Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Army of Darkness (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Quiet Place 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Rolling Stones: From the Vault - No Security - San Jose '99 (Blu-ray)
$19.94

To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

Pitch Perfect 3 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 01-25-2018, 06:21 PM   #101
Expert Member

Sep 2012
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza1975 View Post
Still waiting for my disc nearly a month after it shipped from JB-Hi-Fi !! To the UK ? Has anyone else had problems with them ? im worried as i ordered 2 blu-rays from them last week ? the longest i have waited for anything from australia to UK is about 2 weeks ? can anyone confirm if the audio on this blu-ray is surround sound ?
I ordered mine from them on 10 January and received it today in the UK. Great release, love Simon’s artwork.
Blu Ray Most Wanted: After Hours (Scorsese), Bringing Out the Dead (Scorsese), Femme Fatale (De Palma), Panic Room (Fincher), The Tenant (Polanski), Something Wicked This Way Comes (Jack Clayton), Someone to Watch Over Me (Ridley Scott), The Hitcher (Robert Harmon), The Parallax View (Alan J. Pakula), Young Sherlock Holmes (Barry Levinson), The Keep (Michael Mann), Murder by Decree (Bob Clark).
Thanks given by:
donthitpause (01-25-2018), simonsherry (01-30-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #102
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Georgia

Got my copy from blowitouttahere today finally.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #103
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014

My copy arrived today from bullmoose. I just put the movie on and it looks really good imo. I'm so happy to finally own this on blu-ray!
LG OLED65C7P - LG SJ9+H7x2 (Dolby Atmos) - Oppo UDP 203
Samsung UN55JS7000 - Samsung HW J550 - Samsung UBD K8500

Digital Codes For Sale
Old 01-26-2018, 12:31 AM   #104
Special Member

Aug 2012
Pennsylvania

Has anybody tested this in a PS4 yet?
Blu-Ray Wishlist
A Smoky Mountain Christmas, Foul Play, Panic Room, What Lies Beneath, Black X-Mas (2006), The Witches, Lost Highway, One Magic Christmas, Mommie Dearest, Red Eye, Bewitched (TV Series)
Old 01-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #105
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Georgia

PQ: 3.5
AQ:4.5
Special Features: 4
Movie: 3.5

A really good release overall. Some of the night scenes look iffy at times, but pretty good overall.

I love the movie more than my score suggests, but it's not a classic in the traditional sense. Just a very entertaining 80's B movie. The kind of movie I can throw on anytime.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:36 AM   #106

Oct 2008

How do you add this to your collection when it doesn't appear? Will it get added eventually or do you have to put it in somewhere for them to add it?
Old 01-29-2018, 02:18 AM   #107
Special Member

Jul 2015
Channel Zero

It's on the br.com database here -

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Silver...lu-ray/185894/
donthitpause Esq.
Purveyor of fine, unpopular movie opinions.

"Spoiling movies and making online babies cry since 2015"
Old 01-29-2018, 02:12 PM   #108
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by intothevoid2007 View Post
How do you add this to your collection when it doesn't appear? Will it get added eventually or do you have to put it in somewhere for them to add it?
Hint: As I assume your blu-ray.com search bar has the US flag you might want to set it to "All Countries" so you get the hit (or hits) you desire.

500 years ago on the planet Zeist
Region A/B positive
MOD BD-R? Heck no!
Old 02-03-2018, 06:22 PM   #109
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
England

Don't know if it's been mentioned but the Audio Comm on this release is a brand new one from Red Shirt Pictures (Michael Felsher) with Dir Daniel Attias.

Was a nice surprise, expected it to be the DVD era one....

Well worth double dipping on this after getting the German disc last year, the extras are excellent.
Thanks given by:
Bumblefeet (02-03-2018), Davidian (02-03-2018), donthitpause (02-04-2018), Losey (02-03-2018), mikey 6 (02-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 06:26 PM   #110
Special Member

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickieduvet View Post
Don't know if it's been mentioned but the Audio Comm on this release is a brand new one from Red Shirt Pictures (Michael Felsher) with Dir Daniel Attias.

Was a nice surprise, expected it to be the DVD era one....

Well worth double dipping on this after getting the German disc last year, the extras are excellent.
Thanks for pointing that out, might hold onto the German disc for the old commentary track. It is one of my favorite King adaptations.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:17 PM   #111
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblefeet View Post
Thanks for pointing that out, might hold onto the German disc for the old commentary track. It is one of my favorite King adaptations.
I'd say the PQ is a little tighter on the German release but Umbrella's disc wins hands down with everything else.

Keeping them both
Old 02-07-2018, 08:16 PM   #112
Power Member

Jun 2008
Perth

Has anybody posted these comparison pics from capsaholic?
That there is one damn fine coat you're wearing.

4K UHD - The Experts Agree, Occasionally it's a little better!

Wanted: The Deadly Spawn
Old 02-08-2018, 12:50 AM   #113
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Has anybody posted these comparison pics from capsaholic?
The real story is the comparison between the 2 BD's

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=10959&d2=11351&c=4364

Why does Umbrella continue to encode their flicks with such starved bitrate's?

Saying that I didn't really notice much in the way of compression issues but why not give it room to breath a little.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #114
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickieduvet View Post
The real story is the comparison between the 2 BD's

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=10959&d2=11351&c=4364

Why does Umbrella continue to encode their flicks with such starved bitrate's?

Saying that I didn't really notice much in the way of compression issues but why not give it room to breath a little.
Yeah if you zoom in you will see a difference but that's it.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #115
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2012
Georgia

Marty, a young paraplegic played by the late Corey Haim (The Lost Boys), has a rocky relationship with his older sister, Jane, played by Megan Follows (Anne of Green Gables), who is burdened with helping him due to his handicapped condition, but he also enjoys a close friendship with his alcoholic uncle, played by Gary Busey (Point Break). Meanwhile, the residents of Tarker's Mill are terrified by grisly murders that are occurring around the small town. The father of Marty's girlfriend is killed, and, shortly after, Marty's best friend becomes another one of the victims. After a near fatal encounter, Marty realizes that a werewolf is responsible for the deaths. As the bodies continue to pile up, he and his sister must enlist in the reluctant help of their disbelieving uncle, because the werewolf is someone close to them.

The 1985 horror movie, Silver Bullet, which was directed by Daniel Attias (Alias, The Wire), is a screen adaptation of Stephen King's novella, Cycle of the Werewolf, but it benefits from a few minor alterations. Instead of going on a bloody rampage once a month during the full moon, the creature strikes frequently during a multi-day stretch. Most importantly, however, the troubled interactions of Marty and his family command the bulk of the narrative, to great result. Haim and Follows are fantastic in their roles, and an early scene, where Marty gives money to Jane to pay for her pantyhose as an apology after a practical joke goes awry, outlines the tenderness behind their constant quarreling. It's a tragedy that Haim's life became a spectacle during his final years, because, in this film, his instinctive acting talents are on full display. Busey comes close to stealing the show whenever he is on the screen, though, and the depth of his character is revealed through small gestures, including a scene where he starts to take a swig from a bottle during a funeral, but ultimately puts the bottle away. The strength of the cast of main characters is made clear during the film's one storytelling flaw, an underwhelmingly executed scene where the werewolf attacks townspeople who are hunting it down in a foggy swamp, because the sequence comes across as an intrusion that takes our attention away from Marty and his loved ones for too long.

Everett McGill (Twin Peaks) is outstanding as the lycanthropic antagonist, and, although his character is portrayed as a scheming villain who will go to any length to conceal his identity, he still elicits a semblance of sympathy. Terry O'Quinn (Lost), who plays the local sheriff, lends toughness to an earlier role in his career. Lawrence Tierney (Reservoir Dogs) makes a fun appearance as a bartender with a “Peacemaker” baseball bat.

Silver Bullet is a strangely conflicted movie, because its good-natured kids movie aesthetic, which would have normally merited a PG-13 rating, is intercut with some intensely gory moments that place it squarely in R-rated territory. Somehow, though, it all comes together in a wonderful way. This is one of the better Stephen King adaptations.

I will admit that nostalgia compels me to give Silver Bullet a much better rating than it actually deserves. When I was a freshman in high school, a friend of mine who had HBO at his house would occasionally record movies for me when I gave blank videotapes to him and requested certain titles. One of these VHS tapes, which contained Creepshow, Stand By Me, and Silver Bullet, was one of my prized possessions for years, and I ultimately wore it out due to repeat viewings. When I revisited this film today for first time in a couple of decades, by way of the new Blu-ray, several happy memories of my high school days came flooding back.

This region-free Umbrella Blu-ray is a dream come true. The video presentation will never be mistaken for demo quality, but it nonetheless delivers impressive detail as a faithful representation of the source material. Dialogue comes across quite well, and the werewolf's roar is conveyed in a fearsome way. The extras, including an excellent new director commentary track and an amazing Everett McGill interview, elevate this edition to the stratosphere.

Last edited by The Great Owl; 02-10-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Thanks given by:
Davidian (02-11-2018), donthitpause (02-11-2018), Ianzombie (02-11-2018), mikey 6 (02-11-2018), Mobe1969 (02-11-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 11:27 PM   #116
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2012
Georgia

With regard to Silver Bullet...

[Show spoiler]I'm always intrigued by older sister's narration during the final scene.

“I wasn't always able to say that. But I can say it now. I love you too, Marty.“

This comes across as a strangely melancholic moment, hinting that, in the time between the events portrayed in the movie and the older sister's recollection, unfortunate things happened between them and/or Marty passed away. In light of Corey Haim's death, it comes across as all the more poignant.

So, what do you think happened? Did the adult Marty turn into an alcoholic just like his uncle, fracturing the relationship with his sister?
Did Marty die an untimely death? Suicide?
Old 02-11-2018, 06:35 PM   #117
Power Member

Jun 2008
Perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
With regard to Silver Bullet...

[Show spoiler]I'm always intrigued by older sister's narration during the final scene.

“I wasn't always able to say that. But I can say it now. I love you too, Marty.“

This comes across as a strangely melancholic moment, hinting that, in the time between the events portrayed in the movie and the older sister's recollection, unfortunate things happened between them and/or Marty passed away. In light of Corey Haim's death, it comes across as all the more poignant.

So, what do you think happened? Did the adult Marty turn into an alcoholic just like his uncle, fracturing the relationship with his sister?
Did Marty die an untimely death? Suicide?
I like to think that
[Show spoiler]his uncle dies horribly in a flaming car wreck and wracked by his grief and loneliness Marty turned into a raging alcoholic trying to reclaim some lost semblance of his uncle in the process.
But what do I know, it's only the first time I've seen it. Has anyone read the novel(a) it's based on?

Also I couldn't help but think how much better the movie would have been without Anne of Green Gables intro...
That there is one damn fine coat you're wearing.

4K UHD - The Experts Agree, Occasionally it's a little better!

Wanted: The Deadly Spawn
Old 02-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #118
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Has anyone read the novel(a) it's based on?
Yes. Cycle of the Werewolf differs from Silver Bullet in that the werewolf only kills once a month, during the full moon, and that the story stretches over an entire year.

The dynamics of the family relationships in the novel are similar, but the movie goes further into depth. The story ends the same way, so we don't know what happened to the characters in the future.

It's a quick read, and can be completed in one sitting.
Thanks given by:
Davidian (02-13-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 11:46 PM   #119

Jan 2012

Played my copy tonight on a PS4 in region A Canada, even though the back of the box says this disc is region B. Occasionally throughout the film the frame rate looks to be dropping to half and the pixelization seems to shift between an overall grain to vertical lines like corduroy. Anyone else seeing anything like this? It’s playig on a 4K 75” Sony. I’ll try it out on my Xbone and I’ll try out my old DVD. This TV usually makes DVDs look great so I’m curious what is going wrong.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:50 PM   #120

Jan 2012

Also, John Locke!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia