Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate [3D] (Blu-ray)
£7.49
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (Blu-ray)
£12.99
Ice Cold in Alex (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The 15:17 to Paris (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Tom of Finland (Blu-ray)
£8.99
The LEGO Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.48
Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell (Blu-ray)
£9.99
Cold Blooded Beast (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
£9.99
Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami (Blu-ray)
£12.99
The Brave Archer (Blu-ray)
£8.99
Troy: Fall of A City (Blu-ray)
£20.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #381
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Yeah the artwork on the 4K/ 3D steelbook is absolutely awful but it's the content that matters. Great to have both discs in one set.
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
Thanks given by:
Ste7en (02-06-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #382
Special Member

Jan 2015
Bristol, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Yeah the artwork on the 4K/ 3D steelbook is absolutely awful but it's the content that matters. Great to have both discs in one set.
I have the steel next to me right now and I think it looks beautiful, so that's definitely subjective...
Old 02-06-2018, 02:03 PM   #383

Jan 2017
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougling View Post
I have the steel next to me right now and I think it looks beautiful, so that's definitely subjective...
I think it definitely looks worse in pictures than it does in person.
""What a long, strange trip it's been in Foreman's basement"- Micheal Kelso

UV Codes for sale here:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=301252
Old 02-06-2018, 02:16 PM   #384
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013
Durham, UK

Joi looks like Janice form the Dr Teeth and The Electric Mayhem band.

On the plus side, if you tilt it at just the right angle you can barely see it

Last edited by Ste7en; 02-06-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:30 PM   #385
Special Member

Jan 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
Maybe he missed out on the first edition? The second one does have a different cover (although I personally prefer the first one).
Any links on the first edition vs second edition soundtrack - what to look for etc?
Old 02-06-2018, 02:39 PM   #386
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougling View Post
Yes opinions do tend to be
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
Old 02-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #387

Nov 2016
London

The audio is definitely mixed too loud on this disc, to the point of harsh clipping in places, which is so nice when you use headphones and you get that in your ear(mostly the right side)
Old 02-06-2018, 03:34 PM   #388
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013
Durham, UK

When I saw it at the cinema the screen was rippling. Like that cup of water in Jurassic Park.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:59 PM   #389
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmw98 View Post
I think it definitely looks worse in pictures than it does in person.
Haha, I thought the exact opposite when I saw it in HMV yesterday!
Top Ten Most Wanted Blu-rays: Amphibian Man (1962) - Big Wednesday (1978) - Danger: Diabolik (1968) - The Devils (1971) - The Final Programme (1973) - Hard Eight (1996) - Lawn Dogs (1997) - Martin (1977) - O Lucky Man! (1973) - Static (1986)
Old 02-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #390

Jun 2013
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_1999 View Post
Any links on the first edition vs second edition soundtrack - what to look for etc?
Yeah, I just looked it up again - been a while since I had seem them.

The most obvious difference is the front cover. The first editions feature the "neon" colouring, whereas the second edition has the plain-style cover (same as the standard Blu).

I've got #73 of the first edition, but I am curious as to whether the second edition featured anything different besides the cover - perhaps some alternate images in the booklet?
Thanks given by:
derek_1999 (02-07-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 10:05 PM   #391

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrob View Post
Seconded.

Saw it on Digital IMAX and the sound was immense.
Same here - 2D Digital IMAX viewing (with the best PQ I've ever witnessed theatrically), and a viscerally tactile and LOUD sound mix that in conjunction with the large, bathed-in-colors images provided for a sensual experience quite unlike anything I've seen before - a very pure cinematic "language" indeed.

I'm glad to read to Sony/WB(?) Blu-ray sound is mixed loud as well, certainly insofar that it represents the theatrical/IMAX experience fairly accurately, and as long as it doesn't mean the sound is clipping.

Has anyone made some comparison between the WB and Sony Blu-ray editions, to see if there's any meaningful discrepancies in the picture quality between the two? Moreover, would the 16-bit sound from the Sony, given the number of channels to been the same, be inferior to the WB 24-bit due to the reduced bit-depth alone?
Old 02-06-2018, 11:15 PM   #392
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfingerboogie View Post
Yeah, I just looked it up again - been a while since I had seem them.

The most obvious difference is the front cover. The first editions feature the "neon" colouring, whereas the second edition has the plain-style cover (same as the standard Blu).

I've got #73 of the first edition, but I am curious as to whether the second edition featured anything different besides the cover - perhaps some alternate images in the booklet?
Blade Runner 2049 CD Soundtrack Limited Editions
The booklet is the same one with both limited editions both using the front artwork of the second edition CD digipak

Booklet content is also the same in the standard jewel case CD soundtrack and that has the front artwork of the first limited edition

I have the second edition of the limited edition CD soundtrack and IMO looks lot better than the first edition as that's the same artwork as the standard jewel case CD soundtrack

Second Edition CD Soundtrack
25445921_10213965405109791_1660560509657076041_n.jpg

Booklet in Photo below
25446417_10213965406789833_1938748359715955011_n.jpg

Last edited by paulboland; 02-06-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Thanks given by:
badfingerboogie (02-07-2018), derek_1999 (02-07-2018), Ste7en (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 03:37 AM   #393

Jun 2013
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulboland View Post
Blade Runner 2049 CD Soundtrack Limited Editions
The booklet is the same one with both limited editions both using the front artwork of the second edition CD digipak

Booklet content is also the same in the standard jewel case CD soundtrack and that has the front artwork of the first limited edition

I have the second edition of the limited edition CD soundtrack and IMO looks lot better than the first edition as that's the same artwork as the standard jewel case CD soundtrack

Second Edition CD Soundtrack
Attachment 192534

Booklet in Photo below
Attachment 192535
Ooh nice, yeah looks like everything's identical to the first edition except the front cover then.
Thanks given by:
paulboland (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 10:50 AM   #394

May 2011
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Iím picturing you wearing dark glasses indoors a la Anna Wintour!

Iím always uncomfortably aware that people who make unboxing videos are judging the quality of the graphic design, packaging etc. and the world at large is judging their table, their wallpaper, the penknife they use to remove the shrink wrap...

This forum reminds me of Mean Girls.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:46 PM   #395

Jan 2016
London, UK

Totally blown away by this film. Didn't see it at the cinema (I've boycotted my local for years) so naturally I kept Monday evening free to watch it. Now I haven't seen the making of Blade Runner docs for a while, or flicked through the pages of Future Noir by Paul Sammon, but unless I'm mistaken wasn't the
[Show spoiler] opening scene with the spinner landing next to the shack and the pot boiling away on the stove almost exactly the same as the original story boards for Blade Runner which were later discarded with all the re-writes to the script?
Old 02-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #396
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by scala View Post
Totally blown away by this film. Didn't see it at the cinema (I've boycotted my local for years) so naturally I kept Monday evening free to watch it. Now I haven't seen the making of Blade Runner docs for a while, or flicked through the pages of Future Noir by Paul Sammon, but unless I'm mistaken wasn't the
[Show spoiler] opening scene with the spinner landing next to the shack and the pot boiling away on the stove almost exactly the same as the original story boards for Blade Runner which were later discarded with all the re-writes to the script?
It was meant as a little homage / Easter egg for the fans.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time." DM
"How many times do I have to buy this thing?" MH
"Sure. Fine. Whatever." DS
Thanks given by:
scala (02-07-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 09:19 AM   #397

Mar 2012

More than a homage IMO, much of it was the original start for Blade Runner that Ridley had planned as covered in the Dangerous Days doc.

Itís also perhaps worth seeing the short 2048: Nowhere to Run - before watching the film IMO.

The blu ray has a great transfer (although glad I saw it at the cinema) and sound, have a dts x virtual soundbar and it sounds superb.

Now the documentaries, well Designing the World of Blade Runner is a good watch and they cover lots in 21 mins, but it was so fast paced.

I can hope that a fan made documentary is in the works, thatís pulls content from the docs, YouTube and audio and we get a 2+ in-depth documentary on Blade Runner 2049.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #398
Expert Member

Sep 2012
England

Just finished watching this so some non-spoilerific thoughts...
The Good:
The visuals were amazing.
Performances were great, in particular Ford.
If you told me a couple of years ago that the Blade Runner sequel would have Vangelis replaced with Hans Zimmer I would have been appalled and yet... the soundtrack was very effective...
The not-so-good:
While the film looked amazing, there is something about the claustrophobic atmosphere of the original film that is completely lost when broadening the environs in this film...
Some of the nods to the original felt like (admittedly clever) fan fiction.
I was not a fan of the Ana De Armas holographic character.

This is probably as good a film to follow in the Blade Runner universe as we could have hoped for, I shudder to think about the way sequels could have been made to this. And yet there is something so unique and singular about the atmosphere of the original film that despite how incredibly well made this one is, it canít hold a candle to the first film. Having said that I will certainly be revisiting Blade Runner 2049 many times in the future.
Blu Ray Most Wanted: After Hours (Scorsese), Bringing Out the Dead (Scorsese), Femme Fatale (De Palma), Panic Room (Fincher), The Tenant (Polanski), Something Wicked This Way Comes (Jack Clayton), Someone to Watch Over Me (Ridley Scott), The Hitcher (Robert Harmon), The Parallax View (Alan J. Pakula), Young Sherlock Holmes (Barry Levinson), The Keep (Michael Mann), Murder by Decree (Bob Clark).
Old 02-11-2018, 12:42 AM   #399

Jun 2016
In a galaxy far, far away...

Is it true if you buy this from Sainsbury’s you get the book free?
I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and a fez...!
Old 02-11-2018, 03:27 AM   #400
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013
London, England

Thanks given by:
NovaNaut (02-11-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland