Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.90
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Boss Baby 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
NFL Super Bowl 52 Champions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$7.88
10 Things I Hate About You (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Post (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Passion of Joan of Arc (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Warcraft (Blu-ray)
$5.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 01-24-2018, 10:20 PM   #81
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Great sale
Old 02-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #82
Expert Member

Jul 2011
NJ

7 day sale up to 70% at ClassicFlix: https://www.classicflix.com/products...al_offer_id=40

Also note, they are re-releasing the John Alton Noirs in a cheaper set, without extras. https://www.classicflix.com/products...x-restorations
Thanks given by:
billy pilgrim (02-01-2018), G. Costanz (02-01-2018), jaydot (02-02-2018), ltb2.0 (02-01-2018), movieben1138 (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #83
Power Member

May 2013
Eastern CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post

7 day sale up to 70% at ClassicFlix: https://www.classicflix.com/products...al_offer_id=40

Also note, they are re-releasing the John Alton Noirs in a cheaper set, without extras. https://www.classicflix.com/products...x-restorations
I'm pretty sure the re-release will have all the extras that are on the current discs, but all packaged in a single case and without the 24-page booklets. I can't see them pressing new discs for this.
Current pre-orders:
02/20/2018: Farewell, My Lovely / The Big Sleep
04/17/2018: The Awful Truth

Most wanted blu ray release: Bringing Up Baby
Old 02-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #84
Expert Member

Jul 2011
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcherman View Post
I'm pretty sure the re-release will have all the extras that are on the current discs, but all packaged in a single case and without the 24-page booklets. I can't see them pressing new discs for this.
Their Facebook post said no extras.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #85
Power Member

May 2013
Eastern CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Their Facebook post said no extras.
I guess we'll see. It's always possible that they'll do a separate press run, ditching all the extras and maybe even cramming all three films on one disc. I won't pre-order until I know more of the details.
Current pre-orders:
02/20/2018: Farewell, My Lovely / The Big Sleep
04/17/2018: The Awful Truth

Most wanted blu ray release: Bringing Up Baby
Old 02-01-2018, 09:22 PM   #86
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Yeah, no extras. This was a reply on FB:

Quote:
ClassicFlix Correct. This collection contains the films, but no bonus content or booklets.
I'm just wondering if it's still 3 discs, or now on 1 or 2. It's just 250 mins of films, so easily doable for one disc.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #87

Feb 2017
Lincoln, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Yeah, no extras. This was a reply on FB:

I'm just wondering if it's still 3 discs, or now on 1 or 2. It's just 250 mins of films, so easily doable for one disc.
All on 1 for the Blu-ray (BD-50) and 2 for the DVD.

As they are relatively shorter films, bit rate will be the same as on the special editions so PQ will be exactly the same.

We don't sacrifice quality regardless and we'll always encode at superior bit rates even if it means extra discs, but in this case it wasn't needed.

- David
Thanks given by:
belcherman (02-01-2018), billy pilgrim (02-01-2018), bogeyfan1980 (02-02-2018), oildude (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 09:31 PM   #88
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

so far all the commentary tracks and bonus interviews for that are included on the Classic Flix line are awesome. Just love them.

Alan K Rode with Julie Kirgo is my favorite so far!
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Denon X7200WA, Rotel-1582 mkll
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15, EM-R Oppo BDP-103 Region Free, Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 02-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #89

Feb 2017
Lincoln, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
so far all the commentary tracks and bonus interviews for that are included on the Classic Flix line are awesome. Just love them.

Alan K Rode with Julie Kirgo is my favorite so far!
Glad you like them. We put a lot of effort into these releases and are/were thrilled at the top-notch talent that contributed to these releases.

Just curious if you've checked out YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE (1937) and Jeremy Arnold's fantastic commentary?

- David
Thanks given by:
PowellPressburger (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 09:55 PM   #90
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicFlix View Post

As they are relatively shorter films, bit rate will be the same as on the special editions so PQ will be exactly the same.

We don't sacrifice quality regardless and we'll always encode at superior bit rates even if it means extra discs, but in this case it wasn't needed.

- David
OT, but I’ve exhausted ever other option for contact with you. The email account I have on file with ClassicFlix has been hacked and is no longer securely operable. I wrote you about changing it and received a reply from “Joel” who requested information, which I supplied. Then nothing, no response at all. I wrote twice more and still no response. I want to maintain my account there as it’s years old now from when I was a renter. Please advise via a PM or directly by email. Thank you.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:59 PM   #91

Feb 2017
Lincoln, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Echo View Post
OT, but I’ve exhausted ever other option for contact with you. The email account I have on file with ClassicFlix has been hacked and is no longer securely operable. I wrote you about changing it and received a reply from “Joel” who requested information, which I supplied. Then nothing, no response at all. I wrote twice more and still no response. I want to maintain my account there as it’s years old now from when I was a renter. Please advise via a PM or directly by email. Thank you.
Sure, I'll PM you.

- David
Thanks given by:
Professor Echo (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 10:25 PM   #92
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Quote:
Glad you like them. We put a lot of effort into these releases and are/were thrilled at the top-notch talent that contributed to these releases.

Just curious if you've checked out YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE (1937) and Jeremy Arnold's fantastic commentary?

- David
yes I own that one also.

I also can't recommend and of the CF line enough. Another Man's Poison also has a great transfer. Nice stormy atmospheric film.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Denon X7200WA, Rotel-1582 mkll
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15, EM-R Oppo BDP-103 Region Free, Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Thanks given by:
ClassicFlix (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #93

Feb 2017
Lincoln, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
yes I own that one also.

I also can't recommend and of the CF line enough. Another Man's Poison also has a great transfer. Nice stormy atmospheric film.
Great! Thanks so much for your support!

- David
Old 02-01-2018, 11:03 PM   #94
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:

- David
Are we to assume that the Special Editions will go OOP and be effectively replaced by the set? I noticed that Raw Deal is flagged as a limited edition of 5000 copies. Is that also true for T-Men and He Walked by Night?

Your releases so far have just been aces.
Make America Groot Again.

"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.
List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Old 02-01-2018, 11:51 PM   #95

Feb 2017
Lincoln, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
Are we to assume that the Special Editions will go OOP and be effectively replaced by the set? I noticed that Raw Deal is flagged as a limited edition of 5000 copies. Is that also true for T-Men and He Walked by Night?

Your releases so far have just been aces.
We pressed 5,000 each of those two. 99.9% sure we aren't doing a re-print on either, but we haven't made it official yet.

- David
Thanks given by:
jayembee (02-02-2018), movieben1138 (02-02-2018), nitin (02-01-2018), noirjunkie (02-03-2018), rognvaldr (02-02-2018), Se.Vero (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 03:53 AM   #96
Expert Member

Dec 2007
Pennsylvania

Keep up the great work. I love your releases.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #97
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
We pressed 5,000 each of those two. 99.9% sure we aren't doing a re-print on either, but we haven't made it official yet.

- David
It's too bad your site doesn't accept PayPal. I'd like to place an order but don't like using my credit card on many sites.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #98
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
It's too bad your site doesn't accept PayPal. I'd like to place an order but don't like using my credit card on many sites.
You're afraid of being frauded? I mean, if in an extremely unlikely situation that your CC is frauded because you bought something at ClassicFlix.com, your CC company will completely cover it. I'm not seeing the issue here.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #99
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
You're afraid of being frauded? I mean, if in an extremely unlikely situation that your CC is frauded because you bought something at ClassicFlix.com, your CC company will completely cover it. I'm not seeing the issue here.
Yeah, basically I try to use my real CC# on as few sites as possible to limit risk.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:00 PM   #100
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
Yeah, basically I try to use my real CC# on as few sites as possible to limit risk.
There is hardly a risk, and again, pretty much every major credit card has zero liability protection, meaning they'll cover the losses. Seems like a silly thing to worry about, especially when it's actually preventing you from getting something you want.

MC:

Quote:
When you use your Mastercard, you're protected against fraud.
Have peace of mind knowing that the financial institution that issued your Mastercard won't hold you responsible for “unauthorized transactions.” As a Mastercard cardholder, Zero Liability applies to your purchases made in the store, over the telephone, online, or via a mobile device and ATM transactions. As a cardholder, you will not be held responsible for unauthorized transactions if:

You have used reasonable care in protecting your card from loss or theft; and
You promptly reported loss or theft to your financial institution.
If you believe there has been unauthorized use of your account and you meet the conditions above, rest easy knowing you have the protection of Mastercard’s Zero Liability promise. For additional protections with respect to unauthorized transactions, please contact your bank or credit union. Note: Zero Liability does not apply to the following Mastercard payment cards: commercial cards, or unregistered prepaid cards, such as gift cards.

What to do
If you have questions regarding Zero Liability coverage or you suspect unauthorized use of your card, contact your financial institution IMMEDIATELY.

Effective October 17, 2014

If applicable law imposes a greater liability or a conflicting obligation, such applicable law shall govern.
Visa:

Quote:
Visa's Zero Liability* Policy is our guarantee that you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your account or account information. You're protected if your Visa credit or debit card is lost, stolen or fraudulently used, online or offline.

Visa's Zero Liability Policy does not apply to Visa corporate or Visa purchasing card or account transactions, or any transactions that are not processed by Visa. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.

How it works:
1. Shop worry-free

Use your Visa credit or debit card to make purchases at millions of locations.

2. Report suspicious charges immediately

Review your monthly statement and immediately report any unauthorized charges to your financial institution.

3. Get quick resolution

Once you have reported an unauthorized transaction covered by Visa's Zero Liability Policy, your financial institution will investigate so you can have the issue corrected quickly.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors