Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The 15:17 to Paris (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Tom of Finland (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (Blu-ray)
£12.99
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
£8.00
The Brave Archer (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Cold Blooded Beast (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Django, Kill... If You Live, Shoot! (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
£9.99
Blood Simple (Blu-ray)
£8.99
The Long Hair of Death (Blu-ray)
£8.99
The LEGO Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.49
Orchestra Rehearsal (Blu-ray)
£14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #41
stargazeruk stargazeruk is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2008
524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby1985 View Post
Series 5 does have a steelbook, but not in that lovely Alice Xhang artwork. It's quite hideous...but it is out there.
Not to mention a Jumbo Steelbook. I know I got it.

But waiting for the rest to turn up and hopefully matching art work.

Also the specials. If they release them in a Steelbook they better be the US (24p) remastered disks or the German (50i) disks (preferably the German disks).

The UK disks for the doctor who specials with David Tenant are awful and need to be replaced. They were the first 60i disks and unlike planet earth that got replaced with correct frame rate disks the UK doctor who disks still keep getting the same crappy disks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:51 PM   #42
yer wot? yer wot? is offline
Member
 
Dec 2017
65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazeruk View Post
Not to mention a Jumbo Steelbook. I know I got it.

But waiting for the rest to turn up and hopefully matching art work.

Also the specials. If they release them in a Steelbook they better be the US (24p) remastered disks or the German (50i) disks (preferably the German disks).

The UK disks for the doctor who specials with David Tenant are awful and need to be replaced. They were the first 60i disks and unlike planet earth that got replaced with correct frame rate disks the UK doctor who disks still keep getting the same crappy disks.
And that's why I should do my research before impulse picking up bargain priced early BBC/2Entertain blu-rays on Ebay. Ordered that set just last night.

Is the audio at the correct pitch and the visual an improvement over the DVDs, what with at least one episode being an upscale?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #43
Jack Priest Jack Priest is offline
Active Member
 
Jack Priest's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
327
Default

Does anyone know, did the UK single edition Blu-ray of Deep Breath ever come with a slipcover? I know the UK DVD did, but I've never been able to find a picture of the UK Blu-ray with a slipcover. The US Blu-ray did have one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #44
Jack Priest Jack Priest is offline
Active Member
 
Jack Priest's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
327
Default

wow - How much of an idiot must you be to mess up the subtitles here.

Firstly, physical "souls" makes no sense. Like, actually process what you are typing. How does this stuff make it to the final product?

Secondly - It LITERALLY says on the screen in plain text what is being said, as it is being said, before the subtitles were added. All they had to do was copy from that. Physical SELVES. Right there in front of you. Open your damn eyes AND listen to what is being said.


  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #45
Billz Billz is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Billz's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
In a rubbish part of England
236
109
5
36
Send a message via MSN to Billz
Default

Just goes to show you that they don't review their products properly before signing on mass production.

So, do you want this slipcover, or were you lucky enough to get one with your copy?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #46
stargazeruk stargazeruk is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2008
524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yer wot? View Post
And that's why I should do my research before impulse picking up bargain priced early BBC/2Entertain blu-rays on Ebay. Ordered that set just last night.

Is the audio at the correct pitch and the visual an improvement over the DVDs, what with at least one episode being an upscale?
To be honest I could not watch the 60i ones. I am sensitive to the motion judder it produces and it gives me headache.

Three of the specials got 24p encodes on the in the 10 christmas specials.

I now have the german disks which are 50i and I brought them of amazon.de.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #47
yer wot? yer wot? is offline
Member
 
Dec 2017
65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazeruk View Post
To be honest I could not watch the 60i ones. I am sensitive to the motion judder it produces and it gives me headache.

Three of the specials got 24p encodes on the in the 10 christmas specials.

I now have the german disks which are 50i and I brought them of amazon.de.
It's the three Christmas episodes on The "Series 4.5" Specials set that I've watched and didn't notice any problems with motion, pitch or episode length (is slowdown an issue with 50i to 60i conversions?) so presumably someone at BBC Worldwide did the right thing and provided the corrected masters when it came time to repress the set.

However after reading your comment I'm dreading watching Planet of the Dead and Waters of Mars. But regarding the first of those two episodes that's most people's natural reaction anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:49 AM   #48
worldchmps worldchmps is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2011
5
Default

Will the complete season box set have the Christmas special? Or will I have to get this separately?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #49
moorje moorje is offline
Member
 
moorje's Avatar
 
Sep 2017
London, UK
495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldchmps View Post
Will the complete season box set have the Christmas special? Or will I have to get this separately?
It's not been confirmed yet and probably won't be until the set is officially announced (ie late 2018/early 2019).

I'd be very surprised if it was. While most Christmas Specials ended up in a complete season boxset, The Time Of The Doctor was the exception. However anything is possible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #50
Jack Priest Jack Priest is offline
Active Member
 
Jack Priest's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz View Post
So, do you want this slipcover, or were you lucky enough to get one with your copy?
Ah! Thank you, but mine did come with one - sorry for the late reply - I appreciate the offer though
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19 PM.