Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.90
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
NFL Super Bowl 52 Champions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 Things I Hate About You (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Post (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Passion of Joan of Arc (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Warcraft (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$5.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 01-26-2018, 01:44 PM   #2761
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009

No one is trying to excuse or convince anyone. Everyone (else) did and does understand how the LE process works. Now you will be aware going forward, and can make your purchasing decisions/set your expectations accordingly.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #2762

Oct 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
No one is trying to excuse or convince anyone. Everyone (else) did and does understand how the LE process works. Now you will be aware going forward, and can make your purchasing decisions/set your expectations accordingly.
You misunderstand me. I am quite aware of how this game works. But I would never be so presumptive to believe Everyone (else) does.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #2763
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016

For anyone who is complaining that Synapse "lied" about releasing a standard edition of Suspiria....

Get a life.

Seriously though, who cares? Its a damn movie. I swear some of you people treat these things like of they're some rare artifact or something.
Clownhouse deserves to be released on Blu ray. Help us Bill, You're our only hope!
Old 01-26-2018, 02:49 PM   #2764
Special Member

Mar 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worship.my.wreck View Post
For anyone who is complaining that Synapse "lied" about releasing a standard edition of Suspiria....

Get a life.

Seriously though, who cares? Its a damn movie. I swear some of you people treat these things like of they're some rare artifact or something.
what's happening with the fuss around the quick turnaround on the SE of 'suspiria' is a good example of why i don't like the LE aspect of the market - it's not a great way to encourage appreciation for films, it's something of a slippery slope to people imagining they're the ones willing to pay the (higher, inflated) price for access and so it's somehow only theirs to appreciate.

we've had the so-called collectors edition, now we get the one for those interested in the film - same restoration, same film, wider availability, lower price.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #2765
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by logboy View Post
what's happening with the fuss around the quick turnaround on the SE of 'suspiria' is a good example of why i don't like the LE aspect of the market - it's not a great way to encourage appreciation for films, it's something of a slippery slope to people imagining they're the ones willing to pay the (higher, inflated) price for access and so it's somehow only theirs to appreciate.

we've had the so-called collectors edition, now we get the one for those interested in the film - same restoration, same film, wider availability, lower price.
The thing is, everyone should have already known that there would be a standard edition. Synapse has done this with literally all their steelbook releases. The same way Arrow always releases standard editions of their LE's later on as well. And Synapse has even said the same thing before about "no plans for a standard edition at this time". Its what they're supposed to say, we all know this already.

What I don't get is why some people just buy these limited collectors editions just to brag about it and show off how "cool" they are for having something that's limited to (insert amount) of copies. Then they get upset when it gets released and isn't as "rare" anymore.

I'm all for fancy packaging and LE's, I love them. And yeah it's always cool to say you have something that's rare and goes for a lot of money, but at the end of the day who cares if it gets released again? The main point is you have it and are able to enjoy the movie.

And if its an issue about buying the LE because you thought it would be the only release and had no other choice then you should have done your research and found out that this always happens as I've stated above.

Its not like you can't resell the steelbook anyways, it will still be sought after by plenty of people, steelbooks always are.
Clownhouse deserves to be released on Blu ray. Help us Bill, You're our only hope!
Thanks given by:
captainjoe (01-26-2018), splintersan (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 03:11 PM   #2766
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2012
WI, USA

If anyone really wants to have this argument again why don't you go back and read the 50 pages of bellyaching in the Tenebrae thread instead?

EDIT: Here you go

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....213701&page=73
Thanks given by:
AKNewbie (01-26-2018), AlexIlDottore (02-16-2018), fuzzymctiger (01-28-2018), gobad2003 (01-26-2018), Singed Minge (01-26-2018), splintersan (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 03:23 PM   #2767

Apr 2016

They have released non-steelbook editions of every single title that has had a steelbook. And you are just plain stupid to not think they wouldn't do this with a title as big as Suspiria, and with the years of work that went into the restoration...
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (02-16-2018), fuzzymctiger (01-28-2018), gobad2003 (01-26-2018), Singed Minge (01-26-2018), splintersan (01-26-2018), Worship.my.wreck (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #2768

Oct 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek8080 View Post
They have released non-steelbook editions of every single title that has had a steelbook. And you are just plain stupid to not think they wouldn't do this with a title as big as Suspiria, and with the years of work that went into the restoration...
So then why resort to lying about it? Point being, everyone is not hip to such obfuscation. To all but the ardent Synapse supporters on this board, it reflects poorly on the company and tarnishes an otherwise sterling release.
Thanks given by:
andyk69 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 07:22 PM   #2769

May 2016
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarak View Post
I hope this board has mods or someone who will discourage this kind of incivility. Surely we can talk about Blu-rays without calling each other names.
I need a safe space
Thanks given by:
Worship.my.wreck (01-27-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 08:47 PM   #2770
Power Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronetBlue View Post
So then why resort to lying about it? Point being, everyone is not hip to such obfuscation. To all but the ardent Synapse supporters on this board, it reflects poorly on the company and tarnishes an otherwise sterling release.
Not sure how they lied. They said no plans to make a standard release at this time. They needed to sell 6,000 copies of their steelbook to make a profit. Well they did, good for them and in the end it will fund more movies for them to put out. And there have been plenty of options for Suspiria on bluray over the last few years and most of them much cheaper if you wanted to go that route. You as a consumer have no right (as much as you think you do) to know the inner workings and plans for a companies releases. You buy the release or don't. You may get a standard edition or not. If you are concerned you could have done a little tiny bit of research about the company you are buying the film from and realize, oh hey they release standard editions after the steelbook versions sell out.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (02-16-2018), captainjoe (01-26-2018), captainron_howdy (01-26-2018), gobad2003 (01-26-2018), spawningblue (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 09:55 PM   #2771

Aug 2012

Do you collect movies in hopes of turning a profit off some kind of LE steelbook or do you collect because you love movies?

