Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Inception 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Black Hawk Down (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Hammer Films Double Feature: Never Take Candy from a Stranger/Scream of Fear (Blu-ray)
$8.11
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.49
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Hammer Films Double Feature: Maniac/Die! Die! My Darling! (Blu-ray)
$8.11
The Dark Crystal 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.00
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Blu-ray)
$26.42
Arrow: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Justice League (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2017, 06:00 AM   #421
ravenus ravenus is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ravenus's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
India
782
281
57
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarBae View Post
I enjoy both Baahubali 1 and 2 equally. They are both lopsided films in their focus, but flow best as one super long film.
I disagree entirely with the flow remark, since what BB2 does for a long while is retread BB1 territory with the entire romance angle. Let's face it, BB2 was badly structured. Instead of continuing full steam ahead from part 1, it remained for the longest while in a repetitive flashback mode. Devasena was terrific, but that's about the only good thing the 2nd instalment had.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:35 PM   #422
zombeaner zombeaner is offline
Special Member
 
zombeaner's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Garland, TX
3283
1
3
Default

Wow, that is wildly off the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
I disagree entirely with the flow remark, since what BB2 does for a long while is retread BB1 territory with the entire romance angle. Let's face it, BB2 was badly structured. Instead of continuing full steam ahead from part 1, it remained for the longest while in a repetitive flashback mode. Devasena was terrific, but that's about the only good thing the 2nd instalment had.
TV - Panasonic TC-P50U50 | Blu-ray - Region Free Sony BDP-S3200 | Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR607 | Fronts - Infinity P363 Towers | Center - Infinity PC251 | Surrounds - Technics Towers| Sub - BIC America V1220
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #423
murali91 murali91 is offline
Active Member
 
murali91's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Chicago, US
Default

I have a different opinion. To me the entire flashback was great both in part 1 and 2, but I didn't like the present day characters including the fights, songs, graphics. Even the acting, was much better in the flashback.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #424
JaguarBae JaguarBae is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2017
Default

I was referring to structurally:
Part 1 = 2/3rds present. 1/3rd past.
Part 2 = 2/3rds past. 1/3rd present.

Speaking of the romance, I liked the romance with Avantika in part 1 better then the Devsena one in part 2. For a while it puzzled me as to why, but the answer is quite simple:
In Part 2 the romance is done where other people are present. Even their love song. It’s on a boat with a bunch of other people and not nearly as romantic.

In Part 1 all of their songs and development had them being alone. That’s two entire songs with them alone together, plus all of their other scenes alone together. That’s another reason why it was so sad Avantika had no role in Part 2 lol That was the relationship I was really invested in! Only a Part 3 can remedy this :P

Last edited by JaguarBae; 12-13-2017 at 03:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:46 PM   #425
goldensun87 goldensun87 is offline
Member
 
Nov 2015
Default

The whole "Kattappa killing Baahubali The First" was a bad decision overall. It led to that horribly executed chain of events where Sivagami's character does a full 360 from how she was developed in Part 1. It was just painful to watch, and on top of that, Avanthika was mostly cut from the final battle, and if you observe closely, some battle CGI was copypasted from part 1. And to top it all off, they don't even bother to release the original Telugu version on iTunes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:48 AM   #426
JaguarBae JaguarBae is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2017
Default

It’s very odd they just released part 2 telugu free on youtube. Don’t they want money?

I suppose it’s a rights issue...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:41 AM   #427
annayya annayya is offline
Senior Member
 
Dec 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarBae View Post
Itís very odd they just released part 2 telugu free on youtube. Donít they want money?

I suppose itís a rights issue...
It is not a rights issue. If the studio wants the original Telugu Blurays released they can do it themselves but they have to spend a few lakhs rupees. Although how can they possibly waste any more money on this as Rajamouli and his family are too busy trying to figure out how to invest all the crores of money he earned.

Its as though they paid some attention to my ranting on their Twitter accounts of using the larger aspect ratio in premium theaters, but still don't give a damn about releasing a Bluray because the ROI is minimal/negligible. I know a lot of Telugu Bluray were loss making but Baahubali 1 and 2 being the biggest hit of all time would have definitely made some profit if released in a timely manner. It just doesn't make sense that I have a bluray for a movie like Maryada Ramanna but can't even buy one for Baahubali.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JaguarBae (01-04-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 08:55 PM   #428
zombeaner zombeaner is offline
Special Member
 
zombeaner's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Garland, TX
3283
1
3
Default

In fairness to them, NO ONE listens to your ranting anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annayya View Post
It is not a rights issue. If the studio wants the original Telugu Blurays released they can do it themselves but they have to spend a few lakhs rupees. Although how can they possibly waste any more money on this as Rajamouli and his family are too busy trying to figure out how to invest all the crores of money he earned.

Its as though they paid some attention to my ranting on their Twitter accounts of using the larger aspect ratio in premium theaters, but still don't give a damn about releasing a Bluray because the ROI is minimal/negligible. I know a lot of Telugu Bluray were loss making but Baahubali 1 and 2 being the biggest hit of all time would have definitely made some profit if released in a timely manner. It just doesn't make sense that I have a bluray for a movie like Maryada Ramanna but can't even buy one for Baahubali.
TV - Panasonic TC-P50U50 | Blu-ray - Region Free Sony BDP-S3200 | Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR607 | Fronts - Infinity P363 Towers | Center - Infinity PC251 | Surrounds - Technics Towers| Sub - BIC America V1220
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:58 PM   #429
JaguarBae JaguarBae is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2017
Default

Ohh hey, they Finally just threw us a bone for New Years! Behold for the first time ever: 6 Pure OST tracks from Baahubali 1:







I sure missed Avantika in that second movie >

Last edited by JaguarBae; 01-04-2018 at 12:04 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
pavan_a (01-12-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 12:01 AM   #430
annayya annayya is offline
Senior Member
 
Dec 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
In fairness to them, NO ONE listens to your ranting anymore.
Good.... That's one way to increase piracy.
Its not like I am dying to spend $30 on a bluray.

I will continue to rely on these free Web rips and TV rips simply because the Telugu studios don't care about DVD or Bluray home media.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:07 AM   #431
annayya annayya is offline
Senior Member
 
Dec 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
In fairness to them, NO ONE listens to your ranting anymore.
Good.... That's one way to increase piracy.
Its not like I am dying to spend $30 on a bluray.

I will continue to rely on these free Web rips and TV rips simply because the Telugu studios don't care about DVD or Bluray home media.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
lgans316 (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #432
refnulf refnulf is offline
Power Member
 
refnulf's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
MY
34
Default

Yeah, I found the Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi versions on Netflix. So I watched em in Tamil, couldn't find em anywhere else in Telegu/Tamil. A shame.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #433
JaguarBae JaguarBae is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnulf View Post
Yeah, I found the Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi versions on Netflix. So I watched em in Tamil, couldn't find em anywhere else in Telegu/Tamil. A shame.
iTunes for the first.
I guess they actually slightly care about making profit for that one
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #434
JaguarBae JaguarBae is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2017
Default

More. Every Sunday they will be posting more unreleased OST.



Probably my favorite scene in the movie. When he rescues his mother. The way the tension keeps mounting and mixes with the other music. (1:24-2:12)



Last edited by JaguarBae; 01-12-2018 at 06:38 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #435
JaguarBae JaguarBae is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2017
Default

Final ones for this movie. Hopefully they’ll start on The Conclusion OSTs next Sunday.






  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27 PM.