Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.32
3 hrs ago
Return of the Living Dead Part II (Blu-ray)
$25.70

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

The Blacklist: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
14 hrs ago
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$29.33
1 hr ago
Blockers (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Arrow: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Tag (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International

Old 06-19-2015, 01:28 AM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymonkey View Post
I bought a kit to convert my Oppo 83 to region-free. I import a lot of discs from UK, Australia, Germany, etc. Several discs that are listed Region B will actually play on Region A players. I always test a disc on Region A just to see if it will work without having to switch the region. I always update the region compatibility of the disc on this site so others can decide if they want to import. Of course importing so many B-locked discs means I will always have to have a region-free player when purchasing a new player. If others on this site will update the region coding tabs for each movie then that will help when the retailers don't always have the accurate compatibility listed.
I update the region coding whenever I buy a B locked disc that actually works on region A players. For some reason, some don't change status and stay as B locked. Most recently it's happened with The Loved Ones UK disc.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:35 AM   #42

Jul 2015
Default Region code info

Region free is a code for Blu-rays and DVDs. Ranging from A/B/C/FREE for Blu-ray and 1/2/3/4/5/6/0 for DVD, this is the designated code for each region of the world. Region Free or Region 0 is a version that is not locked to any particular region and will typically play on any player worldwide. If you're looking for the biggest supplier for region free titles in the U.S you can check out scyllar.com they offering free shipping, no tax and have a huge selection of titles including region free imports.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:30 AM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008
Savannah GA

Just want to confirm that this disc will play on my PS4. It says this exactly

Format: Import, Blu-ray, Subtitled, Widescreen
Language: Finnish (Dolby Digital 2.0)
Subtitles: English, Swedish, Finnish
Region: Region B/2, Region A/1

I only ask, cause its 35 bucks.
Movies that need to go Blu. The Ref, Open Range, Life As A House, True Lies, Maximum Overdrive, Pool Hall Junkies, Brain Candy, Wildcats, Blue Juice, Magnificent Eleven, Fire In The Sky, Hot to Trot, Disorderlies.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #44

Jul 2012
Default Region B title won't play on Region Free Player

I bought a Code Free/Region Free blu ray player, and it plays ALL DVDs, all regions, ALL Region A blu rays, and some of my Region B blu rays, but I found one Region B disc it just won't play. It is the Network label UK Region B release of "The Nightcomers". Even after I switch the player to Region B (which works for other Region B's) it just goes to that darn black screen that says, "Warning: This Disc is only playable in Region B"). It won't let me past that screen no matter what. It is EXTRA-locked, LOL. What do I do?
Old 10-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Lake county, Indiana. Opposite end of Gary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly26666 View Post
I bought a Code Free/Region Free blu ray player, and it plays ALL DVDs, all regions, ALL Region A blu rays, and some of my Region B blu rays, but I found one Region B disc it just won't play. It is the Network label UK Region B release of "The Nightcomers". Even after I switch the player to Region B (which works for other Region B's) it just goes to that darn black screen that says, "Warning: This Disc is only playable in Region B"). It won't let me past that screen no matter what. It is EXTRA-locked, LOL. What do I do?
And this player...

Is what?

Was bought where?
Main Theatre

JVC DLA-RS60 with Screen Research ClearPix II Hitachi P50X901
Onkyo TX-NR1008: BIC V830/820/62/62clrs in 9.1 height
Oppo 970 Universal DVD and Mits VHS (both NTSC/PAL)
Panasonic DMP BD35, Orei M2 (set region B) and Toshiba HD-A3
Onkyo DX-390, Dual 1218, Nak 680, RCA CED, DirecTV and Lenovo Q190
Old 10-25-2015, 01:56 AM   #46

Jul 2012

It's a Samsung BD-J5100. It's been made "Code Free". I have instructions on how to switch the codes back and forth. That came with it and, as I said for the most part, works. I've played several Region B discs in it that would NOT play in my other regular US blu ray player. But the switch doesn't seem to work on that one disc (so far).
Old 10-25-2015, 02:17 AM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Lake county, Indiana. Opposite end of Gary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly26666 View Post
It's a Samsung BD-J5100. It's been made "Code Free". I have instructions on how to switch the codes back and forth. That came with it and, as I said for the most part, works. I've played several Region B discs in it that would NOT play in my other regular US blu ray player. But the switch doesn't seem to work on that one disc (so far).
"Code free" is DVD. Multi-region is the correct term for BD.

Where did you get it?
Have you updated firmware?
Is it hardware modded?

Are you sure you are changing BD?

My LG players simply change by using 1, 2 or 3 to turn them on. My Orei requires the 8520 menu.
Main Theatre

JVC DLA-RS60 with Screen Research ClearPix II Hitachi P50X901
Onkyo TX-NR1008: BIC V830/820/62/62clrs in 9.1 height
Oppo 970 Universal DVD and Mits VHS (both NTSC/PAL)
Panasonic DMP BD35, Orei M2 (set region B) and Toshiba HD-A3
Onkyo DX-390, Dual 1218, Nak 680, RCA CED, DirecTV and Lenovo Q190
Old 10-28-2015, 01:37 AM   #48

Jul 2012

I finally got that one to work. I must have neglected to change the Region before trying to play it the first time, and so it went to that "Region B only" screen, and with the memory of the machine, that's the place it always went back to when I attempted to play it. By actually changing the region first, then attempting to play it, then getting that screen still, then pushing Stop, and instead of pressing Play, I pressed OK, then it went straight to the Disc Menu. It works ever since. That was the only one I'd had any issues with. I played several other Region B and Region A discs and they all work.

This is awesome! I now went on an ordering frenzy, acquiring a ton of those pesky titles that I could never get on BD before!
Old 10-28-2015, 01:56 AM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2014

Yes, I have a Toshiba BDX 1300 that's region free for DVDs & BD.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:03 PM   #50
Power Member

Nov 2015

Right now I have a Samsung BD-J5700 and 5100 along with a Panasonic. Is there a good primer on this forum to go Region free?
Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Sommarens tolv månader (1988), Dead of Night (1945), Tag: The Assassination Game (1982), Thunder in Paradise TV (1994), Murder Rock (1984), Mirage (1990), Cruel Jaws (1995), The Midnight Hour (1985), Blood Frenzy (1987), Hard Ticket to Hawaii (1987), Cheerleader Camp (1988), Island of Blood (1982), The Shuttered Room (1967)
Old 03-02-2017, 05:21 PM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Yup. I have a PS3 as my main player ans a Panasonic as my Region Free player.
The world (Society) even classifies people according to different levels of honesty. Sometimes we hear of people who are “very” honest, “mostly” honest, or even “a little” honest.

Should we even use modifiers with the word honest? I don’t believe so. There are no degrees of honesty. Either we are honest or we aren’t.

Formerly: cvm
Old 03-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #52
Power Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymonkey View Post
I bought a kit to convert my Oppo 83 to region-free. I import a lot of discs from UK, Australia, Germany, etc. Several discs that are listed Region B will actually play on Region A players. I always test a disc on Region A just to see if it will work without having to switch the region. I always update the region compatibility of the disc on this site so others can decide if they want to import. Of course importing so many B-locked discs means I will always have to have a region-free player when purchasing a new player. If others on this site will update the region coding tabs for each movie then that will help when the retailers don't always have the accurate compatibility listed.
HBO is always listed a Region A locked on the back cover. But, the only title that has actually been locked is Deadwood. (And I have a lot of HBO titles).

Many titles in Australia have B on the back and B on the disc, but still play in my US BD player (Region A obviously), especially Fox (bad habit of plastering a B logo, but it plays in my Region A player).

There was an Aussie contributor who stated many Aussie titles were locked to Region B on the Region Coding feature. A lot didn't and I believe he was simply putting Region B, as he read it on back cover. I don't think this person had a multi-region player, as they were always asking on threads "Will this title play in Region B?"... Why would you be so concerned, if you could play Region A. That person had no business putting down that discs were locked, without checking the disc is actually locked by putting it in a player.

You can't trust what is on the back (or even what studios typically do). The US release of Magnificent Seven 4K BD had ABC on the back cover. To my surprise, it was actually locked to A (as Sony normally does not lock titles).
Even Paramount, with Arrival, locked the BD to A... Which I was sure would be at least A,B.

TLDR; The Region Logo on the back cover and discs in no guarantee that it is actually locked (or even an ABC does not mean, necessarily that it is Region Free).
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

With Film & TV on Blu-Ray, you own it... With streaming, your just renting.

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 08-04-2017, 01:12 PM   #53
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Hoth, Wisconsin

Are Warner Brothers titles typically region free in France? I see they have a 4K/3D release of Wonder Woman coming... I haven't noticed any other countries releasing that...
WTT FOR:
UV/MA: Hundred Foot Journey, The Boy and the Beast, Birth of the Dragon, The Stolen, Breathe, Taken S1, Cook Off!, Manhunt Unabomber, Ingrid Goes West, Walking Dead S7, A Ghost Story, Woodshock, Brad's Status, Lethal Weapon S1, Better Call Saul S3, Black Lightning S1
4K: Terminator Genisys, Fury, Inception, The Matrix, Forrest Gump, Mamma Mia, Ghost in the Shell, The Incredible Hulk, Mission Impossible (ANY), A Quiet Place, The Prestige, Jack Ryan films, Ready Player One
Old 08-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Are Warner Brothers titles typically region free in France? I see they have a 4K/3D release of Wonder Woman coming... I haven't noticed any other countries releasing that...
There are a few European Warner titles that are locked but that is more due to them not being owned/distributed by their US headquarters and merely distributed by their European divisions. Wonder Woman is Warner Bros worldwide so this will be region free.

500 years ago on the planet Zeist
Region A/B positive
MOD BD-R? Heck no!
Thanks given by:
kenbenobi (08-04-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Hoth, Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
The bigger issues are -- is the 4K/3D combo real and the expense of dealing with the FNAC exclusive and their shipping.

I'm tempted, but $50 shipped to the US is steep when getting the 4K and 3D separately wouldn't be much different
That's a valid point. It's not like the 3D isn't being released here, like Underworld and Resident Evil...

EDIT: Just ordered the BB 4K steelbook of Wonder Woman and Spider-Man Homecoming. I'll get the 3D of each when it becomes cheap, perhaps Black Friday if I'm lucky...
WTT FOR:
UV/MA: Hundred Foot Journey, The Boy and the Beast, Birth of the Dragon, The Stolen, Breathe, Taken S1, Cook Off!, Manhunt Unabomber, Ingrid Goes West, Walking Dead S7, A Ghost Story, Woodshock, Brad's Status, Lethal Weapon S1, Better Call Saul S3, Black Lightning S1
4K: Terminator Genisys, Fury, Inception, The Matrix, Forrest Gump, Mamma Mia, Ghost in the Shell, The Incredible Hulk, Mission Impossible (ANY), A Quiet Place, The Prestige, Jack Ryan films, Ready Player One

Last edited by kenbenobi; 08-04-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Hoth, Wisconsin

Wow, no posts in here since my last one 6+ weeks ago?

I see that Amazon UK has an exclusive Valerian 3D/4K combo pack (for 29.99 pounds, so it's not really a deal yet, but we all know their prices drop eventually). Will this be Region Free? If not, are there any countries that do have a Region Free 3D release?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valerian-Th...n+3d+steelbook

I can't find any UK threads for Valerian, and don't see a general Lionsgate thread, so figured I'd ask in here again... Thanks in advance!
WTT FOR:

Last edited by kenbenobi; 09-18-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #57
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

Anyone have any idea about titles pressed by Spirit Entertainment Limited if they are region locked or region free?

God's Own Country is getting a DVD only release here in the US but I have placed an order for the UK Blu: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It states its Region B/2, which I expect the amazon page to say, but any idea if the distributor, Spirit Entertainment, actually region locks?

There are no threads on this specific title in the main UK forum and I don't expect anyone to know if the disc specifically is locked since it's not released for 2 weeks, but just trying to get a general idea if I should keep the order or just suffer with the US DVD.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:47 PM   #58

Jan 2014
Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britnasty View Post
Anyone have any idea about titles pressed by Spirit Entertainment Limited if they are region locked or region free?

There are no threads on this specific title in the main UK forum and I don't expect anyone to know if the disc specifically is locked since it's not released for 2 weeks, but just trying to get a general idea if I should keep the order or just suffer with the US DVD.
Just click on Spirit Entertainment below the the title on this site's product page and you'll get a listing of their previous releases. Most are not reviewed here, you might have better luck at dvd-basen.dk
I only have one and it's A/B coded, quite a few seem to be region free, though.
Thanks given by:
Britnasty (01-17-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Hoth, Wisconsin

Justice League from France should be Region Free, right? It's Warner, which I believe is almost always region free... I want the 4K/3D combo steelbook... Amazon.fr said region B/2 but I know they are frequently wrong...
WTT FOR:
Old 06-23-2018, 05:50 PM   #60
Power Member

Jun 2009
Stanwood, Washington
USA

Becouse 4k is region free will any region Blu-ray play on a 4K player
Panasonic TH-50PC77U
Pioneer Elite SC-25, Denon X4400H, Tivo Romio
Samsung UBD-KM85C, Sony BDP-3200 Region Free

Polk
CS2 Center, Monitor 60 Series II Fronts
FXI A4 Side Surrounds, FXI A4 Rear Surrounds