Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
It (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Night of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Boss Baby 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.90
NFL Super Bowl 52 Champions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Post (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Warcraft (Blu-ray)
$5.99
10 Things I Hate About You (Blu-ray)
$5.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 08-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #161

Apr 2009
NY

Just wondering why no one has released Tom Jones 1963 Best Picture Oscar winner. It is MGM so I would think Kino may have the rights. This is one of 2 Best picture Oscar winners never to see DVD. The other being The Lost Weekend 1945 which I think is a Universal Studios title.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:07 PM   #162
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaub1 View Post
Just wondering why no one has released Tom Jones 1963 Best Picture Oscar winner. It is MGM so I would think Kino may have the rights. This is one of 2 Best picture Oscar winners never to see DVD. The other being The Lost Weekend 1945 which I think is a Universal Studios title.
Criterion has Tom Jones. I'd expect a release next year, which is also the film's 55tth anniversary.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:21 PM   #163
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaub1 View Post
"Tom Jones" was released on DVD twice, one for each cut. "The Lost Weekend" had numerous DVD releases. Not sure what you mean -- if you mean Blu, there are several other Best Picture winners without a Blu release.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:34 AM   #164

Jun 2016
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Metro Goldwyn Mayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
Just give it up MGM! if you can let "The Graduate" slip, you can let Silence slip out of your fingers! Hopefully MPEG-4 and would love for Criterion to snatch The Man With No Name Trilogy, In The Heat Of The Night (love a version with that old colorful UA Transamerica logo), "Midnight Cowboy", "The Wild Child", "The Hospital", "Last Tango In Paris", "Platoon" and "The Usual Suspects" to be issued under Criterion with new transfers.
That would be amazing to see more UA catalogue titles actually restoring their United Artists logos, I love how Kino's Blu Ray of The Good The Bad and The Ugly has that colorful 1967 UA logo (which didn't last long due to Transamerica changing their logo next year, I wonder if this logo was also on the International prints of The Graduate since this was a UA release) yet most UA titles either have the 2000's UA logo or just MGM, would've been still better if they used the 1982, 1987 or 1994 United Artists logos when it comes to plastering since you don't see those in HD much, lot like MGM catalogue titles from Orion and UA like The Hoodlum Priest and Riot on Sunset Strip for example.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors