Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Black Hawk Down (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Inception 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Sandlot (Blu-ray)
$7.21
Wonder (Blu-ray)
$18.96
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Hammer Films Double Feature: Never Take Candy from a Stranger/Scream of Fear (Blu-ray)
$8.11
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Earth: One Amazing Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Brooklyn (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Dark Crystal (Blu-ray)
$14.12
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Justice League (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 12-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #81
Special Member

Dec 2011

Are the Bruce Lee titles upgrades over the other editions I've read about. The description says they are from new 4K scans.

And what's up with shipping saying $999,999.99? I'd like to get more than 4 titles but wasn't able to make the cheaper shipping a normal price with more than 4 items. That shipping is no joke per item, damn. Like $6/item even for the cheapie shipping.
Alice In Wonderland Amazon Exclusive w/film cell frame FS/FT

My FS/FT thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=214105
Old 12-21-2017, 05:30 PM   #82
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Are the Bruce Lee titles upgrades over the other editions I've read about. The description says they are from new 4K scans.

And what's up with shipping saying $999,999.99? I'd like to get more than 4 titles but wasn't able to make the cheaper shipping a normal price with more than 4 items. That shipping is no joke per item, damn. Like $6/item even for the cheapie shipping.
Not quite sure if you got it completely figured out but, as someone here told me, once you hit a certain number, you have to select the EMS shipping.
Robert the Bruce: Lands, titles, men, power…nothing.
Robert’s father: Nothing?
Robert the Bruce: I have nothing. Men fight for me because if they do not, I throw them off my land and I starve their wives and children. Those men who bled the ground red at Falkirk fought for William Wallace. He fights for something that I never had. And I took it from him, when I betrayed him. I saw it in his face on the battlefield and it’s tearing me apart.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:08 PM   #83
Expert Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr7936 View Post
I got my police story and mich better tommorrow trilogy sets today. Cant watch till next week but the way they package is crazy. Each package had so much bubble wrap
I had them in my cart since beginning of sale but not decided yet due to bad revs on discs. Do you got chance to check them? Are these really DVD up scales. Appreciate your thought on both these sets.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
The middle of nowhere, USA

FWIW ... I just placed an order for The Pianist.
So many blurays, so little time.

First blu-ray purchase - "Jason and the Argonauts" on July 6, 2010.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #85

Aug 2014

Quote:
My understanding is that they are 4K scans but the Shout releases have the advantage that they have the original mono audio tracks. I don't have any of them, so don't take my word for it: check the specs.

Quote:
Over a certain number of titles (calculated by weigh IIRC), the shipping blows up like that. You have to experiment. Also, Korea Post is the cheapest shipping, but if you select too many titles shipping defaults to EMS, which is more expensive.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #86
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Redlands, CA

Got all my orders. Maybe 2 more titles and i'm done
codes for sale (4K and HD)
clicky
Old 12-28-2017, 03:38 AM   #87

Dec 2017

I was wondering if anyone who has purchased the "plain edition" of The Pianist included in this sale from Nova Media could tell me if the English (forced?) subtitles appear automatically during the parts spoken in German, or if you have to manually enable English subtitles during these scenes.

Thanks!

Cool forum by the way.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:51 PM   #88

Jan 2011
The windy burbs

Just placed another order for 5 titles... just in the nick of time, as the sale ends on Saturday. Thanks again, Gorgon!
My Blu ray wish list: Breakdown; Mediterraneo; Blood In Blood Out; Idiocracy; Open Range; Death to Smoochy; Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit; Carbon Copy; Hero (Dustin Hoffman); The Villain (Kirk Douglas); My Favorite Year

Available for trade
Old 12-31-2017, 10:00 PM   #89
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Just want to confirm that this sale is over. They have the banner up on their site still but the prices are the regular prices. I do know that where ever Nova is, they're at least half a day ahead of the States so it's already the new year there. I went back and forth several times, waited and hesitated and ultimately missed out. Guess it wasn't meant to be this time.
Robert the Bruce: I have nothing. Men fight for me because if they do not, I throw them off my land and I starve their wives and children. Those men who bled the ground red at Falkirk fought for William Wallace. He fights for something that I never had. And I took it from him, when I betrayed him. I saw it in his face on the battlefield and it’s tearing me apart.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:07 AM   #90
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Redlands, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
Just want to confirm that this sale is over. They have the banner up on their site still but the prices are the regular prices. I do know that where ever Nova is, they're at least half a day ahead of the States so it's already the new year there. I went back and forth several times, waited and hesitated and ultimately missed out. Guess it wasn't meant to be this time.
I have purchased 14 titles during the sale lol
clicky
Thanks given by:
civiclx (01-01-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 05:09 PM   #91
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles22 View Post
I was wondering if anyone who has purchased the "plain edition" of The Pianist included in this sale from Nova Media could tell me if the English (forced?) subtitles appear automatically during the parts spoken in German, or if you have to manually enable English subtitles during these scenes.

Thanks!

Cool forum by the way.
I just received my order for The Pianist and popped it in to find out the answer to your question. The English subtitles do not appear automatically for the parts spoken in German ... but they do appear when manually enabled using the subtitles option.

I'm very impressed by the bluray packaging ... very sturdy slip cover. I think it looks beautiful. Also, the packaging from Novamedia was superb ... loads of bubblewrap surrounding the bluray, plus being inside a fairly large cardboard box.

Thanks given by:
civiclx (01-02-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #92
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Redlands, CA

clicky
Thanks given by:
civiclx (01-03-2018), essgem (01-10-2018), jello_02 (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 03:39 PM   #93
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by newginafets View Post
Beautiful cover art and slipcovers. I'm gonna have to bite next time around.

What color are the cases that are under the slipcovers?
Alice In Wonderland Amazon Exclusive w/film cell frame FS/FT

My FS/FT thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=214105
Old 01-03-2018, 06:11 PM   #94
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Damn you newgina! I wasn't really feeling all that bad about missing out but I do now. I may still go for that One Week at some point since it's so cheap anyway. I won't be getting no John Wick 1&2 but the One Week regular price is still
Old 01-03-2018, 10:48 PM   #95
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Inspired by newginafets's pictures, I snapped a few pics of The Pianist bluray I received a few days ago, so you all can see how well these packages are put together. (I'm not sure about the movie Picture Quality, which is what's most important, but the packaging sure is nice). (The first pic is a copy from Nova Media's product page).

NovaPianist1.jpg

DSCN5962*sm.jpg

DSCN5961sm*.jpg

DSCN5963sm*.jpg

DSCN5965sm.jpg

Thanks given by:
civiclx (01-03-2018), newginafets (01-04-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 11:53 PM   #96
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Looks great Page14! You should post the pics in the packaging section of the DB entry
Thanks given by:
Page14 (01-04-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 12:07 AM   #97

Jan 2011
The windy burbs

Received my last order from NM today. Very excited, these are truly beautiful editions!

Thanks again for recommending the site, Gorgon! I will definitely order from them again!
My Blu ray wish list: Breakdown; Mediterraneo; Blood In Blood Out; Idiocracy; Open Range; Death to Smoochy; Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit; Carbon Copy; Hero (Dustin Hoffman); The Villain (Kirk Douglas); My Favorite Year

Available for trade

Last edited by Tibor Lugosi; 01-10-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (01-13-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals