Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
£25.00
Singin' in the Rain (Blu-ray)
£4.99
Ice Cold in Alex (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (Blu-ray)
£12.99
The LEGO Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.46
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
£4.99
The 15:17 to Paris (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Tom of Finland (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Ship of Fools (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Troy: Fall of A City (Blu-ray)
£20.99
Allied 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.99
Puppet Master (Blu-ray)
£26.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 06-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #221

Mar 2016
Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
PS: I think there was a weird motion warp for a second in one scene though - I don't want to spoil the scene but it was a crane shot over the hood of a car in a snowy scene - unless I was just imagining it. I didn't pause and rewind the film because I was enjoying it so much. It looks inherent to the source though...I doubt it's a digital error.
Saw a DCP of Hana-bi tonight and this was very, very noticeable to me...

That was my first Kitano and man, I loved it. I had seen this thread when doing some reading up on the movie and was all ready to order the TW blu but it's at 15 right now on Amazon, and the other Kitano TW blus are more! Hopefully they'll come down again... I did find someone selling Kikujiro on eBay for pretty cheap, so that's on its way to me. I seemed to be the only person in the theater who found much of Hana-bi funny, so I'm really curious about Kikujiro.

Looks like Boiling Point and Violent Cop are both on Amazon Prime, too, so I'll watch those asap!
Old 06-30-2017, 04:08 PM   #222
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009

Kikujiro has more comedy in it that Hana-Bi. Hana-Bi is Kitano's masterpiece imo but Kikujiro is probably my 2nd favourite of his.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:30 AM   #223
Power Member

Dec 2012
UK

Sorry to get anyone's hopes up with the thread bump! But seeing as its a new year thought it might be worth discussing what films we hope TFW release this year.

I am hoping for Violent Cop, Sonatine and maybe one of this lesser known films like Glory to the Filmmaker would be awesome. I hope they have some news soon. My Kitano TWF collection is my favourite.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #224
Special Member

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenexus6 View Post
Sorry to get anyone's hopes up with the thread bump! But seeing as its a new year thought it might be worth discussing what films we hope TFW release this year.

I am hoping for Violent Cop, Sonatine and maybe one of this lesser known films like Glory to the Filmmaker would be awesome. I hope they have some news soon. My Kitano TWF collection is my favourite.
There's a TWF thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....01438&page=113
for more general discussion.
They're currently waiting to sort out a new distribution deal after their sales agent closed without notice, so I think we're mostly just hoping they get out what they already had planned! I'd be interested to know how the less famous Kitanos have sold for them (I still see slipcases every now and then for Dolls, for example), I have no doubt they'd love to release more but I wonder if there's money in it?
Old 02-04-2018, 07:54 PM   #225
Power Member

Dec 2012
UK

Yeah I know there is TWF thread, but I figured might as well use this one seeing as it's about Kitano. Could use this thread as a discussion of his work more.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland