Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Initial D: Fifth Stage ; Final Stage ; Extra Stage 2 (Blu-ray)
€20.35
Valérian et la Cité des Mille Planètes 3D (Blu-ray)
€23.56
Les Tuche 3 (Blu-ray)
€10.05
Valérian et la Cité des Mille Planètes (Blu-ray)
€17.16
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
€22.61
Tunnel (Blu-ray)
€14.99
The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
€24.99
Thor: Ragnarok (Blu-ray)
€21.49
Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray)
€12.77
Les Tuche 3 (Blu-ray)
€14.99
Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
€27.16
Kidnap (Blu-ray)
€12.56
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France

Old 10-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #241

Jan 2012
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by arou54 View Post
Amazon.com actually charges $6.98 (currently 6.14€) for shipping a single disc to France.

That's if your product isn't expensive enough to trigger the upfront payment of their "Import Deposit Fees", knowing the threshold is quite low. For instance, a $20.99 release like Maurice already triggers the IDF. With the shipping fees ($6.98), the fees are $5.59, for a $33.56 total, which makes it all even more expensive.

seriously? had not noticed?? if so that is not legit at all. it should only be applied / triggered if the value of the item is over 22 euro's (shipping not included)

to get back on topic: order a lot from amazon.fr, never had a big issue. never got a release that was specially aimed at the benelux or the uk. (not that i would mind if they are not inferior)
Old 10-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #242

Jan 2012
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
Amazon.fr are far and away the cheapest retailer to order from in France if you're in the US. Most French webshops either don't deliver outside of France/EU/Europe, or, like FNAC, only offer express shipping at a high base price. I doubt you could get much cheaper, even with a person to person transaction.

The biggest current problem with Amazon.fr is that they are directly selling an increasing number of UK and Benelux Blu-ray editions, and passing them off as French editions by not indicating that they are imported.
could you give an example of a benelux release that was sold by amazon.fr?
Old 10-17-2017, 09:01 AM   #243
Banned

Oct 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Tanaka View Post
seriously? had not noticed?? if so that is not legit at all. it should only be applied / triggered if the value of the item is over 22 euro's (shipping not included)
IIRC, the custom fees now hasn't this threshold anymore since the past few years.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #244

Jan 2012
Belgium

Quote:
IIRC, the custom fees now hasn't this threshold anymore since the past few years.

not sure i am following? have the rules changed?
Old 10-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #245
Banned

Oct 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Tanaka View Post
not sure i am following? have the rules changed?
Yes, there's no 22€ threshold anymore, you're supposed to pay the VAT from the 1st euro.
The only exception is if it's a person to person sale, in which case there still is a 45€ threshold.

I'm not sure when it has changed exactly, but it seems it changed in 2016.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:43 AM   #246

Jan 2012
Belgium

Quote:
Yes, there's no 22€ threshold anymore, you're supposed to pay the VAT from the 1st euro.
The only exception is if it's a person to person sale, in which case there still is a 45€ threshold.

I'm not sure when it has changed exactly, but it seems it changed in 2016.

I checked and this information is NOT correct. there is still a 22 euro threshold.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #247
Banned

Oct 2017

Can you send me a link to where this is explicited ? It can be complicated to find these legal info. This is the one I found about this, which is from Jan 2015 and which states : “Achats par correspondance : Les marchandises expédiées dans le cadre d’une vente par correspondance ne bénéficient d’aucune franchise de TVA. » --> « Purchases from abroad : merchandises sent in the case of a sale from abroad benefit from no VAT deductible”.

There is no mention of the 22€ threshold anymore too. There only still is mentions of the 45€ threshold, but only if it’s a customer-to-customer sale.

Last edited by arou54; 10-27-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #248

Jan 2012
Belgium

"Pour bénéficier de la franchise, ces importations de marchandises doivent correspondre à des envois de valeur négligeable (EVN)."

the EVN max is 22 euro's

in dutch from official Belgian customs site : U geniet van deze vrijstelling bij zendingen met een te verwaarlozen waarde. Dit is een zending waarbij de intrinsieke waarde van de goederen per zending niet meer bedraagt dan 22 EUR.

te verwaarlozen waarde = valeur négligeable
Old 10-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #249
Banned

Oct 2017

OOoh OK, that's where it was !
Well, thanks for the explanation !
Old 02-06-2018, 06:31 AM   #250

Jun 2016

Going on 17 days and still haven’t received an order that i used “rapide” shipping for . Estimated delivery was Feb 2nd. Does amazon France normally take this long? I did place an order on amazon Germany a week later that I’m waiting on. Do thru deliver them together sometimes on the same day? It’s been a long time so I’ve forgotten
Old 02-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #251
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Stockholm, but Sussex when back in UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezelleGHartman View Post
Going on 17 days and still haven’t received an order that i used “rapide” shipping for . Estimated delivery was Feb 2nd. Does amazon France normally take this long? I did place an order on amazon Germany a week later that I’m waiting on. Do thru deliver them together sometimes on the same day? It’s been a long time so I’ve forgotten
You don't list a location on your profile (worth adding).

Amazon France to UK is only usually 2 or 3 days even with cheapest shipping option via Amazon Logistics. Is faster than the other European stores.

Germany can be 3 or 4 days if Amazon Logistics but a week if they use Royal Mail. However Italy and Spain I find are 7 to 10 days even with Amazon Logistics.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:59 PM   #252

Jun 2016

Sorry in the US. I’m hoping it comes today lol beyond frustrating
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France