Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pacific Rim: Uprising 4K (Blu-ray)
€20.99

Rampage (Blu-ray)
€14.99

Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
€3.48
23 hrs ago
47 Meters Down (Blu-ray)
€6.99

The Death of Stalin (Blu-ray)
€12.99

The Patriot 4K (Blu-ray)
€26.97

Downton Abbey: Die komplette Serie (Blu-ray)
€41.97

X-Files: Season 11 (Blu-ray)
€25.99

U2: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris (Blu-ray)
€12.99

The Equalizer 4K (Blu-ray)
€26.97

A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
€14.99

Die Eberhofer Triple Box (Blu-ray)
€14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany

Old 03-22-2017, 07:42 AM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Just watched the blu-ray after receiving it in the mail yesterday.

Awesome, awesome movie with a surprisingly strong HD transfer in spite of it allegedly being a BD-25. When played on my Philips 4K UHD blu-ray player and Westinghouse 4K UHD TV, I did not notice any ugly compression artifacts and whatnot. In fact, it looks incredible.

Badass collection all around, as the CD Crispin Merrell's cool soundtrack for the film is another great reason to fetch this release out.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:11 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Louisville, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmaskAvenger View Post
Awesome, awesome movie with a surprisingly strong HD transfer in spite of it allegedly being a BD-25. When played on my Philips 4K UHD blu-ray player and Westinghouse 4K UHD TV, I did not notice any ugly compression artifacts and whatnot. In fact, it looks incredible.

Badass collection all around, as the CD Crispin Merrell's cool soundtrack for the film is another great reason to fetch this release out.
I agree to a degree. I do not have a big a deal against DNR as quite a few others on this site, but this release has a slight amount of DNR. The PQ could have retained some grain and had more detail... but with that said, it is still a definite upgrade over the previous german DVD release and is true HD.

caps-a-holic link
Old 03-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

If this had DNR, it sure as hell wasn't as noticeable as the DNR on Body Melt (another blu-ray I received this week and that looked like it had a considerable amount of DNR applied...except in several shots where it looked great).
Old 03-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Yeah also like how Turbine gave this some love, just a little strange to go with BD25 and keep the bitrate down on such a release where they have spent a good deal of money on. BD25 should be banned 2017, there are no real reason to bitstarve movies today. Hope they live and learn and do better like criterion and arrow have done.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Yeah a BD-25 for a two hour movie is rather peculiar, but at least it balances it out for having shockingly good PQ in spite of using a smaller disc and having just the trailers (and an easter egg) as the sole bonus features.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #46

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmaskAvenger View Post
If this had DNR, it sure as hell wasn't as noticeable as the DNR on Body Melt (another blu-ray I received this week and that looked like it had a considerable amount of DNR applied...except in several shots where it looked great).
I can attest that we have not ordered DNR to be applied, nor did we notice any during QC. The disc was encoded with quality in mind. Since there were only few other features to be added (because nothing existed and e.g. Stephen Norrington refused to get involved), a BD25 was made simply because the film fit on a BD25. We could have artificially enlarged the file size just to fill a BD50. But that's cosmetics.
Thanks given by:
GasmaskAvenger (03-30-2017), Monroville (12-26-2017), Pineapples101 (01-06-2018)
Old 03-29-2017, 03:20 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbine View Post
I can attest that we have not ordered DNR to be applied, nor did we notice any during QC. The disc was encoded with quality in mind. Since there were only few other features to be added (because nothing existed and e.g. Stephen Norrington refused to get involved), a BD25 was made simply because the film fit on a BD25. We could have artificially enlarged the file size just to fill a BD50. But that's cosmetics.
Or you could have done much higher bitrate for a older fast moving picture that would have looked better for sure and fitted better on a BD50.

Do we see much low bitrate video from shout, scream factory arrow and capelight on older movies? No and I think there is a reason for that. Fast paced action scenes and older grainer movies needs the bitrate.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:23 PM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbine View Post
Yeah, you guys did a really good job with Death Machine.

My DNR comment was directed at Umbrella for their transfer of Body Melt, which looked like it had quite a bit of DNR applied. Someone will have to get back to them regarding that.

But yeah, I love what you did with Death Machine all around. Great to own the soundtrack on CD too.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #49

May 2009

Just ordered the German steel book. Can't wait to see it. Just can't bring myself to watch the full frame dvd anymore. Also never seen the uncut version.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:27 AM   #50

Dec 2017
Canada

Can anyone confirm whether the "Turbine Steel Collection" edition (EAN Code: 4260294857223) is region-free or region 1 playable?

Sometimes it says region B on the package even if it's not region locked. To confirm if a Blu-ray disc is region locked or not, I usually check out sites like this one or just Google the specific edition. Sometimes people write in their reviews (on Amazon) if the Blu-ray is region locked or not.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by InnerCircle; 12-27-2017 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:10 PM   #51

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerCircle View Post
Can anyone confirm whether the "Turbine Steel Collection" edition (EAN Code: 4260294857223) is region-free or region 1 playable?

Sometimes it says region B on the package even if it's not region locked. To confirm if a Blu-ray disc is region locked or not, I usually check out sites like this one or just Google the specific edition. Sometimes people write in their reviews (on Amazon) if the Blu-ray is region locked or not.

Thanks in advance for the help.
DiabolikDVD has it listed as region-free. They confirm the region-coding themselves.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/d...ay-all-region/
Thanks given by:
InnerCircle (12-27-2017)
Old 01-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #52

Jun 2016

Yes, must have been an oversight by the authoring facility. *cough*
Old 01-11-2018, 01:57 AM   #53

May 2009

Just watched it. Looks great. It's a gorgeous steel book. Really stands out. I have #319/1000.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:18 PM   #54

Aug 2011
Germany

Finally getting a regular keepcase edition in July
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...A3JWKAKR8XB7XF
Thanks given by:
Ianzombie (05-15-2018), Pineapples101 (06-06-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany