problems for the 930 and 940 as to 3d?
LG OLED 77 G6P WITH OPPO 203 REGION FREE
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #10
DJR662 DJR662 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
Lengthy review from Flatpanelshd article on ZD9:

"Unlike the cheaper Sony TVs, their flagship TV comes bundled with 3D glasses but unfortunately we must conclude that we would rather have lived in blissful ignorance when it comes to the TVís 3D performance because it is really nothing to get excited about. There is excruciating amount of crosstalk in 3D pictures and the glasses produced some flicker at the top of the picture, which we were unable to fix through settings. It did not help to use another pair of glasses either. So while Z9D may be one of the last remaining high-end TVs with 3D, it is certainly not a good choice for enjoying your collection of 3D movies."

And unfortunately it is active, which is not a deal breaker, but with the above I was afraid to use it as "3d insurance." Still 9 left on Amazon, which is good, if you want some insurance, but makes me worry that there are virtually no lg oled with 3d left, and 9 of these.
As a Z9D owner, I do not agree what has been said about the 3D in that review. Couple of other Z9D owners on here however, have also expressed their disappointment with the 3D picture.

Perhaps it's settings related or something else, I don't know. Apart from the ocassional crosstalk here and there, I'm very happy with the 3D picture! No flicker on my set either.
HT living room: Sony VPL-VW260ES | 104" Projecta Elpro Concept screen | Sony 75XD9405 | Panasonic DMP-UB900 | Sony BDP-S790 (Region free) | Sony STR-DN1070 | B&W 5.1 setup
HT bedroom: Sony 65ZD9 | Sony UBP-X800 (Region free) | Sony STR-DN1050 | Boston Acoustics 5.1 setup
Gaming: PlayStation 4 Pro | PlayStation VR | Xbox 360 | Xbox One | Wii | Wii U | New Nintendo 3DS XL
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #11
wildbill722 wildbill722 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
As a Z9D owner, I do not agree what has been said about the 3D in that review. Couple of other Z9D owners on here however, have also expressed their disappointment with the 3D picture.

Perhaps it's settings related or something else, I don't know. Apart from the ocassional crosstalk here and there, I'm very happy with the 3D picture! No flicker on my set either.
Glad you got a 3d tv you are happy with before the end of 3d tvs! I personally like Sony products very much. Love the picture on the z9d. Take good care of it!!
LG OLED 77 G6P WITH OPPO 203 REGION FREE
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #12
BLMN BLMN is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2011
Southern NH
354
37
7
Default

Good riddance, the price never went down specially the 77 model a
Whooping 14k+ For that high price i rather start investing in projectors.
TVs: Mitsubishi WD65C9 + 3DC-1000 Kit, Mitsubishi WD82738
HT: Onkyo HT-S9400 THX 7.1
Bluray/DVD: Sony BDP-S6500(Multi region), Oppo DV-980H
Gaming: PS3 60GB 1st Gen., PS4 Launch Edition, PSVR Bundle, PS4 Pro
Streaming: ChromeCast, Roku 2 XS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:36 PM   #13
Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD is offline
Member
 
Jan 2017
Default

I stocked up and bought the 65" 65C6P and 86" 86UH9500. I'm very happy with the picture quality and 3d performance of both. I considered projectors, but I prefer the passive 3d, better 4k hdr, and better general brightness performance of these TVs.

I feel this 86" model is a pretty darn good balance between passive 3d, 4k hdr, large size, good tv picture quality, and price. I was hoping the new 77" C8 OLED would bring back 3d and make a larger 3d OLED tv more affordable.. but that seems unlikely (that they will include 3d).

I hope they bring back 3d to the LG lineup in the future. It's sad, because the 3d looks better than ever on these sets combined with some recent 3d blurays like guardians of the galaxy, etc.

If anybody out there is considering 3d tvs... I highly recommend the 65c6p (or similar 2016 OLED 3d model)for top OLED 3d.. the 86uh9500 for arguably the best large screen passive 3d quality... or the 77g6p for largest OLED 3d quality at a premium price. I'd buy any of these models over 2017/2018 non-3d tvs.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dannysafter (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 06:58 PM   #14
Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD is offline
Member
 
Jan 2017
Default

I think that there is a good chance a few tvs will stay in the market over the next years as there are still a few now. There is still a steady minority 3d following among consumers, manufacturers, theaters, directors, etc that appreciate 3d especially since the OLED tvs and theater laser projectors can do 3d really well and immersively the best it's ever been with finally minimal or almost no picture quality tradeoffs.

