Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The 15:17 to Paris (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Tom of Finland (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (Blu-ray)
£12.99
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
£8.00
The Brave Archer (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Cold Blooded Beast (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Django, Kill... If You Live, Shoot! (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
£9.99
Blood Simple (Blu-ray)
£8.99
The Long Hair of Death (Blu-ray)
£8.99
The LEGO Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.49
Orchestra Rehearsal (Blu-ray)
£14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #41
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby1985 View Post
Series 5 does have a steelbook, but not in that lovely Alice Xhang artwork. It's quite hideous...but it is out there.
Not to mention a Jumbo Steelbook. I know I got it.

But waiting for the rest to turn up and hopefully matching art work.

Also the specials. If they release them in a Steelbook they better be the US (24p) remastered disks or the German (50i) disks (preferably the German disks).

The UK disks for the doctor who specials with David Tenant are awful and need to be replaced. They were the first 60i disks and unlike planet earth that got replaced with correct frame rate disks the UK doctor who disks still keep getting the same crappy disks.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:51 PM   #42

Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazeruk View Post
Not to mention a Jumbo Steelbook. I know I got it.

But waiting for the rest to turn up and hopefully matching art work.

Also the specials. If they release them in a Steelbook they better be the US (24p) remastered disks or the German (50i) disks (preferably the German disks).

The UK disks for the doctor who specials with David Tenant are awful and need to be replaced. They were the first 60i disks and unlike planet earth that got replaced with correct frame rate disks the UK doctor who disks still keep getting the same crappy disks.
And that's why I should do my research before impulse picking up bargain priced early BBC/2Entertain blu-rays on Ebay. Ordered that set just last night.

Is the audio at the correct pitch and the visual an improvement over the DVDs, what with at least one episode being an upscale?
Old 02-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #43

Jul 2012

Does anyone know, did the UK single edition Blu-ray of Deep Breath ever come with a slipcover? I know the UK DVD did, but I've never been able to find a picture of the UK Blu-ray with a slipcover. The US Blu-ray did have one.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #44

Jul 2012

wow - How much of an idiot must you be to mess up the subtitles here.

Firstly, physical "souls" makes no sense. Like, actually process what you are typing. How does this stuff make it to the final product?

Secondly - It LITERALLY says on the screen in plain text what is being said, as it is being said, before the subtitles were added. All they had to do was copy from that. Physical SELVES. Right there in front of you. Open your damn eyes AND listen to what is being said.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
In a rubbish part of England
Send a message via MSN to Billz

Just goes to show you that they don't review their products properly before signing on mass production.

So, do you want this slipcover, or were you lucky enough to get one with your copy?
Old 02-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #46
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by yer wot? View Post
And that's why I should do my research before impulse picking up bargain priced early BBC/2Entertain blu-rays on Ebay. Ordered that set just last night.

Is the audio at the correct pitch and the visual an improvement over the DVDs, what with at least one episode being an upscale?
To be honest I could not watch the 60i ones. I am sensitive to the motion judder it produces and it gives me headache.

Three of the specials got 24p encodes on the in the 10 christmas specials.

I now have the german disks which are 50i and I brought them of amazon.de.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #47

Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazeruk View Post
To be honest I could not watch the 60i ones. I am sensitive to the motion judder it produces and it gives me headache.

Three of the specials got 24p encodes on the in the 10 christmas specials.

I now have the german disks which are 50i and I brought them of amazon.de.
It's the three Christmas episodes on The "Series 4.5" Specials set that I've watched and didn't notice any problems with motion, pitch or episode length (is slowdown an issue with 50i to 60i conversions?) so presumably someone at BBC Worldwide did the right thing and provided the corrected masters when it came time to repress the set.

However after reading your comment I'm dreading watching Planet of the Dead and Waters of Mars. But regarding the first of those two episodes that's most people's natural reaction anyway.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:49 AM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011

Will the complete season box set have the Christmas special? Or will I have to get this separately?
Old 02-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #49

Sep 2017
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldchmps View Post
Will the complete season box set have the Christmas special? Or will I have to get this separately?
It's not been confirmed yet and probably won't be until the set is officially announced (ie late 2018/early 2019).

I'd be very surprised if it was. While most Christmas Specials ended up in a complete season boxset, The Time Of The Doctor was the exception. However anything is possible.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #50

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz View Post
So, do you want this slipcover, or were you lucky enough to get one with your copy?
Ah! Thank you, but mine did come with one - sorry for the late reply - I appreciate the offer though
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland