Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Night of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$18.31
The Boss Baby 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.90
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
NFL Super Bowl 52 Champions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Post (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$79.99
10 Things I Hate About You (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Warcraft (Blu-ray)
$5.99
While the City Sleeps (Blu-ray)
$17.71
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International

Old 02-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #21

Sep 2014

A few days ago, I watched Iphigenia for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's great! I'm so glad that I bought the BD.

What a shame that there are so few Greek-language films on BD! According to IMDb, The Trojan Women (1971) was in English, but Electra (1962) seems to have been in Greek. I should like to see a release of that.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:00 PM   #22
Special Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1485 View Post
A few days ago, I watched Iphigenia for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's great! I'm so glad that I bought the BD.

What a shame that there are so few Greek-language films on BD! According to IMDb, The Trojan Women (1971) was in English, but Electra (1962) seems to have been in Greek. I should like to see a release of that.
I also just watched Iphigenia and really was surprised at how much I loved it. I thought Troy with Brad Pitt would go great as a sort of sequel.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #23

Sep 2014

It's funny that you should say that. I've often wondered what it would be like to watch Troy with a Greek dub, but I'm not sure that there was one. Apparently, there was a Greek BD of the theatrical cut, but I've no idea if it had Greek audio or where to order it.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:37 AM   #24

Dec 2016
-
-

I'd really like to see some more Greek films on blu-ray. My Greek DVD selection is pretty slim, but I prefer copies that come with Greek subs as well. Don't see that too often on R(A) BDs.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:45 PM   #25

Mar 2017

US Boutique Label Mondo Macabro has announced some upcoming Greek films on DVD, and BD announcements are expected soon:

New DVD announcement! The Greek Fantastique!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
We hope to do our first blus of some Greek films starting next year. We have a couple of releases in the works, but it depends on how the HD scans being done in Greece come out. If they work out we'll be announcing the first one here in a month or two probably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
Here's a tease: one of the proposed Greek blu releases will be a double feature!
Old 12-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #26

Dec 2017
Greece

Καλησπέρα,αν το διαβάζει κάποιος,Έλληνας ή να ξέρει,στέλνουν στην Ελλάδα blue ray ταινία ,αν μου αρέσει κάποια; region B φυσικά....
Με ελληνικούς υπότιτλους...
Αν ναι,μια ταινία πχ στο site που έχει,12 τι συνολική τιμή,θα βγει ως αποστολη συνολικά;
Ερχετε ως δεματακι courier? Χρέωση υπάρχει εξτρα;
Πχ τελωνείο .
Ευχαριστώ αν απαντήσει κάποιος!
-------------------------------------
Hello! I want to know if you send me a blu ray movie (area B and with Greek subtitles) in my country, in Greece, (europe) and if so, how much will I be charged? will i pay ..... duties? (customs clearance) Thank you!
Old 01-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #27

Oct 2012
Athens, Greece
Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by giannisv68 View Post
Καλησπέρα,αν το διαβάζει κάποιος,Έλληνας ή να ξέρει,στέλνουν στην Ελλάδα blue ray ταινία ,αν μου αρέσει κάποια; region B φυσικά....
Με ελληνικούς υπότιτλους...
Αν ναι,μια ταινία πχ στο site που έχει,12 τι συνολική τιμή,θα βγει ως αποστολη συνολικά;
Ερχετε ως δεματακι courier? Χρέωση υπάρχει εξτρα;
Πχ τελωνείο .
Ευχαριστώ αν απαντήσει κάποιος!
-------------------------------------
Hello! I want to know if you send me a blu ray movie (area B and with Greek subtitles) in my country, in Greece, (europe) and if so, how much will I be charged? will i pay ..... duties? (customs clearance) Thank you!
Καλησπέρα!

Το συγκεκριμένο site δεν πουλάει τανίες, εκτός και αν θες να αγοράσεις από συγκεκριμένο χρήστη που πουλάει ή ανταλλάζει ταινίες.
Μπορείς να γράψεις τον τίτλο της ταινίας που θες στο search bar, επιλέγεις και τη χώρα που θες (κατά βάση δηλαδή region b) και σου βγάζει τις διάφορες εκδόσεις της. Το site σε στέλνει στο Amazon όπου από εκεί μπορείς να αγοράσεις την τανία. Θα χρεωθείς μεταφορικά και θα έρθει είτε με απλό ταχυδρομείο είτε με κουριερ (εσύ το επιλέγεις), όπου εκεί θα έχει και μεγαλύτερη χρέωση. Και στις 2 περιπτώσεις μέσα σε πακέτο θα έρθει. Τελωνεία και τέτοια δεν παίζουν μέσα στη Ευρώπη για τέτοιες αγορές.

Ελπίζω να βοήθησα κάπως, αν καταλάβα σωστά την ερώτηση .
Old 01-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #28
Power Member

Oct 2013
Melbourne, Australia

What about this gem?

Or this:

Top ten films since 2010 in alphabetical order: Certified Copy, The Death of Louis XIV, Faust, Hard To Be A God, Horse Money, The Master, Nebraska, Once Upon A Time In Anatolia, Story of My Death, The Turin Horse.

Honorable mentions: Birdman, Dredd, Dunkirk, The Hateful Eight, Holy Motors, Ida, Inside Llewyn Davis, Jauja, Like Someone In Love, Lincoln, Tabu, Tree of Life, Uncle Boonmee Recalls His Nine Lives, Winter Sleep, The Wolf of Wall Street.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:18 PM   #29

Oct 2008
Sydney, Australia

Release all the Stasis Psaltis movies on Blu Ray, I went on Holiday's to Greece a few years back, went to the Metropolis store they had no dvd's or any Blu rays for Stasis Psaltis.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:08 PM   #30
Power Member

Oct 2013
Melbourne, Australia

I'm pretty sure that many of his films were released on dvd sometime last decade. All poor transfers too, like most Greek releases (of Greek films).

The dvd/blu-ray market in Greece was never particularly big. A lot of shops simply don't carry them and didn't back then either.
Top ten films since 2010 in alphabetical order: Certified Copy, The Death of Louis XIV, Faust, Hard To Be A God, Horse Money, The Master, Nebraska, Once Upon A Time In Anatolia, Story of My Death, The Turin Horse.

Honorable mentions: Birdman, Dredd, Dunkirk, The Hateful Eight, Holy Motors, Ida, Inside Llewyn Davis, Jauja, Like Someone In Love, Lincoln, Tabu, Tree of Life, Uncle Boonmee Recalls His Nine Lives, Winter Sleep, The Wolf of Wall Street.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International