I'm hoping the reinsert 3d on 1 OLED model at least and keep a few of the major theater showings that do 3d well. I think avatar will def help 3d if they can ever release it. Maybe glasses free 3d one day. I think they just have to market 3d as alternative technology in parallel to 2d and not try to force it on people that don't like it and of course don't push it as better than 2d but again rather as an alternative immersive option. And if it ever makes a solid combback they have to make 3d content available in ways competitive with 2d content... 2d content is easier to stream on Netflix and rent at Redbox.. where 3d content is only available from buying new blurays and vudu stream around $15-30.. of course average person is going to watch 2d Netflix for $9 unlimited per month or rent cheaper 2d movies for $2-3 instead of $25 for one 3d movie.

Last edited by Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD; 01-05-2018 at 07:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:50 PM   #15
wildbill722 wildbill722 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD View Post
I stocked up and bought the 65" 65C6P and 86" 86UH9500. I'm very happy with the picture quality and 3d performance of both. I considered projectors, but I prefer the passive 3d, better 4k hdr, and better general brightness performance of these TVs.

I feel this 86" model is a pretty darn good balance between passive 3d, 4k hdr, large size, good tv picture quality, and price. I was hoping the new 77" C8 OLED would bring back 3d and make a larger 3d OLED tv more affordable.. but that seems unlikely (that they will include 3d).

I hope they bring back 3d to the LG lineup in the future. It's sad, because the 3d looks better than ever on these sets combined with some recent 3d blurays like guardians of the galaxy, etc.

If anybody out there is considering 3d tvs... I highly recommend the 65c6p (or similar 2016 OLED 3d model)for top OLED 3d.. the 86uh9500 for arguably the best large screen passive 3d quality... or the 77g6p for largest OLED 3d quality at a premium price. I'd buy any of these models over 2017/2018 non-3d tvs.
Check out Amazon. The lg oled 65 c6p is now unavailable. That was it. Congratulations!

Don't you feel relieved that you are gold for the next two decades? I would not be a happy camper now if I was relying on a 5 year old 3d tv now. Because once they go, you are out of luck. No more 3d for you.

I suspect there will be a lot of sour grapes as people realize all the 3d tvs are gone, and they waited too long. And unfortunately for most people projectors just won't work; not enough room, too much darkness needed to duplicate tv brightness, cross talk, active technology only, and some say a picture quality different from the lgs. But at least they will be available to the persons who can put them to use. But for most of us, they are a different animal than tvs and just not what most want.


For a life without 3d is a life without sunshine. And for me, life would be a little less sunny without 3d in it.
LG OLED 77 G6P WITH OPPO 203 REGION FREE
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #16
Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD is offline
Member
 
Jan 2017
Default

Sorry I went on a tangent! I am very thankful I bought these 3d tvs when I did.

There are at least a few options remaining on eBay and Craigslist if willing to accept the risk. I have bought tvs through both of these avenues in the past without problem. I'd rather encourage buying it new from a retailer, but as you said sadly no choice now on the 65C6P. But I personally would easily buy the 65C6P on eBay over a non-3d 2017/2018 tv on Amazon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:45 PM   #17
8traxrule 8traxrule is offline
Expert Member
 
Jul 2009
Default

There WAS some 3D content on Netflix for a while, but very few devices could access it. There still aren’t many devices that support Vudu in 3D. There’s a laundry list of problems with the way 3D movies were distributed in general, if they had really wanted it to succeed with the mainstream they should have done a lot of things differently!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #18
Cplhicks Cplhicks is offline
Power Member
 
Cplhicks's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
1014
933
196
124
8
Default

Stupid question-- been thinking about getting one of the 2016 LGs on Ebay. If it's new, will LG still honor the warranty given it's a 2016 model? And these are capable of Dolby Vision?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #19
Indy64 Indy64 is offline
Active Member
 
Indy64's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
Default

No way you'd get a warranty on a used 2016 model. At best the original warranty was a year from original purchase date. I figured that was common knowledge ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #20
8traxrule 8traxrule is offline
Expert Member
 
Jul 2009
Default

My 75UH8500 has Dolby Vision, not that it makes a huge difference. Not impressed with 4K at all as long as it’s only in 2D.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D TVs, Projectors and Displays


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 AM.