I suggest if this is purely a profit driven hobby, you look elsewhere since most titles, even LE's aren't gonna get you much in the long run.

Honestly, maybe the people at Synapse weren't sure it go wider if it didn't sell thru the 6000 LE's. Imagine if it didn't, why would the extend the money for a regular run after that? They would be stuck with 'X' amount of LE's that aren't moving. They probably waited to make the call when the numbers finally came in. It's a business after all. They need to turn a profit. I bought one and I KNEW it would get another release if it sold out. I didn't buy it so I could say "I got mine! That's it! No one else gets one!"

You see what happens with those Twilight time titles that languish at 3000 copies that are being blown out at 6.95 now. I doubt you will see TT or any other company picking up one of those titles to release again on disc in an any amount for a very long time if at all.

The whole "collector mentality" really kind of spoils things like this and the market for mondo style posters. People mostly seem to care about value not what the thing is about they are buying.

I buy to watch and own something I love. Not because its monetarily valuable. I could give two shits if a year from now its only worth $5. Suspiria is one of the best looking discs I've ever seen. I will be glad to know others have a chance to own a copy of a great movie and a great, well made and produced blu ray disc.
Enjoying movies irony free since 1977!
Thanks given by:
Worship.my.wreck (01-27-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 10:19 PM   #2772
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallospaceboy View Post
Do you collect movies in hopes of turning a profit off some kind of LE steelbook or do you collect because you love movies?

I suggest if this is purely a profit driven hobby, you look elsewhere since most titles, even LE's aren't gonna get you much in the long run.
To be fair, no one so far has been suggesting anything other than that they wasted their money because they would have bought the cheap one, not because they wanted to sell this one for tons. Which I get! Just that this EXACT same thing happened, even with the same wording, on their previous steelbooks. Tenebrae was the only one with outright lying (some rep on their facebook page).
Old 01-27-2018, 02:03 PM   #2773
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009

Getting back on topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolik
It’s true that sometimes dead is better, but for two New England filmmakers, the story of Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY was far too alluring to leave buried. That’s why John Campopiano and Justin White spent nearly five years seeking to uncover the story – from book, to film, to cult status – amounting to the most comprehensive look at the horror classic ever produced. UNEARTHED AND UNTOLD: THE PATH TO PET SEMATARY is both an in-depth independent documentary and celebration of King’s classic tale of terror, told through the voices of cast and crew from the 1989 hit film, as well as locals in Maine – the place where it all started. In addition to first time ever interviews, tours of the many iconic locations used in the film and never-before-seen photographs and home video from the set, this film explores the impact PET SEMATARY has not only on horror fans, but scholars of Stephen King’s work. Featuring interviews with director Mary Lambert, stars Denise Crosby, Dale Midkiff, Miko Hughes, Brad Greenquist, Andrew Hubatsek, Susan Blommaert, the Berdahl twins, Michael Lombard and MANY MORE! =

High-Definition 1080p Widescreen 1.78:1

DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround

– Audio Commentary with Creators John Campopiano & Justin White

– Podcast Commentary with Creators John Campopiano & Justin White

– Edited / Alternate Scenes

– Video Interview with Creators John Campopiano & Justin White

– “PET TALES – From the Cutting Room Floor” Featurette

– PET SEMATARY Location Photo Compilation

– Documentary Poster Art Concepts

– Rare On-Set Video Footage From Rhonda Carter

– Documentary Sizzle Reel

– Promotional Trailer

– Reversible Art Design by Alexandros Pyromallis

THIS IS A PREORDER DISC THAT IS DUE TO BE RELEASED ON OR ABOUT 3/13/2018

Diabolik pre-order
Old 02-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #2774

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobla View Post
MASSACRE AT CENTRAL HIGH is being delayed--I never saw that one coming!

Seriously, several labels have been unable to release this title.

Rene Daalder and James Cameron are the kings of delays, if not the world.
Don May mentioned in his guestshot on the Screamcast podcast from 2/3/18 that production on the MASSACRE blu has resumed. It was temporarily on hold while Daalder attended to personal issues.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (02-16-2018), Jobla (02-16-2018), moreotter (Yesterday)
Old 02-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #2775

Aug 2016

Has anyone heard any updates on CREATURE FROM BLACK LAKE? Last I heard, they were searching for suitable film elements still.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:32 PM   #2776
Power Member

Feb 2013

I want to know what's up with McBain.
Thanks given by:
GilaFilms (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #2777
Special Member

Apr 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I wish people would put as much energy into community services or local politics as they do in the questioning of integrity over a blu Ray release. That is my opinion that nobody asked for.
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (02-16-2018), Frogtown (02-17-2018), Kakihara (02-16-2018), wicky_J (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 06:40 PM   #2778
Special Member

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
I want to know what's up with McBain.
This one?

Rustin Cohle: I know who I am. And after all these years, there's a victory in that.
Thanks given by:
tommynorcal (02-16-2018), WesReviews (02-16-2018), wicky_J (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #2779
Special Member

Apr 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakihara View Post
This one?

I think I speak for everyone when I say “yes.”
Thanks given by:
Kakihara (02-16-2018), wicky_J (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #2780
Power Member

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommynorcal View Post
I wish people would put as much energy into community services or local politics as they do in the questioning of integrity over a blu Ray release. That is my opinion that nobody asked for.
Wasn't questioning Synapse's integrity. Just curious for updates on it. They've not said much on it in a couple of years. It's a title I'm particularly interested in.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors